Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Rest In Peace, Old Friend

Blog Entries

Re: First Look At the Blue Sky Cellar at California Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Goofy's Sky School is actually more disappointing to me out of everything! That's just odd to me how they still left it alone as the same old ride but with prettier facades in front.
    I thought this concept drawing was misleading. Don't forget there will be DVC units just behind this attraction blocking that beautiful blue sky look.
    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Veteran

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    Cool -- but I still think they need an attraction in the Carthay Circle Theatre when it opens -- like Mickey's PhilharMagic -- or this Phase One rollout will feel incomplete.

...And a return of the Country Bears in some fashion for the grizzly area - for a dash of whimsy and nostalgia.

And don't forget, they need to REMOVE Beer Pong with Bob and Doug McKenzie in the Redwood Creek area.

I am so excited to see all of the changes and attractions! It looks to me as if the park will have a better flow between lands. Not as good as DL but better than it is now.
    I am going to miss the Golden Gate Bridge but the new entrance looks interesting. Are they doing away with the CALIFORNIA letters in front?
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    Are they doing away with the CALIFORNIA letters in front?
    Yep. In fact, the whole entrance will be moved out to about where they are.

• Hall Of Promise

Quote Originally Posted by glendalais89 View Post
    Sorry, I was going to put that in my first post, but forgot to. My fault.

I think it is appropriate to the period. It's done in the Art Deco style, which peaked in popularity during the late 20s and early 30s. It's not really distinctly Californian, but it does fit the Time Frame of Buena Vista Street.
    It is very Californian. The style of the entrance will mirror the Pan Pacific Auditorium which was located in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. It is an old California landmark and part of the state's history.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    It is very Californian. The style of the entrance will mirror the Pan Pacific Auditorium which was located in the Fairfax District of Los Angeles. It is an old California landmark and part of the state's history.
    True dat.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    Ah, yes. I looked it up, and it's definitely a very strong resemblance. No way we can argue that it's un-Californiaish, or inappropriate to the period or anything. My only concern is the visual styles themselves...they don't appear to mesh well in the concept art. Disneyland uses the exact same style for the entrance turnstyles as it does for the first land you enter, and I wonder why DCA - or whatever it's gonna be - couldn't receive the same consistent sort of treatment.

• I'm not really here

Yeah... gotta throw my lot in with EmeralineDragon and Datameister. I've thought that every time I see that rendering... the two styles are great, but put together like that, even if they are both period appropriate... it just is... jarring to use Data's word.

I wonder if part of the decision for this was to more closely match the green gates and structures of Disneyland's turnstyles across the Esplanade.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Also featured in the CLASSIC film, "Xanadu":

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I wonder if part of the decision for this was to more closely match the green gates and structures of Disneyland's turnstyles across the Esplanade.
    I would hope not...IMO, while there's certainly a huge difference, the mission style is more visually similar to the architecture of DL's entrance than the art deco look would be. Art deco feels a lot more modern.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Monsters Inc. Really? That would be the red roof building. Looks like an alligator with a net, to me.

Not quite...the red roof building is where Millionaire was. The purple building is Monsters.

Interestingly enough they've completely eliminated the Hollywood & Dine/Coke facade from the map. Hollywood & Dine makes sense, its behind a wall now. But it makes me wonder if the Coke facade will be removed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Really, the map has a lot of errors on spacing, the building isn't that big, because their is a sizable outdoor queue area for Monsters, also.

But i still wonder why an alligator with a net?

• I'm not really here

Something funny going on here... in one of the photos of the map at the link on page 1, the monster is purple (randal), a few photos later and the monster is green suddenly.

Are there two versions of this map? Or did someone edit the thing and change the color in post?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    But i still wonder why an alligator with a net?
    I believe that is Randall holding Boo holding a net.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Banned User

I honestly think it's an off color Sulley. He doesn't look too lizard-like to me.
    Last edited by stitchon; 10-16-2008 at 02:41 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast