Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Proud US Navy Wife

Sad Mice Chat meets?

So.. I don't know where to put this(the meets forum looked as if it was to plan them instead of asking about them but forgive me if I am wrong).. or where the question has been answered before.. I'm horrid with boards.. but we are planning to be in Disneyland on Oct 26 which is a sunday... We were hoping to attend the meet.. but I'm people shy and don't know what they are like so I was hoping someone could explain them a bit? ^^;

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: Mice Chat meets?

They meet at noon at the hub. You should see a bunch of people there.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Kittiekyo View Post
    So.. I don't know where to put this(the meets forum looked as if it was to plan them instead of asking about them but forgive me if I am wrong).. or where the question has been answered before.. I'm horrid with boards.. but we are planning to be in Disneyland on Oct 26 which is a sunday... We were hoping to attend the meet.. but I'm people shy and don't know what they are like so I was hoping someone could explain them a bit? ^^;
    I'd be happy to help Kitty!

Every Suday there is a meet in the Hub at noon for MiceChatters. There is anywhere from 20 people to 50 or more depending on the day. I'd recommend introducing yourself and that it's your first meet. One of the regulars would be more then happy to show you around and let you meet some new people.

The meet is normally a half and hour and then a place is decided for lunch. If you feel comfortable you are welcome to join the group for lunch. If you still feel uncomfortable Lunch is totally optional. I was apprehensive at first but have been going to meets for well over a year now. Give it a try, everyone is very kind and accomodating to newbies.

Have Fun!!!

Chad

• Circle of Ancients

First off, welcome to the boards, were so happy to have you.

As Aashee explained, the meets are VERY informal occasions. We all try our best to be as welcoming as possible, but we don't know your an MCer if you don't introduce yourself.

I would suggest approaching somebody you recognize from a Trip Report, or PM somebody who will be there so you can meet them at the meet, and they'll be more than happy to "show you around".

We've all been there, we've all had our first meet and were all still here.

• We Want The Redhead

I was unsure how to go about my first meet as well. At noon i showed up at the hub, saw a group of 15-20 people and simply asked 'Mice Chat?' At least 5 people smiling jumped in with a yes and we were immediatly chatting! These folks will make you feel very welcome. It's a very friendly bunch...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes go!! The first one is a bit hard if you're shy. I remember my first meet... I recognized Wolfy from her picture in trip reports so I went up to her and introduced myself... next thing I know she was taking me around introducing me and there was laughing and hugging.... and then I wasn't scared anymore!!!

We love to meet new people, and we always say, we don't bite.... unless you ask us to!! Drop on by and get to know a few people, put faces with names, and like aashee said go to lunch if you feel comfortable, or if not, maybe the next meet you'll be a little more at ease! But for sure, go on up and introduce yourself to someone you recognize!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

My first meet was kind of terrifying. I went back and forth as to whether I should just leave or not. But I gathered up my courage, walked up to this group, and asked, "MiceChat?" and the rest was history. Everybody was very friendly and welcoming. I hope you find the same.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I am there every Sunday, so if you want, you can PM me, so we can meet up a litte before the meet and hang out for a little bit to get comfortable around STRANGE, WEIRD people,

• Former Cast Member

I still have to make my first meet as well. So far, everything is about timing for me. We seem to get at the park well after the meet has dispersed. so I have to get my wife to wake up a bit earlier, so we can make it. I did run into Dusty and Fishbulb and Crazy Legs at Scary Farm last year and actually got a pic with Fishbulb. They are kool kats!!!

Plaza

• E T1CK3T

The meets are super fun! What I did was just hang around the area for a little bit until I asked someone if this is where the MiceChat meets were. I was immediately meeting other MCers, many ones that I'd read comments from on the boards. My first meet was actually the 53rd July 17th meet, so it was a special meet. Come have fun with us! I'm usually the one wearing Aviator sunglasses, so come introduce yourself, We'd love to have you!

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I've only been to one meet, the third anniversary meet. I to am a little people shy and have a difficult time just going up and introducing myself to people. The micechatters are EXTREMELY welcoming and friendly...I didn't meet any one person who was rude or unfriendly. So my best advice to you is to plan to meet up with a regular Sunday meet chatter and I'm sure they would be happy to introduce you or you can just go up and start talking! Sunday @ Noon @ The Hub (Walt & Mickey Statue)

Here's a youtube video of a mini meet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=sBfI8cDkpYI
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Dan's idea is a good one - arrange to meet with a member a little bit before the meet. That way, you'll have someone to help ease you into it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• E T1CK3T

PretzelSouls, that video is great! Little DIP learning the ways of the fastpass! Soo funny! That's a good video of what meets are like. With bigger meets, just imagine that same atmosphere and conversation times 3 or 4. Fun times.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I love MC meets. I started going to them just a couple weeks after I joined the site. So much fun, met some great people. Everyone who attends is super friendly. I love it, it's usually my little something to look forward to during the week.

I am soooo glad someone asked about the meets. I kept hearing bits and pieces about them but never any actually information. These sound awesome and I think I will try to dig up the nerve to come by this sunday!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast