Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Do you act as tour guides at the DLR resort when family come from out of town....

Not just a tour guide, but as a concierge as well! When friends/family come to DLR, I've already planned restaurant reservations and what shows/attractions they're going to watch/ride. It's makes their visit earlier especially if they're doing DL commando style. My best friend and I will sit on Main Street to wait for the Parade while they enjoy the park! On a related note, I do the same thing for family/friends visiting WDW. I arrange their travel plans, dining reservations, and make them an itinerary. And I've recently done it for DLRP as well!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• "I Break Things"

Re: Do you act as tour guides at the DLR resort when family come from out of town....

I'll second the travel agent/concierge/planner person comments. I really don't toss out a lot of facts, or specifically lead people around in a tour like fashion. I'm the one who asks what they want to do, when they are going and then I offer advice of how to get what they want done.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Cake Anyone?

My family knows I have an AP and that I spend way to much time at the park but when they come from out of town they could careless about what I know. They just like to run around like chickens with there heads cut off and by the end of the day they haven't done half of what they wanted to and they are totally frazzled.....
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• Is it summer yet???

No, but GoofyHubby used to, especially when we used to work there. We don't really have any "out of town" relatives and/or friends anymore, so it no longer applies. Plus, those that do come to visit have been to Disney World many times, so it's no big deal. I've overheard people at the park "tour guiding" and frankly, I find it annoying. Usually because they're either giving out incorrect information and/or their information spoils the awe and wonder of all that is Disney for a newbie. Plus, they just sound stupid. Unless they ask you for your input, keep quiet and just point them in the right direction and let them "discover" things on their own, please.

[rant over - jumps off soapbox]
    Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Like many of you I have much family that when they visit me from out of town the first thing they tell me let's go to disneyland........ do you act as tour guides or let them do their own thing..............
    I do not act as tour guide. I have a sibling who provides that service.

I provide snarky commentary from the back of the group, though. That's MY specialty.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• E T1CK3T

I try to be the tour guide, but they usually just want to have fun and do their own thing, so I just go with it. Actually, they usually just want to use my Special Assistance pass haha... they use me. But we still have fun.

I play tour guide whenever the need arises, and for anyone who needs help. However, I do try to be careful not to spoil the experience, and only add to it.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Yes. I do act a little like a tour guide, throwing in little bits of information I lean here on Mice Chat or that I already know.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• =)

I should probably clarify - I don't tell the group where to go and when. I just constantly splatter information all over them all day long. I certainly make my opinions known on what we should do next, but I'm pretty easygoing, as long as the group isn't making any really stupid decisions. (For instance...if it's a busy day...and we go on a minor attraction first...and we never get new FastPasses shortly after we're able to again...and the group wants to wander from Screamin' to Roger Rabbit and back again...well, I'll be compelled to speak up. )

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I do not act as tour guide. I have a sibling who provides that service.

I provide snarky commentary from the back of the group, though. That's MY specialty.
    I have to admit that sounds like an honest response.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12