Thread: Disney Goals?

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Disney Goals?

My disney goals include two things: Food and rides.

Food: I try to have a small popcorn, churro, and mickey waffles each time I go.

Rides: I right now have goals going for Splash Mountain- 5 times, Pirates- 9 times in honor of the 9 pieces of 8, and Indy 3-5 times. I'm not sure about Indy because my friend has never been on and I'm not sure if she will like it or not, I think she will though.

What are your goals?

• I'm not really here

Re: Disney Goals?

To follow the advice hanging over the entrance tunnels: "Here you leave today..."

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Aside from riding as many attractions as possible, finding hidden mickeys, marveling at the architecture, and looking for the infrastructure which makes the magic, I have to get at least one corn dog from the cart on Main Street-which might be the best in the world. I also get at least 1 soft pretzel.

My wife and I also always get a picture in front of one of the landmarks.

• =)

From most to least important:

1. Have a good time, no matter what!
    2. Avoid eating anything that will later make goal #1 more difficult. (My stomach is messed up.)
    3. Hit as many of my favorites (e.g. Indy, Space Mountain, HM, Pirates, BTMRR) as possible without stressing.
    4. Take lots of photos of rarely-noticed onstage areas and, when opportunities present themselves, of bits of backstage that are visible without trespassing.
    5. Be sure to at least take one or two self-portraits for posterity and, if I'm with other people, make sure to take plenty of them.
    6. Be sure to take breaks to sit down, on attractions or elsewhere, to avoid excessive foot pain at the end of the day. (Messed up feet, too.)

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by JChapinCP View Post
    Aside from riding as many attractions as possible, finding hidden mickeys, marveling at the architecture, and looking for the infrastructure which makes the magic, I have to get at least one corn dog from the cart on Main Street-which might be the best in the world. I also get at least 1 soft pretzel.

My wife and I also always get a picture in front of one of the landmarks.
    Aww..yes!!! The corndogs! You can't get a decent corn dog in northern California! So I always look forward to my corn dog! And the pickles! I have the pickles for desert.

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

My goal...actually, it's more like an assignment...is to try the corndogs at Corndog Castle. My stepmother says I have to.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    My goal...actually, it's more like an assignment...is to try the corndogs at Corndog Castle. My stepmother says I have to.
    They're good, you won't regret it! Plus they are HUGE!

• Senior Minion

To be VP of Master Planning for WDI.

But to answer your question, in park I try to do something I haven't before or in a really long time.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Keep Moving Forward

Usually I try to slow down and relax while I'm in the park, but sometimes if I'm short on time I make it a game to get in as many attractions as possible. I think my all-time best entailed entering the park at 11:30, then getting on Alice, Astro Orbitor, Buzz, and Space before closing.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Since discovering Ridemax, and therefore realizing how many rides can be conquered even on weekends, my goal has been to beat the system by hitting all the rides I want with as short a line as possible. (Note that I don't actually use Ridemax, I just played with it and realized that it is possible to ride everything good on busy days)

It works out to a somewhat-early arrival, lots of clock-watching to maximize Fastpass collection, and a sense of satisfaction in accomplishing so much (e.g., hitting all the good rides at both parks, most more than once, within 13 hours on Memorial Day weekend).

It also means I have to be in charge of the trip and constantly dictating to whoever is with me where we "need" to go next. While very successful and fun, my system requires quite a lot of structure, and going on crowded days means I miss actually seeing a lot of the parks, so I'm hoping my next trip will be on a weekday where we can just go with the flow.