Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Smile Pros and Cons on the new of DCA Preview.....

.............. First of all let me start by sayin that DCA will be an amazing park in 4 years as we saw in the preview pictures but what are your likes and dislikes on there new preview center.............. are they giving us enough......do you like the new attractions.......etc...etc....etc.......

• =)

Re: Pros and Cons on the new of DCA Preview.....

Already got a thread. Besides...you gotta find some other stuff to do besides start MiceChat threads, man! You've averaged one new thread every two days for the last two months!

Are you talking about the preview center or the new attractions? Pick one!

• Banned User

Absolutely no cons whatsoever!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Absolutely no cons whatsoever!
    Yeah...I mean, the whole "California" thing was never meant to be taken literally...

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Yeah...I mean, the whole "California" thing was never meant to be taken literally...
    Awesome!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disney Geek

Already got a thread. Besides...you gotta find some other stuff to do besides start MiceChat threads, man! You've averaged one new thread every two days for the last two months!

• Oo-de-lally

I can not wait to see the preview center.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• potterday.org

I've just returned from viewing the Blue Sky Cellar, and I have to say...

I'm not yet convinced that Paradise Pier isn't going to be, for the most part, an eyesore. I mean, they're retaining so many of the cheap carnival rides, simply re-theming them with Disney layovers instead of the county fair aesthetic of the Pressler era... In the end it's still a bunch of carnival rides, which is what Disneyland was meant to be an alternative to in the first place.

Yes, Midway Mania has a beautiful exterior. But they're still going to have giant swing rides. To me, it's just plain subconsciously depressing to see rides that could easily be at Knotts have a place in the Resort.

Time will tell, I suppose.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

• Senior Minion

Pros and Cons of the DCA Preview?

This quote from the October 16 Los Angeles Times article, "Disney Unveils a 1920s Theme for California Adventure"...
    "That emotional connection that we have to Disneyland," Grier said. "That's what we want to bring across to Disney's California Adventure."
    ...sounds like a total con to me.

New definition of oxymoron: Ed Grier talking about having an emotional connection to Disneyland.

=P
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-17-2008 at 07:19 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Necrosis View Post
    I've just returned from viewing the Blue Sky Cellar, and I have to say...

I'm not yet convinced that Paradise Pier isn't going to be, for the most part, an eyesore. I mean, they're retaining so many of the cheap carnival rides, simply re-theming them with Disney layovers instead of the county fair aesthetic of the Pressler era... In the end it's still a bunch of carnival rides, which is what Disneyland was meant to be an alternative to in the first place.

Yes, Midway Mania has a beautiful exterior. But they're still going to have giant swing rides. To me, it's just plain subconsciously depressing to see rides that could easily be at Knotts have a place in the Resort.

Time will tell, I suppose.
    i agree, I really am very disappointed that the new powers didn't scrap the pier theme. With the basic same look for Screamin, and ferris wheel still basically the same, it's still going to connect WAY too much with Knotts and Magic Mt. The pier theme does NOT distinguish DCA from other theme parks. And they don't do anything to try and move related attractions next to each other (King Triton/Ariel/Jumpin Jellies) Then have Toy Story mixed in with Mickey in a couple areas, Goofy carney game, and Goofy Madness next to ariel, and a beer garden between Mickey's Twister and Goofy Madness - it a thematic disorganized MESS!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    i agree, I really am very disappointed that the new powers didn't scrap the pier theme. With the basic same look for Screamin, and ferris wheel still basically the same, it's still going to connect WAY too much with Knotts and Magic Mt. The pier theme does NOT distinguish DCA from other theme parks. And they don't do anything to try and move related attractions next to each other (King Triton/Ariel/Jumpin Jellies) Then have Toy Story mixed in with Mickey in a couple areas, Goofy carney game, and Goofy Madness next to ariel, and a beer garden between Mickey's Twister and Goofy Madness - it a thematic disorganized MESS!
    I'm glad they kept it, but I wish they would have done so much more. Some time ago I posted about Boardwalks, various rides, games, buildings, etc. I never knew the Pike in it's prime. When Walt visited it had already gone though the Depression, prior to that it was the West Coast Coney Island... DCA could have taken that and ran with it. Bumper Cars, Swinging Ship, Hot Air Balloons (instead of the parachute drop), a coaster that at least resembles a woody, a dance hall for great swing music, a HUGE slide wrapped around a lighthouse (see Bamboo Slide) there are a TON of things they could have done. The Sun Wheel is great, the swings will be fun, but there is so much more they could have done.

The fact that Disney is dusting off some classic shorts for the games made me at least smile. But overall it is more eye candy and less actual things to do. That actually sums up DCA... lots to see not a whole lot to actually do!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• 1375 miles away

Come on now, Mr. Data, give a guy a break. I guess with 7000+ posts you have forgotten some of the enthusiasm of being new to the board. Heck, DCAfanatic is going to have to step it up from every other day to catch you anytime soon!

Anyway, IMHO, the preview center does showcase some pretty neat stuff. However, being able to only get to the park once a year, I doubt very seriously that I will make it a top priority to take the time to visit it out of my day when I could be doing something else. I imagine I will just wait and be surprised to see what new new stuff Disney comes up with up on my future visits or come get a preview here on Micechat.
    Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
    Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
    http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
    November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by mariezp View Post
    Come on now, Mr. Data, give a guy a break. I guess with 7000+ posts you have forgotten some of the enthusiasm of being new to the board. Heck, DCAfanatic is going to have to step it up from every other day to catch you anytime soon!
    Haha, no, I was friendly about it. Just pointing it out. And I haven't forgotten! Actually, I think I'm more excited about (addicted to?) MiceChat now than I was when I first joined. I've learned so much...it's just kinda exponential.

Anyway, I apologize if I seemed unappreciative of your posts, DCAfanatic. Just realize that a balance between providing input and asking for others' is always nice.

• "I Break Things"

I hope to visit the center today. For me it is mixed feelings. I love that it is a general overview that will be rotated out as plans progress. I WISH they would focus on specific attractions, giving detailed concept models and drawings of that attraction. But at the same time... too much information would spoil the surprise of seeing what Disney does. Some feel the preview center is too general, others feel it is too specific. As I said I haven't been in there yet so I will draw my own conclusions when I visit.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast