Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: LA Times: Scene-by-scene tour of Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty castle walk-throug

maleficent's shadow = sleeping beauty 2 on disney dvd and blu-ray...yay!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Re: LA Times: Scene-by-scene tour of Disneyland’s Sleeping Beauty castle walk-throug

Oh please no. Don't give them any ideas.

• Walt Disney Fan

Can't wait for it!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    maleficent's shadow = sleeping beauty 2 on disney dvd and blu-ray...yay!
    How does that = Sleeping Beauty 2?

I'm really looking forward to the re-opening of the castle. I can remember going through it when I was little.

• Minion

I can't wait for it to open. I loved that original Earle diorama and I'm thrilled it will be restored.

The video recreation is incredible.

And I'm SO glad they are adding the Dragon! You guys are my heroes.

(..and if this is as successful as I suspect, I still imagine a revived Pirate Ship/Skull Rock, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tahitian Terrace, Skyway, Rocket Jets, PeopleMover - - and maybe a Nautilus! Oh, well I can dream can't I?)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

I'm very excited about the Walk-Through re-opening. However, I have absolutely no memory about ever going through it when I was younger. So, it will ALL be new to me. Can't wait!

• Closed Account

I am so glad to hear that this was not 'cuted' up and that we are getting essentially getting the original '57-'77 walkthorough as we saw on the DVD! W/ This, Snow White, Pinoc, Alice and Toad, DL will have the darkest and most subversive Fantasyland out of all the MKs!! Thank you Tony and Chris.

• Minion

>>W/ This, Snow White, Pinoc, Alice and Toad, DL will have the darkest and most subversive Fantasyland out of all the MKs!!<<

Interesting comment. But since those more closely reflect Walt Disney's original vision, aren't the later inoffensive consumerist franchise versions of Fantasyland (and Disney) the actual "subversive" ones?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

dustin and i sat the next table over from Tony Baxter at the pre-scare buffet at Haunt last Friday and i sooooo wanted to thank him so much for bringing this attraction back, but i was too chicken
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    How does that = Sleeping Beauty 2?
    Maleficent returns from the dead and turns back time to put Princess Aurora back to sleep but accidentally destroy's the space time contnuim and the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I remember the walk thru fondly. I mean... when you're a kid, every attraction was something you wanted to "check off the list"
    That's especially true if you had those little booklets with a bunch of unused "A" or "B" tickets (or coupons as they were actually called).

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    (before annual passes, people actually went all day and tried to do everything! isn't that so incredibly WEIRD????).
    Well, before full-day, unlimited passports were sold, I think that the relatively inexpensive main gate admission meant that locals could visit Disneyland pretty much any time they wanted (Walt initially considered free admission! ). As a child, although my family was fairly poor, I remember going a lot albeit not always doing a lot. When unlimited passports became the standard, it was a great deal if you wanted to hit the park pretty hard in terms of attractions, but was kind of expensive if you didn't. From that point, I remember going a lot less often but trying to get in everything I could each time (which can be fun but tiring). It's not weird but rather a matter of economics. Although standards have definitely shifted with regard to the perception of admission price, annual passports have kind of come full circle in bringing back the ability for locals to visit the park (now parks) more often while being able to relax a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    Better yet, they're reinstating a lost attraction while updated, has nothing gimmicky. While I still love Pirates even after the 2006 refurb, adding Jonny Depp was on that gimmicky side. So no, we don't have to have the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough featuring a Jonny Depp animatronic with a brand new Miley Cyrus song with the High School Musical kids having a pep rally in the castle!
    Oh...uh...gahgh...ew, thanks a lot, I just threw up a little in my mouth just from the thought!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I am very excited about this.
    Me too, and it's kind of weird in a way since it's such a minor attraction by some standards. It's one of the little things that help make Disneyland special, though. On that note, I still visit Storybook Land by boat or train every time I visit the park. At the risk of sounding overly dramatic, if this ever gets old for me, then I know that something inside me must have died...really.

And surprisingly DIP Jr is too. Being a 10 year old boy, I was surprised to see him be enthusiastic about this -- he is at that age where he can't stand "girl stuff".
    Sounds a lot like Fred Savage's character in The Princess Bride.

(You should see his reaction when I tell them they are putting in a Little Mermaid ride!)
    I wanna go!

Oh, by the way, a CM recently told me that the SBC walk-through probably is not going to open until after the holiday. Apparently they are having some glitches with the technology involved.
    That's too bad. No problem, I can wait....

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    (..and if this is as successful as I suspect, I still imagine a revived Pirate Ship/Skull Rock,
    Where would they put them? Maybe in or near the old Motor Boat Cruise lagoon (Fantasia Gardens) would be good.

Swiss Family Treehouse
    Not gonna happen, methinks.

Tahitian Terrace,
    Yes, please!

Skyway,
    I'd love it, but it's not gonna happen.

Rocket Jets,
    Not as long as there is the Astro Orbitor. Disneyland keeps replacing this type of attraction, so it could happen.

PeopleMover
    Heck, yeah!

- - and maybe a Nautilus! Oh, well I can dream can't I?)
    Probably will never happen, but I'd much prefer the real Nemo--as in Captain Nemo--to the current theme of the Submarine Voyage.

>>W/ This, Snow White, Pinoc, Alice and Toad, DL will have the darkest and most subversive Fantasyland out of all the MKs!!<<

Interesting comment. But since those more closely reflect Walt Disney's original vision, aren't the later inoffensive consumerist franchise versions of Fantasyland (and Disney) the actual "subversive" ones?
    Well, it's kind of circular--while the later versions may subvert the original vision, the original vision remains and subverts what people have generally come to view as Disney's vision. Personally, I like a little darkness in my doses of Disney. They had more of that in the early days, and it's one of the reasons that Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notre Dame are my favorites of the newer (relatively speaking) animated features.
    Last edited by Robert Cook; 10-17-2008 at 11:27 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12