Mass Transit from Irvine to Disneyland?

My daughter is playing in a softball tournament in So Cal this weekend. We are staying at the Crowne Plaza in Irvine,17941 Von Karman Avenue. I am skipping out on Saturday's games to go to Disneyland by myself (BAD mother!). I am unfamiliar with mass transit in the area. Is there a way to get from the hotel to Disneyland without taking a cab? Is there a series of buses I can take? My husband and daughter need the car to get to and from the tournament. The hotel said a cab was the only way $35.00 one way), but I am hoping there's another way. Any help would be appreciated.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Mass Transit from Irvine to Disneyland?

Here is a link to the OC Transit Authority website. They have a feature that will help figure the easiest bus routes to take, right on the left side of the front page. Punch in the address of your hotel and your destination and what time you plan to go.

Welcome To the Orange County Transportation Authority
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

This is the OC tranist authorities trip plan for you:
    Detail
    Creation date: Origin: Destination: Start time: End time: Duration:
    October 16, 2008 17941 VON KARMAN AV (IRVINE) DISNEYLAND 06:09 AM (October 18, 2008) 07:27 AM (October 18, 2008) 01h18min

Change options Plan return trip Show plan with earlier arrival Show plan with later departure Show plan with alternate path
    Steps
    Your trip will take approximately 1h18 min. You have 1 transfer(s).

Walk to MAIN-VON KARMAN in IRVINE, stop #3481
    Take VON KARMAN AV and walk to MAIN ST, it is the next street. Turn left and walk to MAIN-VON KARMAN in IRVINE, stop #3481, it is on the right (+/- 5 min.).

At 6:14 AM, take Route 053 North. Exit bus at MAIN-TOWN & COUNTRY in ORANGE, stop #5497 at 6:48 AM.
    At 6:14 AM, take Route 053 North and get off at stop #5497, MAIN-TOWN & COUNTRY, street MAIN (ORANGE) near street TOWN AND COUNTRY. Last intersections: MEMORY LN, UNKNOWN.
    View stop timetable for MAIN-VON KARMAN View stop timetable for MAIN-TOWN & COUNTRY View timetable for route 053 - Main Street (North)

Wait 9 minute(s).

Transfer at MAIN-TOWN & COUNTRY in ORANGE, stop #5497. At 6:57 AM, take Route 083 North. Exit bus at HARBOR-EAST SHUTTLE AREA in ANAHEIM, stop #0247 at 7:26 AM.
    At 6:57 AM, take Route 083 North and get off at stop #0247, HARBOR-EAST SHUTTLE AREA, street HARBOR (ANAHEIM) near street EAST SHUTTLE AREA. Last intersections: UNKNOWN, I-5 S EXIT 110A, MANCHESTER AV.
    View stop timetable for MAIN-TOWN & COUNTRY View stop timetable for HARBOR-EAST SHUTTLE AREA View timetable for route 083 - Anaheim - Laguna Hills (North)

Walk to DISNEYLAND. 7

But seriously if I was you I would pay for the cab.... It is definitly alot but Irvine is pretty far from Anaheim (at least for public transport) and it is outside of the reach of the subway (since its orange not LA). and since you have limited time in the park because of your other commitments it would be in your best interest to get there quickly and easily... but of course it is up to you, if it is worth the bus trip all the best! i hope you have a great time and just request that you post a TR..... I think some of the best reports come from people who dont go alot!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Samjon4123 View Post
    But seriously if I was you I would pay for the cab.... It is definitly alot but Irvine is pretty far from Anaheim (at least for public transport)
    Thanks for adding the qualifier. Irvine is only 15-20 minutes away by car. I would definitely suggest a taxi if time is of the essence. If you have them drop you off in the unload parking on Harbor you can easily be inside Disneyland itself in about 35 minutes from leaving Irvine.

• Following the Second Star

How I would do it is take the train from Irvine to Anaheim, then take the shuttle from the train station to Disneyland. It doesn't take long, and the train is fun ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

The train sounds interesting, but after hearing about the bus route I think my husband wants me to take a cab. He will be able to pick me up at the end of the day since the games end early. The train does sound interesting, though. I will look into that. I want to thank everybody for all the advice. I tried to look it up myself, but since I'm not familiar with the area I wasn't having much luck. I am so excited about my trip. It has been almost a year since I have been there. When my daughter was younger the two of us used to go 4 times a year. Now, with high school and softball, she has no time. Since I'm her primary transportation I have no time either. But I do Saturday!!

• Star Tourist

i dont think the train runs from irvine to anaheim, but ive never ridden it. I thought it only went from la to san diego with various stops like irvine in between.

• we jumped out a window

Both Amtrak and Metrolink can take you from Irvine to Anaheim station. A 1 way on the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner heading North would cost you $6.50. Metrolink 1 way will cost you 4.75.

Once you arrive at Anaheim Station, you can either take the ART #15 which runs hourly, I believe. That'll cost you $3. Or you can exit the station and board the OCTA 50 from Katella Ave.

A link was already provided for OCTA's site so here is

Metrolink's
    http://www.metrolinktrains.com/

Amtrak's

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/Conten...mtrak/HomePage

Anaheim Resort Transit's

http://www.rideart.org/

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by I<3DisneyGirls View Post
    i dont think the train runs from irvine to anaheim, but ive never ridden it. I thought it only went from la to san diego with various stops like irvine in between.
    Yes it does, I took it just a couple weeks ago. There is a south train and a north train. The one that goes north starts in Oceanside (I believe) and goes up to at least LA. Stops at every station, which includes Irvine and Anaheim

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Minion

You might be better off just renting another car for the day. It would probably be cheaper than the roundtrip cab fare and faster than public transportation. Doesn't hurt to check the rates, you are pretty close to the airport and could rent a car there.