Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Queues and my Disney Schedule

On my disneyland honeymoon July next year I have a nice plan to ride as many rides as I can. Get there at rope drop and fastpass it up as best I can.
    I have however seen the video for the Indy Queue and have read great reviews about the Indy Queue. Is the thematic element of the queue worth waiting in line for? Or is the fastpass for Indy a good idea.
    Also, are there any other rides that you insist we wait in the normal queue line for instead of fastpass?
    Finally, do you think my plan below is doable? What would you do to maximize time / modify it.

(Note I've already changed it do to revisions suggested by people below)

Disneyland park
    1 - space mountain (Get Fast Pass)
    2 - Peter Pan's Flight
    3 - matterhorn bobsleds or get indiana jones fastpass if time is up on space
    4 - indiana jones adventure (Get Fast Pass if time is up on space)
    Otherwise Alice in Wonderland ride.
    5 - Space mountain using fastpass
    6 - Matterhorn if not ridden already, otherwise Alice in Wonderland.
    (Regardless ride Alice in Wonderland if not ridden yet by this point)
    7 - Get Fast Pass Splash Mountain (if time is up for Indy), otherwise ride POTC. Then get fastpass Splash mountain.
    8 - Ride Indiana Jones using fastpass
    Go to DCA
    9 - Get Fastpass Soarin over California
    10 - Wait in line for California Screaming
    11 - If Soarin fast pass time is up, then get Mulholamad Madness Fastpass,
    and proceed to Soarh. Else ride Toy Story Mania
    12 - Ride Soarin Over California using fastpass
    13 - ToT Fastpass if Mul Madness time is up. Otherwise
    head to queue for Toy Story Mania. Ride Toy Story Mania
    14 - Ride Mul. Madness
    15 - If time ride, ToT with or without fastpass

Back to Disneyland
    16 - Thunder Mountain (Get Fast Pass)
    17 - Ride Splash Mountain Using Fast Pass (Hopefully by now)
    18 - Thunder Mountain or Pirates of Carribean
    19 - Thunder Mountain or Pirates of Carribean
    20 - Blue Bayou dinner
    21 - Fireworks
    22 - Star Tours if time + any other rides
    Last edited by Yackerz; 10-15-2008 at 07:11 PM.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Queues and my Disney Schedule

TOT and Thunder rarely have a long wait. It all depends on the day you go. If it's a weekday, go right to Peter Pan, you won't need fastpasses right away. If the fireworks are going you'll have plenty of time to do Star tours and numerous other rides unless you want to leave. Toy Story Mania doesn't have a fast pass, so your biggest waits will be Peter Pan & TSMM.

Have fun!

• =)

As far as Indy goes...it's fine to do FastPass. In fact, I recommend it, unless you're riding it first thing in the morning or on a day when the park is relatively empty. FastPass is set up kinda weirdly for Indy. You end up bypassing the outdoor queue and going straight to the indoors, where all the wonderful theming is. That's nice, certainly, but that means that a lot of non-FastPass-users are waiting around outside, where the theming is nice but not totally amazing, while the indoor queue moves quickly until later on, usually.

Bottom line...do FastPass for it, but once you're inside, don't hesitate to slow down. Let people pass you. Enjoy the amazing level of detail and immersion. Pretend you truly are wandering into the depths of an ancient Indiana temple. The illusion is pretty convincing. You'll still get there sooner than you would without FastPass, but you get to experience everything at your own pace instead of rushing.

• I'm not really here

Indy's FastPass queue goes through pretty much the entire same line as the standby queue. Skips the outside stuff so you don't miss a whole lot.

Aashee covered the rest pretty well.
    Take your meals a little off from the normal times. While others are busy eating, you can be on rides. And then when they are on rides you will have shorter lines to wait in for food.
    Be willing to change you plans slightly if you pass a ride with a 5-10 minute wait time.
    FastPasses for Splash and Space can disappear quickly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

In the back of the Unofficial Guide book, there is a fairly decent schedule. My hubbie and I use it when we go and hit everything we want by mid-morning. Now, TSMM opened after the most recent publication, so that might muck up touring in DCA.

But for D-Land park, it is well worth it. Like I said, we use it everytime and it works great.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Thank you, that is all.

Dropping the rope and doing a fast-pass on your Honeymoon just doesn't seem fair on your new wife!

• Disney aficionado

hehe .. waiting in an hour line for space mountain dont sound fair either.

Thanks for the suggestions all thus far.

Ya If I can't get a fastpass for splash o well... I'll just normally queue ride it later in the day.

• Disney aficionado

I didn't know TSMM didn't have fastpass. In a weekday summer day what time do fastpasses for Splash mountain usually disappear by?

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    hehe .. waiting in an hour line for space mountain dont sound fair either.

Thanks for the suggestions all thus far.

Ya If I can't get a fastpass for splash o well... I'll just normally queue ride it later in the day.
    Heck, if you don't mind riding it later at night there won't be a wait at all.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    I didn't know TSMM didn't have fastpass. In a weekday summer day what time do fastpasses for Splash mountain usually disappear by?
    They'll be available until late afternoon. Again try riding it at night, great experience.

• Disney aficionado

haha i dont mind riding it at night.. i dono about my future wife .. hehe.. as long as its not chilly, I think it will be fine. I don't know what the weather is like in July in Calif.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I have had a lot of success using FPs on busy days, and I don't think you'll have any problem going on all the rides you want, even on a summer day. The main thing to remember is to watch the clock so you get a new Fastpass as soon as you hit the eligible time on your previous Fastpass. Early in the day you'll have to wait only about an hour between FPs. (Also, never go on an FP ride without an FP! If the line is short at Space, you can bet it's short on something else, too. Grab your FP and head to Matterhorn or Fantasyland instead. Matterhorn's line gets short during the parade, too.)

My preferred route, especially since it will be hot, is to get a Fastpass for Splash first thing (check at the hub to make sure it's running before you walk all the way there!). The return times for Splash FPs get late much quicker than they do for Space.

After that you can hit two of these three popular, non-FP rides: Pirates, HM, Jungle Cruise, and then it be able to grab a FP to Indy. You'll have knocked off 3 great rides and have 2 FPs within an hour or so of the rope drop. (Your desire to hit Fantasyland rides is beyond my expertise...)

At DCA, make your first stop the info booth and ask if they can tell you how long the waits are for the different rides. They will show you their clipboard so you can see the current waits, but more importantly they just might offer you a Fastpass to your choice of rides! From there you can immediately grab another FP and then wait for Midway Mania.

Don't go on ToT during the Pixar Parade - even the FP line can be over an hour while everyone gets trapped in the Hollywood Backlot.

Time your return to DL carefully - you don't want to come back during or right after the parade.

It all sounds a little stressful, but it's easy as pie. You might want to invest $15 in Ridemax to help your planning. I've never used one of their plans, but just working with the software helped me understand the patterns of what rides are busy when.

• Disney aficionado

I like your points there bee.. However, if i save splash for later in the night.. i.e.after a 7:30 dinner I won't even need a fastpass for it from the way it sounds.

Also my thinking was if i grab a fastpass for splash before heading to DCA the return time doesn't matter so much because I'll be spending 3 hours or so in DCA.

I'll probably break down and buy ride max.. haha

What time are the parades (Pixar in DCA and in Disneyland)

Fantasyland rides.. are just signature disney attractions. It's the theme that reminds you that this is disney and that is why I chose 2 of the better ones peter and alice. I think out of my list those are the rides I distinctively chose for thrill + theme combo pack haha.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 10-15-2008 at 06:55 PM.

• Keepin' it calsteady

You'll have to check the schedules closer to when you're going. The calendar on Disneyland.com has all the details. Assuming it's the same 8a - 12a schedule as this weekend, the parades at DL will be at 3:30 and 6:30, and DCA will be 5:15.

Note on Ridemax - the $15 deal if valid for 90 days, and it gets more accurate the closer you get to the day of your trip. I'd try running it in June, before you get crazy with wedding preparations, but so long as you remember to get a new Fastpass as soon as possible throughout the day, you don't really need it.

What I learned from Ridemax was that on a busy day I could ride and/or collect a Fastpass to every major ride in DL between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. (plus have lunch), then go to DCA for 4-5 hours and return to DL with Fastpasses for Indy, Space, Buzz and Big Thunder. Throw in a Matterhorn ride during the parade and Pirates during Fantasmic and it's possible to go on six great rides with a longest wait of maybe 15 minutes inside Indy. (Your mileage may vary! I've never gone smack dab in the middle of summer.)

The only issues with that schedule: We're all over the park collecting Fastpasses in the morning, which is tiring, and we always seem headed to DL during the parade traffic!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding & honeymoon!! My hubby and I are currently at Disneyland for our own honeymoon.

If you want to let everyone know it's your honeymoon, be sure to stop by City Hall and tell them. They'll give you free buttons (great souvenirs!).

If you're going for enough days (I believe it's 3-day passes and up), you should get at least one Magic Morning entry, one hour earlier than most guests. Use that day to visit the Fantasyland dark rides and the Finding Nemo subs if you want. And before the hour is up, get yourself in position to go to the next area you want and you'll be ahead of the rush big time.

I have to say - Ridemax has been an awesome little program for us! We used it last time we were here (2006) and again this time. Once you use it a few times you get used to what the logic is, but I find it invaluable to use as an aid to planning your riding schedule. Yes, you could probably make your own easy enough, but this thing takes the guess-work out of it because it knows what it's going to be like on whatever day you're visiting (so long as you are making your plans close to the days you're going). It also usually gives room for flexibility and adjustment as you go, so it's not like you're tied too tightly to a schedule (unless you choose to be).

Other than that, everyone's advice on the Fastpasses and such are bang on. Keep those Fastpasses coming, and don't be tempted by short lines when there's a FP to be had. Not to mention how fun it is to walk almost straight onto a ride when it's busy!

Oh, and even walking quickly with a Fastpass, you still get to enjoy the Indiana Jones queue and all it's great decor, so don't worry about missing that. It's worth seeing, but not worth standing in for 30 minutes if you don't have to!
    1st trip to Disneyland: Spring 1990
    2nd trip: Summer 2006
    3rd trip: Fall 2008!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast