Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Brief Photo Update 10/17 - Dis Ambassadors, Sunwheel refurb, funky hub tree lights...

Just a quick update from my visit this morning,

First of all, today the new Disney Ambassadors were announced in a ceremony that started around 11 AM.

The band was sound checking by 9:00 AM...

And by around 11:00 AM the show began...

I didn't stick around long enough to find out who won, but there were a few characters who were following the events closely...

Chip saw my camera...

Brer Bear was excited to see Ed Grier...

Brer Fox was checking out one of the former ambassadors...

Genie kept cracking jokes, but the Disney CIA was NOT amused...

And check out the "Ambassador Mobile"!

I think this is the parade car for the dream people, but I've never seen it parked before. I love the Mickey tires and the hood ornament...

A couple of other quick items before I headed to DCA...

The walls are down from where the French Fry wagon used to be. PLENTY of walking space as soon as these smaller barriers are down...

And the NOS train station is open again.

On my way over to DCA, I noticed these lights on the hub trees...

Are they left over from Mileypalooza? Are they for Halloweentime, or are they early, early set up for Christmas? I don't think I've ever seen those particular nets on those trees before. Hmmm....

Then it was over to DCA to check out the Bluesky Cellar...

I honestly haven't been this excited about new attractions at the DLR for years. I can't wait for the Mermaid ride and the Pier has needed a makeover for quite some time. And Carsland, though it might need a better name, looks incredible. The entrance area will look SO much better! Although I've never been a huge DCA fan, I really believe that these changes will enable DCA to finally become a full day park. Very cool!

Here's a higher res shot of the proposed DCA map...

and the posters outside on the building...

Then it was off to the pier where I was surprised to find...

missing gondolas. I knew that work would begin soon, but almost all of the gondolas are down already...

Something is going on in the lagoon as well. Are they already working on the world of color?

Here's a wide angle shot of Screamin on my way to get more shots of the Sunwheel...

The wide angle creates a wee bit of distortion on the wheel...

But I kind of like how this one turned out...

One final shot that I took from NOS where the station has been reopened...

That's all for now!
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 10-17-2008 at 06:00 PM.

Re: Brief Photo Update 10/17 - Dis Ambassadors, Sunwheel refurb, funky hub tree light

Love the pictures! How I wish I could have those tires for my car!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Re: Brief Photo Update 10/17 - Dis Ambassadors, Sunwheel refurb, funky hub tree light

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MC, this is LD

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I noticed there are two monorails in this shot... Two reds or a tease of Orange?

Overall a great TR as always.

• Lowering Expectations

Thanks Mac Daddy for the update! It's great to see the NOS station back up and running and the "Westward Ho!" path opening up.

Those are definitely not from Miley Cyrus's shindig, nor for Halloween Time. I think we are looking at some test lighting for the "wintertime enchantment" this holiday season. We heard that the snowfall lighting effect would extend farther down the central hub and down Main Street this year. All I have to say is... it's ugly. That type of light netting belongs on shrubs only.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Thank you, that is all.

I just love it when you go for your morning visits and then, on the same day, return home and post right away. It's great!

• Bring Your Own Redemption

Awesome photos!

That's Dale, not Chip.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• He's a Beautiful Pirate..

Not Close Enough to the House of the Mouse

Quinn Shurian is one of the new Ambassadors. He was our tour guide for the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour. He is a perfect choice and will represent well. CONGRATULATIONS, Quinn!!!!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice report!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Ah! Your a life saver! I was really wanting to see that Ambassador thing and now I get the next best thing!
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• =)

Seeing that concept art again is making me wonder...how visible will the fantastic hills of Cars Land be from other areas of the park? A certain amount of visual intrusion from adjacent lands is typically unavoidable...but I do wonder.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks for the pics.

I was mistaken, those rocks we saw on the model for the somewhat revised PP, are already there. It wasn't an addition. (but the model rocks look enormously comparred to what they look like in real life.)

Even with a good close up of the map, that green alligator/monster is still questionable - but really doesn't have any bearing on the new additions to DCA.

In the daytime, the netting on the trees in the hub, look as ugly as the fakesicles on the castle last year.

One of the large barrels has more of real blue print for Paradise Pier, but it really doesn't look like they are creating any viewing areas from the current orange stinger to the golden zephyr - I don't think that's wise, cosidering that this is suppose to be THE nighttime attraction for DCA.

Games of the boardwalk improvements (the remaining 4 games) does appear to have some improvement, but difficut to tell if it with be as detailed at the Toy Story area.

Have to say again, this coaster is still an ugly looking creature for Disney. (leaving DCA to look like Knotts and Magic Mt) And the ferris wheel makeover, and orange stinger turned Mickey's Twister just doesn't cut it. Major disappointment with the design elements, and the remaining pier theme. It's really sad that the only thing I'm really looking forward to in the pier area is Ariel - I just hope they make the exit area as beautiful as the area that Ariel was kicked out of in the hub area at DL.

Carsland DOES look promising, with a consistant theme, (unlike the disjointed convoluted mess that the pier still will be, uggg Goofy next to Ariel? King Trinton next to the coaster,jellies next to Mickey's twister blechhhh) Carsland looks like it will provide a beautiful berm to that portion of DCA, But makes it appear that entire remaining parking lot road around DCA will never be incorporated into guest space for DCA. This park really does need to utilize the entire remaining space around DCA into the park itself to maximize capacity.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Seeing that concept art again is making me wonder...how visible will the fantastic hills of Cars Land be from other areas of the park? A certain amount of visual intrusion from adjacent lands is typically unavoidable...but I do wonder.
    I really don't care if the hillos of Carsland will be visible from other areas, ToT is already seen from all over the place. Plus those hills look to provide a terrific berm.

• Goofy

wow great updates thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pirateslife4me View Post
    Quinn Shurian is one of the new Ambassadors. He was our tour guide for the Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic tour. He is a perfect choice and will represent well. CONGRATULATIONS, Quinn!!!!
    Quinn and I shared a locker together when we worked together at the Disney Store in Northridge in the early 1990s. He will make a very good ambassador. Congratulations indeed!
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast