Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• Goofy

Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

everything looks great.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Couple of questions - on the overall proposed map -

What’s with Sorcerer Mickey near the hub? Does that suggest a Mickey attraction, like Ariel and Goofy do over in Paradise Pier?

Any info on which new Walt/Mickey Statue that they have choosen?

Over by the old Hollywood and Dine, WHAT is that green character? What kind of a vehicle is it in? Is that suppose to represent a new attraction of some sort?

What’s the deal with leaving all those itty bitty rides (Jellies and Zephyr) right in the way of viewing for the water show? I thought they were going to clear up this area to make a much larger viewing area comparred to what they had for Luminaria. Doesn't look like there will really be much more viewing space.

What’s the reason for adding ROCKS next to the long take off stretch? Not sure that enhances anything. Are they going to get the wave machine working again and try to create a bigger splash - really, it doesn't look like it adds anything aesthetically pleasing to the pier. Looks like a waste of money, that should be used to make the queue look more old fashioned.

UGGGH! the pier makeover is just a mess! I still HATE it, the coaster is still a coaster, the ferris wheel is still a ferris wheel, still have the lame Jumpin Jellies, and they aren't being moved closer to the Little Mermaid area. Why don't they Move King Triton's Carousel to the Little Mermaid area, also???

Just adding "Mickey's Fun" Wheel, to the name of the ferris wheel doens't make it acceptable. And Changing the Orange Stinger to Mickey's Twister doesn't make it right either. Why can’t that Tornado wind its way up and down the pier, so they can Get Rid of that Eisner/Pressler mistake! Obviously the bulldozer isn't being used to it's full and needed capacity. Will it take an act of god to remove the piss poor pier theme?

One other comment on the buildings in the entry area - in the conceptual drawings, they look more like southwest stucco style? Is that right???????? OR Do we get to see more Hollywood buildings in this area - I’m really hoping for the Hollywood art decco buildings - as those are much more fascinating. Ugggh, they will have plenty of SW style in Carsland! I see plenty of stucco here in Phoenix, it sure isn't near as special as Hollywood. Make the entry Hollywood! Not some generic building that could be found in nm or az.

I'm dreading that this billion dollars just ain't gonna dress up DCA to any level near what Disneyland has.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-15-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    What’s with Sorcerer Mickey near the hub? Does that suggest a Mickey attraction, like Ariel and Goofy do over in Paradise Pier?
    That's the Preview Center.

Over by the old Hollywood and Dine, WHAT is that green character? What kind of a vehicle is it in? Is that suppose to represent a new attraction of some sort?
    That's Monsters, Inc.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

yes...a coaster, swings, and ferris wheel are such thematically terrible rides on a beachside boardwalk...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• It's all about Theme!

I'm nervous. I love things like the Sun Wheel so much because they hold so many memories. I don't want to lose those feelings for the park with all these changes. I mean, fine add victorian architecture but I love the idea of having the sun stand for the park. Maybe the Hubcap fountain can go but keep the sun style there.

I love Sunshine and Paradise so much. =(
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Iron-Clad Allie

Interestingly enough, I noticed that tha Monorail will pass thru the revamped park rather than siimply traveling parallel with the front of it, on the outside. The California Zepher has two levels in the sketch, as opposed to it's current single level.

Something else that came as a surprise to me is that the Cars Race Rally track mainly takes place on the ground. I figured that it would be elevated as with it's predecessor, Test Track. It will be a heady rush racing though an elaborate scenic desert, devil-make-care. Not a cop in site either. LOLOL!

One more thing - I doubt that the park's name will remain lame as California Adventure. They only showed the name on the new entry gate because Disney doesn't want to reveal the new moniker yet. I'll bet Ed knows. Anyone want to try to drag it out of him?
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• It's all about Theme!

Couple of questions - on the overall proposed map -

Any info on which new Walt/Mickey Statue that they have choosen?

What’s the deal with leaving all those itty bitty rides (Jellies and Zephyr) right in the way of viewing for the water show? I thought they were going to clear up this area to make a much larger viewing area comparred to what they had for Luminaria. Doesn't look like there will really be much more viewing space.

What’s the reason for adding ROCKS next to the long take off stretch? Not sure that enhances anything. Are they going to get the wave machine working again and try to create a bigger splash - really, it doesn't look like it adds anything aesthetically pleasing to the pier. Looks like a waste of money, that should be used to make the queue look more old fashioned.

UGGGH! the pier makeover is just a mess! I still HATE it, the coaster is still a coaster, the ferris wheel is still a ferris wheel, still have the lame Jumpin Jellies, and they aren't being moved closer to the Little Mermaid area. Why don't they Move King Triton's Carousel to the Little Mermaid area, also???

Just adding "Mickey's Fun" Wheel, to the name of the ferris wheel doens't make it acceptable. And Changing the Orange Stinger to Mickey's Twister doesn't make it right either. Why can’t that Tornado wind its way up and down the pier, so they can Get Rid of that Eisner/Pressler mistake! Obviously the bulldozer isn't being used to it's full and needed capacity. Will it take an act of god to remove the piss poor pier theme?

One other comment on the buildings in the entry area - in the conceptual drawings, they look more like southwest stucco style? Is that right???????? OR Do we get to see more Hollywood buildings in this area - I’m really hoping for the Hollywood art decco buildings - as those are much more fascinating. Ugggh, they will have plenty of SW style in Carsland! I see plenty of stucco here in Phoenix, it sure isn't near as special as Hollywood. Make the entry Hollywood! Not some generic building that could be found in nm or az.

I'm dreading that this billion dollars just ain't gonna dress up DCA to any level near what Disneyland has.
    Wow. A. The Pier is beautiful, if they could only keep the sun.

B. The rocks add so much more. I think the concept is like the trains go into a dark cave and come out on the other side like the edge of a seashore. Sort of like how the Giant Dipper in Santa Cruz goes, the dark tunnel part of course.

C. If you look, Hyperion is fully enclosed, and I believe the rest of hollywood will be as well.

D. The green figure I believe is kermit the frog representing Muppet Vision 3D.

----My Takes------

Please leave the Paradise Pier Loop In Place! Cannot make it clear enough how sad I will be if it is removed.

Other Music Loops that should stay- The Bay Area Loop/Please find somewhere like Carsland where you can move the Sunshine Loop.

Secondly, Please put something in the place of Redwood Creek. CBJ or something! Please!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Oh, yeah the bldg next to mickey looks a little like the cellar.

Monsters Inc. Really? That would be the red roof building. Looks like an alligator with a net, to me.

Really, not an easy map of DCA to read.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Goofy's Sky School is actually more disappointing to me out of everything! That's just odd to me how they still left it alone as the same old ride but with prettier facades in front.
    This is because Goofy's Sky School will not be long for this world. Disney has bigger plans for that side of Paradise Pier - namely a highly themed log ride. Concerning the concept art, the company only revealed what they wanted us to see for now.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 10-15-2008 at 09:51 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This is because Goofy's Sky School will not be long for this world. Disney has bigger plans for that side of Paradise Pier - namely a highly themed log ride. Concerning the concept art, the company only revealed what they wanted us to see for now

Another Log Ride?

Wait wait wait... lemme guess... this one's based on So Dear To My Heart! Am I right? Tell me I'm a winner! Please?

Okay seriously though.... a log ride? Really? That's what has been leaked?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    More then anything I have one major complaint. Where are the bumper cars? Once again we are left without actual seaside bumper cars. We have one in the gift shop, but the closest we can come to riding them is a kiddie bug version. With all the removal, expansion, and renovation you would think someone would pop that question.
    That just made me think of the beginning of the movie The Notebook where its the 40's and they are at the carnival on the bumper cars. Too bad they already have bumper cars in Bugs Land or I agree it would have been perfect for the Pier.

I'm pretty jilted about the re-theme, mainly because I am not comfortable with change. I'm looking forward to many parts of these changes but I'm less than thrilled about the entrance gates and plaza the most. Why do they have to copy DHS?? Can't any part of this park be original in the least bit?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oh, yeah the bldg next to mickey looks a little like the cellar.

Monsters Inc. Really? That would be the red roof building. Looks like an alligator with a net, to me.

Really, not an easy map of DCA to read.

One element that's perfectly clear is the fact that the Monorail will travel directly thru the park - including moving over the red trollies. The motion added will be quite stunning.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I'm pretty bummed that the Golden Gate Bridge will be no more.

Facebook me!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    I'm pretty bummed that the Golden Gate Bridge will be no more.
    Hee hee.. I'm kinda stoked about it!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Hee hee.. I'm kinda stoked about it!
    Haha you WOULD be.

Facebook me!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast