Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Cool Disney "meet" contest...??

I'm sure there is a "name" for this, Data, maybe you can help me out here. QUESTION: For all of you who attend meets, or gatherings with groups of friends, have you ever tried a contest to see which group could ride the most rides in the day ever have a contest that includes ride the most rides and see the most characters? From rope drop to park close, any one ever do such a contest?
    I have never done this. Never had enough people in my party to do such a fund "sounding" thing, don't know how it would go...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney "meet" contest...??

Sure have. It's the annual Gumball Rally. Next week is the WDW version.

Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 10-11-2008 at 07:35 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Sure have. It's the annual Gumball Rally. Next week is the WDW version.

Is THAT what the gumball rally is?! I keep seeing the postings but, my brian being what it is didn't seem to "understand" it. Thanks. Maybe I should read up on that again...

Thank you though yoyo

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes, we've done two Gumball Rally's at Disneyland so far, the one in WDW coming up, and I'm sure we will do another one in Disneyland in the future too, we just don't have a date planned for it yet.

And yes, its insane fun. Its a very long, tiring day but its crazy fun at the same time!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

I'm asking stupid questions that everyone already knows the answers to aren't I...
    Its as though readers will be thinking, duh.. the gumball rally, what is Jiminy "new"
    I see that there is one upcoming for wdw, but does DL & Dca have one, and I'm just too clueless to know about this?

GOT IT, Pengy.. just read your post, thank you!!!
    Sounds like fun... I'd like to partake in the next one I think. Nervous, but fun. I can handle long and tiring days NO PROBLEM, after all I work 18 to 20 hours a day, weeks at a time sometimes, so I'm SURE I can handle it

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    I see that there is one upcoming for wdw, but does DL & Dca have one, and I'm just too clueless to know about this?
    See the post above you. Penguinsoda mentions we had 2 in California, the first was Disneyland only, and the second was DL and DCA; a thrid will be coming soon from what I hear.

And PS is right. Tiring and long, but awesome, crazy, wickedly amazing fun!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    See the post above you. Penguinsoda mentions we had 2 in California, the first was Disneyland only, and the second was DL and DCA; a thrid will be coming soon from what I hear.

And PS is right. Tiring and long, but awesome, crazy, wickedly amazing fun!
    I got it. I'm with ya now yoyo. A little slow, but up to speed now.
    YoYo, did you have fun when you did it???

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy Crickett View Post
    I'm asking stupid questions that everyone already knows the answers to aren't I...
    Its as though readers will be thinking, duh.. the gumball rally, what is Jiminy "new"

GOT IT, Pengy.. just read your post, thank you!!!
    Sounds like fun... I'd like to partake in the next one I think. Nervous, but fun. I can handle long and tiring days NO PROBLEM, after all I work 18 to 20 hours a day, weeks at a time sometimes, so I'm SURE I can handle it
    Hey... no question is a stupid question! Not everyone has been here since day one or has the time to be on here all day every day... like... some... uh... people. Thats how we learn is by asking!

I'm not sure exactly how our next Gumball Rally in Disneyland will work. After the last one, there was some talk about making some changes, but nothing was ever finalized. The important part is to just have fun, and not take it to serious. Once we get a date for the next one, we'll start working on details and feed out teasers as soon as we can.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hey... no question is a stupid question! Not everyone has been here since day one or has the time to be on here all day every day... like... some... uh... people. Thats how we learn is by asking!

I'm not sure exactly how our next Gumball Rally in Disneyland will work. After the last one, there was some talk about making some changes, but nothing was ever finalized. The important part is to just have fun, and not take it to serious. Once we get a date for the next one, we'll start working on details and feed out teasers as soon as we can.

ooooo pengy.. I'm gettin goose bumpy over here.. looking forward to this. Seems so exciting to me, cause its so new, but it does sound like much fun. I am certainly NOT about the fierce competition but the "FUN" part sound tiggerific.

Hi, I've been watching MC for awhile and was wondering if there was a way to get questions from the previous gumball rallies?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Celticfox View Post
    Hi, I've been watching MC for awhile and was wondering if there was a way to get questions from the previous gumball rallies?
    oh, hey, good question. Maybe some of the "pro's" can help answer that one.
    Pengy.. you around?

If you don't get her here, I recommend Private Messaging her, she responds really quickly. When I first got involved with Mice Chat I contacted her privately when I got confused or needed more info from the past...
    Welcome by the way. 9 posts so far, that's great! Hope you're having some fun in this community thus far.

Oh thanks for the advice I've been lurking quite a bit for awhile. I live way to far from DL to go on a regular basis, so I've been trying to live vicariously through here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Celticfox View Post
    Oh thanks for the advice I've been lurking quite a bit for awhile. I live way to far from DL to go on a regular basis, so I've been trying to live vicariously through here.

much like any of us do. you are among friends. some of us, completely understand your withdraw, at least I do

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Well it wouldn't do you any good to get the questions from the older rallys... coz we change them each time... or some of the quests we've done... But here's a recent thread where the questions were talked about.

past gumball rally questions

As for the next one... um. Might work the same... might not... can't say for sure right now. :

But one thing I can tell you from last year... it was my first Gumball Rally. I didn't participate, but was one of the "spotters" wandering around the park watching the teams. On more than one occasion I would approach a team and ask them how they were doing, and they'd laugh and say they weren't really keeping up with the questions, they were just having a blast hanging out with new people and running around the parks together. And THAT is the best part of the game!!

I saw that thread.. which is what gave me the idea for the questions. Just to do them for fun. I leave next week for a week of DL and DCA... thought those question would be fun to do with my travel companions (My boyfriend and sister).

I wish I could go to the next Gumball rally.. sounds awesomely fun.. but I was told this would be the last trip for awhile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast