Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

imagine none of that urban sprawl around disneyland?

Imagine Disneyland had no urban sprawl around it etc. motel,trailer homes and cheap buisnesses? What would it be like

• Following the Second Star

Re: imagine none of that urban sprawl around disneyland?

What would it be like?

Like Disneyland with no urban sprawl around it.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• =)

You mean something a little more like this?

• potterday.org

I think I saw what that would be like last year when I visited Walt Disney World for the first time.

There I am, riding on the train and looking behind me expecting to see Harbor boulevard, when lo and behold the whole of the place is surrounded by green fields... it was weird.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• =)

In a way, being surrounded by the unabashed realness of Anaheim actually helps me enjoy the park. The transition is just such a shock...it makes it all the more amazing that the park can create its own world like that. EDIT: Not trying to put down WDW, mind you. My last and only visit there was a long time ago, and from what I remember, I was surprised by the undeveloped expanse around the parks, but it didn't negatively affect my experience.

• A Weather Eye Open

Dude, imagine if, when driving through southern california, there was open country between each town and city.

I grew up in Northern California, and to go to the next town you have to drive many miles through the fields and forests. When we took long trips in the car down to Southern California and I asked "Mom, where are we now?", I would get so confused because she would say that we were in a completely different city than the last time I'd asked, but I had been looking out the window and seen that we had never left the city at all...

My father grew up in San Dimas back when California was still considered a "garden state". It's a nice thought.

Not to knock Anaheim, especially the Resort District. There's a lot of fun things to do there.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Disneyland without the Urban Sprawl around it wouldnt be disneyland. Southern California IS urban sprawl. The drive from the International border through San Diego and the Oc all the way up to Santa Barbara has a grand total of one break in sprawl, Camp Pendelton Marine Corp Base. It is what makes Southern California a specific type of life style. It is absolutely what makes Disneyland special. It is the walk in from Harbor Blvd on one side or Katella on the other and suddenly being transported to a different world. without the urban sprawl Disneyland wouldnt be magically without several accompanying parks and hotels to create an entirely new world.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    Imagine Disneyland had no urban sprawl around it etc. motel,trailer homes and cheap buisnesses? What would it be like
    The Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

• Vasooki-land Owner

I actually love the urban sprawl. Its almost like Disney parks belong in that sort of place. Yo really cant see too much of it from anywhere until you get inside, and I love driving through the city first, seeing all the nasty dirty buildings and stuff, then coming into a magical place of sore feet. xD
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    I actually love the urban sprawl. Its almost like Disney parks belong in that sort of place. Yo really cant see too much of it from anywhere until you get inside, and I love driving through the city first, seeing all the nasty dirty buildings and stuff, then coming into a magical place of sore feet. xD
    I think it makes it seem even wonderful-er than it already is.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Vasooki View Post
    That is exactley what Walt did not want.

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    That is exactley what Walt did not want.
    Yeah well, you know what? We can say that about a lot of stuff in the world today. Maybe Walt wouldn't have wanted the iPhone to be created. Maybe he wouldn't have wanted the Angels to have gotten out of the playoffs so early [/sadangelsfan]. Times change, nothing we can do about it.

Honestly though, there's things that have to change. Just because it wasn't what Walt would have wanted the city of Anahiem can't make sure there is absolutly NOTHING around Disneyland. It can't be done! That's valuable space, and they had to let other people build there.

It's not the City of Disney. It's the City of Anahiem.

• Banned User

Hey! I grew up in that urban sprawl and I have to tell you it looks a lot better now in some ways than it did before. The neighborhood I grew up in was about a mile from Disneyland and at that time (late 70's/early 80's)it was a nice neighborhood. Now however, that neighborhood is really bad. But areas around Disneyland have been fixed up fairly nicely. For example, The corner on Ball and Harbor where the gas station is used to be a no tell motel, complete with hookers and INS raids. A lot of the restaurants and hotels have also been redone. So the area around Disneyland while it is "urban" is in fact fairly upscale and nice. While I agree that seeing nothing but trees and fields around Disneyland would be a nice chance of scene, it is not part of what Southern California is.

• =)

While I agree that seeing nothing but trees and fields around Disneyland would be a nice chance of scene, it is not part of what Southern California is.
    Well...it's not part of what Southern California has been for the last half a century. Many centuries before that would beg to differ, I'm sure.

• Banned User

Wink Re: imagine none of that urban sprawl around disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Well...it's not part of what Southern California has been for the last half a century. Many centuries before that would beg to differ, I'm sure.

Goos point Datameister. I will clarify. It is not part of what Modern Southern California is. Let's say post 1970 Southern California.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast