Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Smile Do you act as tour guides at the DLR resort when family come from out of town.....

Like many of you I have much family that when they visit me from out of town the first thing they tell me let's go to disneyland........ do you act as tour guides or let them do their own thing..............

• The one and only

Re: Do you act as tour guides at the DLR resort when family come from out of town....

what are you talking about?

i act like a tour guide when i come around!

• Senior Minion

Re: Do you act as tour guides at the DLR resort when family come from out of town....

I totally act like a tour guide. Last year my Mom sent me an email when she got home thanking me for the wonderful day they had and how fun it was to be given a tour by such a DL expert. I also had a great time recently taking some of my sister's BF's family. The trips when I can share my love of DL with others are really my favorite.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• living to haunt

I love playing the tour guide! We enjoy giving little tidbits of info to newbies and letting them enjoy it. It has gotten so bad around here that the travel agent called us the other day because she and her grandkids were going to DL and she wanted to ask ME some questions.....She had never heard of hidden mickeys for one!!!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible, because dreams offer too little collateral."
    --- Walt Disney

Member of MiceChat Gold!

Lover of the Haunted Mansion and
    Nightmare Before Christmas

Dreaming of Pirates!

Still waiting to go to my first meet

• =)

Heck. Yes. And not just with out-of-town folks. Anyone who'll listen gets a very comprehensive combination history lesson and imaginary backstage tour as they walk through the park.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I used to do this more as a kid than I do now. Although this last March I did accompany my brother from Texas and his wife and two teenage boys on a trip to DL.

I was going to have them go by themselves but I figured that if I went with them they would be able to get a lot more done and experience more than if they went byy themselves. I said, "I hate to impose but if I can go with you I guarantee you will enjoy your day."

So off we went. Other than the fact that my sister-in-law constantly referred to DL as "Disney" (one of my biggest pet peeves) we had a great time. It was 10pm and we were waiting in line for Space and after having been there for 12 hours, she told me, "Thank you for coming. I should be tired and my nerves all frazzled, but I'm not. Your showing us around really was great." Thanks!"

• =)

my sister-in-law constantly referred to DL as "Disney" (one of my biggest pet peeves)
    I HATE that.

• Disney Gram

I act as a travel agent here...ACT...I am not one...but everyone going comes to me for what to do, how to do it, when to do it, etc., etc. I love helping them plan trips with the tidbits and extra special things that they would not have otherwise known.

When at the park, I act as tour guide, information source, etc., etc., to people in line, people standing looking at maps, people looking confused or unhappy!!!

I LOVE making someones visit just a little bit better and sharing what I have learned and experienced thru the years. And someday, just maybe, when I retire, I will get to do this there and get paid for it!! :>)
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    Like many of you I have much family that when they visit me from out of town the first thing they tell me let's go to disneyland........ do you act as tour guides or let them do their own thing..............
    I do.....but only if I am in line with someone and they are having questions.....and my wife and I have met some of the nicest people......we were in line for Splash Mtn on 7/17/05 - and we had on our Gold Ears and name tags with our names on them.....all decked out for the 50th (wifes folks were with us too). Anyway, a young couple - decked out as well - asked us if we worked there. We laughed......and said no.....but we chatted with them for the duration of the line. They were a newlywed couple from Canada and tey chose Disneyland Resort for their honeymoon......sweet couple......I always enjoy meeting new people from out of town.......

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    So off we went. Other than the fact that my sister-in-law constantly referred to DL as "Disney" (one of my biggest pet peeves) we had a great time.
    OMG! I totally know what you mean. I had a friend that used to refer to it as "Disney". He'd say "Oh, hey, let's go to Disney." I'd think to myself "Um......Disney-what?" Disney Studios? Disney Store? Disney on Ice?

• Leaping Into The Abyss

I come from out of town and act as tour guide for my sister who lives across the street from the Disneyland Hotel. She's lived there for years but never goes to the park except when I come for a visit. And get this. She has two boarders living in her house and one of them has worked at Disneyland for many years and he gets her in for free when she wants. But she never goes without me. And I never get in for free because I'd have to wait till 11am. It is the most insane thing.
    Spyed the Black Pearl from Cabrillo Beach

• Just this guy......

Yes, I do act as a tour guide not just for family but friends and friends of friends.

• We Want The Redhead

Yup, I'm that guy! Family, friends, guests at the park, all of 'em. My 7 year old does the same. Once she interrupted a tour guide mid spiel to correct them, and she was right!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• I'm not really here

Yeah, I do that... and I'm from out of town as well. Though more often than not I'm the mobile information kiosk rather than tour guide.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    I do.....but only if I am in line with someone and they are having questions.....
    This is how I am. When my friend had friends from Utah come down a couple weeks ago, they were curious about a lot of rides, secrets, shows, etc. It was nice telling them some interesting facts (such as the goat trick!) and seeing her and her daughter's reaction at that turn. I'm the type of person who will only give facts and info when asked, and it doesn't bother me a bit .

• Circle of Ancients

I really try NOT to, sometimes it's hard though. I try to realize that when we have guests from out of town, their priorities are going to be different than ours. I let them try and dictate what they want to do, etc. We do try and find out if they want to have a sit-down meal, etc before going to the park so we can make reservations somewhere (usually Cafe' Orleans) but that's not always the case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast