Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good first ride?

Hi
    We almost leave for our trip and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good first ride in Disneyland.
    Our group ages is
    Males: 50, 28, 20, 13, 18months, 5months
    Females: 49, 27
    We want something that everyone can ride and wouldn't freak the little ones too early in the trip. The littlest kinda gets upset at really loud noises but is usually okay.
    Any suggestions would be great.
    Countdown till Jake(17months) & Eli(3months) first trip to Disney
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/payoanmd54jvvum5.png[/IMG]

Engaged Disney World Oct '02
    Honeymoon Disneyland Aug '04

Disneyland Jul '05, Jun '06, Oct '08

• Senior Minion

Re: Good first ride?

I would say either Pirates, Jungle or Peter Pan.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Pirates of the Caribbean might be a good choice. It's got a lot to look at and listen to, but it's not usually too loud, and while it has some light scares for the little ones, it probably won't overwhelm them. It has two short drops that can get the heart pounding a little, but they're nothing too intense. I've seen very young kids handle it just fine. (I used to be one of 'em! ) It's an Imagineering masterpiece and a must-ride, even if you don't decide to do it first.

For older groups, I suggest Indiana Jones or Space Mountain first, since their lines get so long later in the day.

• Like a grand & miraculous

7 turns from Disneyland!:) but about 1,150 miles on I-5. haha AKA: Puyallup, WA

I would say the parking lot tram!!! No, just kidding my pick would be The Disneyland Railroad! Because it's fun for everyone and it gives you a circle tour of the park, and there's something about the Railroad that just screams DISNEYLAND!!!!!

Okay so that goes along with what we were thinking.
    We had four we were trying to narrow down. Pirates, Mansion, railroad, or Nemo...iffy on this as I don't like being "stuck" in a small space and not sure if my sons got the chicken gene passed on. (I'm fine with all the other rides in Disney)
    Countdown till Jake(17months) & Eli(3months) first trip to Disney
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/payoanmd54jvvum5.png[/IMG]

Engaged Disney World Oct '02
    Honeymoon Disneyland Aug '04

Disneyland Jul '05, Jun '06, Oct '08

• Minion

I think the Disney Railroad. No loud noises... gives an overview of the park. It's RIGHT there when you come in...so a great start. Plus, you can take the full loop and end up right at the start of the park again. Then I would say, take one of the great Main Street Vehicles down the street to the hub and go from there. What a great range of ages you have with you. Enjoy your day!

• Senior Minion

I wouldn't do Nemo first, everyone goes there and I think little ones react a little better generally to Pirates then Mansion, but that varies of course if hills are an issue then HM might be better. The train is a good choice too, as it's pretty certain that everyone will enjoy it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Far too curious

I'd say the Disneyland Railroad. It's right there when you get in, and there's really nothing I'd think would be scary for small children.

• Oo-de-lally

Jungle Cruise would be fun as long as you get a funny skipper. Most of them are great
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Animation Domination

The first rides you should get on are the ones that don't have fastpass...like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion and Indy.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    The first rides you should get on are the ones that don't have fastpass...like Splash, Space, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion and Indy.
    Huh? Those are the rides that do have FP.
    -Walt Disney

The railroad is always a good option if you havent been to the park before as it lets you get your bearings and it'll peak your excitement for the day.

BTW you may want to look into taking advantage of the stroller pass option with those little ones of yours. The way it works is that your party or the majority of it anyways waits in line while someone waits behind with the kids. Once the original members from your party wait in line, and return the remainder can usually ride without much of a a wait-or a wait comparable to the fastpass line. Speak with the CMs at the entrance to each ride.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Exactly what I was goanna say

But Pirates is good. Everyone can fit in one boat, the small drops are fun, and I've taken my niece when she was one and half, only parts she didnt like were the dark ones. Other than that she was pointing out animals left and right, she had a blast. Oh and I've seen parents take infants on the ride with no problem so I'm sure the littlest one will be fine
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Hands down! No Questions asked - it has to be the DLRR. You get to "tour" the entire park and get a feel for Disneyland. Then back to Main Street and start your day! Enjoy your trip!
    Deedlebug

• Animation Domination

Uncle Bob Wrote:

oops...next time no multi-tasking.

I wanted to say was that you can do Splash, Space, Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion and Indy later in the day since you have fastpasses. Do rides that don't have fastpass like rides in Fantasyland or Nemo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast