Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 191
  1. #46

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    If Pressler and Harris were still around, I'd have the same concerns.
    Believe me, I like being optimistic. But I haven't seen any strong evidence that things have made a complete reversal just yet. Obviously, Disney is no longer in the dark ages. But the stuff they've been doing...there's always something about it that's just not quite right. So far, that is. If it's amazingly high-quality, expensive, beautiful attraction, it doesn't fit thematically. If it has an imaginative backstory and interesting ride system, it uses unnecessary character tie-ins. Stuff like that. I can almost root for Disney again...but then they screw up.

    Disney's never been perfect, but when I consider that Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain all opened within just over a decade...well, those are big footsteps to follow. And Disney doesn't seem to be quite done playing the rebellious adolescent, though very significant improvement has been made.


  2. #47

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,577

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Believe me, I like being optimistic. But I haven't seen any strong evidence that things have made a complete reversal just yet. Obviously, Disney is no longer in the dark ages. But the stuff they've been doing...there's always something about it that's just not quite right. So far, that is. If it's amazingly high-quality, expensive, beautiful attraction, it doesn't fit thematically. If it has an imaginative backstory and interesting ride system, it uses unnecessary character tie-ins. Stuff like that. I can almost root for Disney again...but then they screw up.

    Disney's never been perfect, but when I consider that Pirates, the Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain all opened within just over a decade...well, those are big footsteps to follow. And Disney doesn't seem to be quite done playing the rebellious adolescent, though very significant improvement has been made.
    Datameister. Your dedication to quality remaining synonymous with the Disney brand is understandable - and admirable.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  3. #48

    • Koubu Pilot
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Az
    Posts
    1,498

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    Please leave the Paradise Pier Loop In Place! Cannot make it clear enough how sad I will be if it is removed.

    Other Music Loops that should stay- The Bay Area Loop/Please find somewhere like Carsland where you can move the Sunshine Loop.
    You'd be surprised how Disney reuses music. If you're ever in Critter Country toward the Splash Mountain exit or Pooh Corner, you usually hear the old music loop from the Indian Village. If it weren't for the stupid Chevron cars, you'd get to hear uninterrupted PeopleMover music. Even the Space Mountain concourse will play more obscure tunes like Magic Journeys. If it doesn't get reused exactly, it could get some sort of update. Critter Country and Tomorrowland are evidence of that.

  4. #49

    • Fleeting Inspiration
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Kissimmee, FL
    Posts
    223

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Now about a log ride, don't we have one of those over in Disneyland? And don't we have a water/river ride called Grizzly River Run right there in DCA? I'm sure it fits into the pier theme, but how many log/innertube rides do we need?
    This is just speculation, but what if Disney used the water coaster ride system that Journey to Atlantis at See World Orland uses? Only they use it to its full potential in an immersive ride that could give Splash a run for its money. I think that's a ride that would be perfect for the Pier.

    Just as a note though Ride Warrior, all the rumors I've heard put the Shoot-the-Chutes type flume attraction in the former Maliboomer space. I don't know what it means that the Parachute ride popped up again in the model, but Al said nearly a year ago that that idea was pretty much dead. Nothing like it has been hinted at since.

  5. #50

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Datameister. Your dedication to quality remaining synonymous with the Disney brand is understandable - and admirable.
    Aww, thank you!


  6. #51

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    4,109

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Cool -- but I still think they need an attraction in the Carthay Circle Theatre when it opens -- like Mickey's PhilharMagic -- or this Phase One rollout will feel incomplete.

    ...And a return of the Country Bears in some fashion for the grizzly area - for a dash of whimsy and nostalgia.

  7. #52

    • Planning my next trip
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    124

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    One element that's perfectly clear is the fact that the Monorail will travel directly thru the park - including moving over the red trollies. The motion added will be quite stunning.
    The motion will definitely liven it up.

    Moving the entrance gates further away and adding new buildings to lengthen the street sure changes the feel of where the Monorail track runs.

  8. #53

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,969

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Cool -- but I still think they need an attraction in the Carthay Circle Theatre when it opens -- like Mickey's PhilharMagic -- or this Phase One rollout will feel incomplete.

    ...And a return of the Country Bears in some fashion for the grizzly area - for a dash of whimsy and nostalgia.
    Other more imaginative people have probably already proposed this, but how about putting Country Bear Jamboree in place of Redwood Creek Challenge? The theater would fit in there perfectly with room to spare for the queue and some theming.

  9. #54

    • Cranky Dragon is Cranky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    826

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Am I the only one who thinks that entryway looks strange with all the mission style buildings on the street?
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

    Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

  10. #55

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that entryway looks strange with all the mission style buildings on the street?
    Yep, you are.


  11. #56

    • Buena Vista St. & Red Car
    • Online

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lancaster, CA
    Posts
    2,731

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    ^I agree. All these beautiful mission buildings on this new buena vista street but yeah it starts out weird i think with the aqua art deco style ticket booths. its odd to me too

  12. #57

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinNRollin View Post
    ^I agree. All these beautiful mission buildings on this new buena vista street but yeah it starts out weird i think with the aqua art deco style ticket booths. its odd to me too
    Oh, wait...EmeralineDragon, are you saying the mission style looks weird in conjunction with the turnstyles? If so, I definitely agree, as I posted earlier, though the look of the turnstyles is apparently more period-appropriate than I thought. Still...it's quite a juxtaposition.


  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,634

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    If Pressler and Harris were still around, I'd have the same concerns.
    Rasolu aint much better

  14. #59

    • Cranky Dragon is Cranky
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    826

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oh, wait...EmeralineDragon, are you saying the mission style looks weird in conjunction with the turnstyles? If so, I definitely agree, as I posted earlier, though the look of the turnstyles is apparently more period-appropriate than I thought. Still...it's quite a juxtaposition.
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. Even the colors jar; from that bright turquoise to what looks like a predominantly earth-tone color scheme. I'd much rather see the turnstyles blend more naturally into the rest of the architecture.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

    Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

  15. #60

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

    Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Yes, that's what I'm saying. Even the colors jar; from that bright turquoise to what looks like a predominantly earth-tone color scheme. I'd much rather see the turnstyles blend more naturally into the rest of the architecture.
    Ah, okay. In that case, I agree. Neither is bad in and of itself, but they're a bit jarring in contrast. I'd much rather see that mission motif extend through the turnstyles.


Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] DisneyParks releases Blue Sky Cellar 1.0 video
    By ryanvalle in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM
  2. [Question] Blue Sky Cellar New Exhibit
    By hawk671 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:11 AM
  3. [Question] Blue Sky Cellar open/closed?
    By SpaceDad in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2009, 04:03 PM
  4. [Question] blue sky cellar questions.
    By j.goodger in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 06:23 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 06:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •