Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Your Favorite Movie Turned Ride and Vice-Versa

My favorite ride turned movie(s) has to be the Pirates of the Caribbean. I mean, I LOVE the ride with a passion, I love the smell when you first walk in. The movies are awesome, too. I mean, Will Turner, hello? Is he yummy or what?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Your Favorite Movie Turned Ride and Vice-Versa

Of course, love Peter Pan, Dumbo, etc....love Pirates of the Caribbean....and was overwhelmingly thrilled with the offering of a movie in 2003.........and the secondary movies to it were cool, I guess.....still haven't seen the third one yet. However, I don't like how the movie has now spilled over back into the ride with Jack Sparrow all over the place.......

Also loved Swiss Family Robinson......and loved the Treehouse, but we all know what happened there too.........hopefully it will 'return'.

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Of course, love Peter Pan, Dumbo, etc....love Pirates of the Caribbean....and was overwhelmingly thrilled with the offering of a movie in 2003.........and the secondary movies to it were cool, I guess.....still haven't seen the third one yet.
    But....but....how......(GASP) HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE THIRD ONE?????????????? IT'S THE BEST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS WILL IS EVEN BEAUTIFULLER (I know it isn't a word, but shouldn't it be?)!!!!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt_101 View Post
    But....but....how......(GASP) HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE THIRD ONE?????????????? IT'S THE BEST ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS WILL IS EVEN BEAUTIFULLER (I know it isn't a word, but shouldn't it be?)!!!!
    I guess it should be.......beautifuller......I should Google it......I don't know...my wife and my brother watched it, but I fell asleep on the couch.....to me, the whole saga could've ended with the first one.......kind of like Back To The Future...........my opinion, of course

• =)

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl will always be the quintessential Disneyland-attraction-turned-movie for me. I love the way the filmmakers handled it, with numerous clever references to the attraction that make it feel like this could be one of many stories behind the attraction. Yet it stands so well on its own, as well. It was just so enjoyable in every way. Then came the sequels...but they're another tale entirely, and I'd rather not let this thread degenerate so quickly into a lot of

::calms himself down::

As for the reverse route, from movie to ride, I'd have to go with Indiana Jones. The attraction perfectly conveys the feel of the movies in a three-dimensional and intensely immersive way. It's thematically appropriate. It's fun. There's a lot to look at. It uses the queue as an integral part of the attraction, rather than providing us with a series of boring switchbacks. The illusion is just so...amazing. It fits perfectly in Disneyland, despite not being a Disney property, and it stands as one of the most mindblowing creations to come out of WDI so far, if you ask me. Heck, I'm listening to the audio right now...

EDIT:
    HOW COULD YOU NOT SEE THE THIRD ONE? [snip] IT'S THE BEST ONE!
    Er...you're voted off the island.

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I guess it should be.......beautifuller......I should Google it......I don't know...my wife and my brother watched it, but I fell asleep on the couch.....to me, the whole saga could've ended with the first one.......kind of like Back To The Future...........my opinion, of course
    But.......but........but......I like Pirates.....

Datameister: I think the first and the third are the best. I have actually never seen the Indiana Jones movies, my brother is always trying to get me to watch them, but I don't always want to. I once tried to watch the first one with my friend but all she did was talk about the stupid monkey. I have only been on the ride once....

• =)

I have actually never seen the Indiana Jones movies, my brother is always trying to get me to watch them, but I don't always want to. I once tried to watch the first one with my friend but all she did was talk about the stupid monkey.
    You're missing out, dude! At least watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's practically perfect. The other three have their problems...sometimes in ample quantities...though they're all enjoyable, too.

I have only been on the ride once....
    Time to fix that!

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    You're missing out, dude! At least watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's practically perfect. The other three have their problems...sometimes in ample quantities...though they're all enjoyable, too.

Time to fix that!
    Ok, 1, I am a girl. Therefore, the political term would be dudette. I don't know, I mean they look ok. I think I will over Christmas or Thanksgiving break when my brother is home.

And 2, I will fix that with my November trip!

• =)

Ok, 1, I am a girl. Therefore, the political term would be dudette.
    Sorry...I call girls "dude", too... And considering your avatar/sig/user name/title..."couldn't resist, mate."

I will fix that with November trip!
    I'm gonna hold you to that!

• Iron-Clad Allie

My favorite movie turned ride is Peter Pan. Why Disney has not incorporated a ride system similar to PP into another attraction is beyond me.

My favorite ride turned movie is Haunted Mansion - simply because I don't want to keep up with the Davy Jones', all of whom are choosing POTC.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-11-2008 at 11:51 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Keep Moving Forward

Do we even have to ask about favorite ride-turned-movie? I'm pretty sure there's only one even worth speaking of.

As for favorite movie-turned-ride, I have to say Splash Mountain. I might be a little bit biased though.

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Sorry...I call girls "dude", too... And considering your avatar/sig/user name/title..."couldn't resist, mate."

I'm gonna hold you to that!
    It's ok, you can call me dude. I call my friends and my friends call me dude.

Ok, what about I make you deal? I will try to ride Indy 3-5 times???

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    My favorite movie turned ride is Peter Pan. Why Disney has not incorporated a ride system similar to PP into another attraction is beyond me.

My favorite ride turned movie is Haunted Mansion - simply because I don't want to keep up with the Davy Jonse's, all of whom are choosing POTC.
    I am the only one so far who has chosen POTC.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

You're missing out, dude! At least watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's practically perfect.
    Ok, 1, I am a girl. Therefore, the political term would be dudette. I don't know, I mean they look ok.
    What Data forgot to tell you is that Raiders is a love story. It's a chick flick with a few action scenes thrown in. Don't believe me, watch it.

As for the OP question. Movie turned into ride. I have to agree with Data and say Indiana Jones with Splash Mountain and ToT (if you want to consider it since it was actually a TV show) a close second. As for ride turned to movie, although the rides of Fantasyland are great, I'm going to still have to say Pirates.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Turner Classic Movies just showed *The Parent Trap* and *Pollyanna* last week - and I'll submit that *Pollyanna* did a lovely job of turning a DL attraction (Main Street, USA) into a film. If you haven't seen it in a while, go back and take a look!
    okerry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast