Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

• =)

Re: Anyone concerned with Cars Land?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    No talking cars huh, are you sure? Well, just about anything can talk in Walt's California.

You didn't see the flying elephant of Soarin'? Pay attention better next time.

I thought you knew that Ariel immigrated to California during the Great Mackerel Famine of 1927. What you may not know is that this is when the term Holly Mackerel came into use.

Geez Data, I thought you knew your Disney history.
    My bad...I gotta brush up on my history a bit...

• The one, the only...

I love the idea that Carsland is going to be built. I really don't believe that it has anything to do with Walt Disney, but that is a point that I guess we can agree to disagree with.

I believe that Carsland can be as fun as Bear Country used to be at Disneyland. It seemed like a real place where bears were people. Sure it was a fantasy place, but still one that kids and adults enjoyed.

What Carsland should try to do is immerse the guest in the feeling that it is a place where Cars are people... So the guest should then be cars. The should pull into Flo's for a fill up. They should get gas afterward. They should put the guest into the world of Cars.

What I don't want Carsland to be is just a giant promotion for Cars merchandise. It costs too much to get into DCA for it to be just a living commercial.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by a-mad View Post
    So I have a few questions about Cars Land having looked at the concept art - and wondered if those that are in the "know" or have closely viewed the artwork at the preview center may be able to shed some light (this seemed like the right thread to do it... if there's another out there - let me know):

1) The three attractions have been announced... but there hasn't been much disclosed yet regarding the rest of the land (shops and restaurants, I guess...) Any ideas what the Sally/Teepee area will be? Separate gift shops? Counter service? There are two massive ware-house style buildings... one on the left-hand side as you enter, immediately after the Mater ride. The other directly across from RSR on the "right" side of the artwork (with a white-rimmed circular top). Are these show buildings? Restaurants? Shops? They just seem like big chunks of real estate... so it got me wondering

2) Regarding Radiator Springs Racers. Will the queue be that house-like building directly in front of the "RS mesa"? I would think the queue would have to be pretty massive for a ride expected to be enormously popular. Also, where is the "indoor" portion of the ride? Is it in the big slickrock structure in the NE corner of the artwork?

The whole thing has me genuinely intrigued... and I'm looking forward to seeing it develop over the next few years..
    Very good questions, I can tell you studied the art carefully. They're such good questions that I don't think many of us have a very good answers, and the preview center doesn't tell anything about this, but I'll answer what I've heard.

1. They have announced some of the plans for stores and attractions. I'm not sure about the Tee Pees but they're supposed to have Flo's Drive In, Fillmores Organic Foods, and a store called Radiator Springs Curios amongst a few other stores and exhibits. The building on the left of Rt 66 is the existing farm building, not sure what it will be repurposed for. The other building on the right with the weird roofs behind the round building many of us are guessing that it may be one of the other dark rides that supposedly they're working on for possibly phase 1, but probably not untill phase 2, nobody seems to be sure.

2. Apparently the loading area for RSR will be in that little camp area near the fender rock. That should give a really long path for the queue to run up there. Not to sure how that's going to work, but that's supposedly the plan. I would assume that the main entrance would be in that building you asked about too, but I'm not sure. I regard to the show building, yes it will be integrated into the cliffs and rockwork of RS.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Regarding the indoor portions of RSR - I don't know the specifics, but I doubt they're showing all of the rockwork to scale. It's highly likely that only the front of the show building will be themed, with a backside that just looks like a building with rockwork coming over the top. This wouldn't be shown in the concept art for the public, much like how Splash Mountain shows up on park maps without a second, mostly unthemed show building behind it.

Thanks Uncle Bob! The loading area/queue makes sense now that I read your response and take a bigger look over the entire ride.

I just read a blurb from Lance Hart of Screamscape.com that he heard that the ride system may be more coaster-based rather than the technology used in Test Track/JttcotE. Any truth to that rumor? Intriguing, to say the least...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Being the time and age we live in where lands will be about entire films, I can ignore that. What I'm more concerned about is the lack of too much else to do in the land. Three attractions is barely what a land of that size should be boasting and I think they should be planning for attraction #4 and # 5 immediately, even if they don't begin to build them yet.

I know Baloo has mentioned that there will be more rides but I think they should have more than just three.

Also... I don't see why CARS LAND was the chosen land name. If you look at what else was currently in place:

Sunshine Plaza
    Hollywood Pictures Backlot (eventually Hollywoodland?)
    Golden State (Bountiful Valley Far, A Bug's Land, Condor Flats, Paciifc Wharf, Grizzly Peak Recreational Area)
    Paradise Pier

Aside from "A Bug's Land" which came later, none of those follow the standard Disneyland method of naming. And with CA being such a varied state, they could have used a good number of other titles instead of "land".

Cars County
    Cars Region
    Cars District
    Cars Drive (get it??)
    Cars Canyon
    Cars Valley

etc etc. While none of those are remotely as appealing as Radiator Springs, a lot of those sound much better than Cars Land... at least to me. Carburetor County, referenced in the film, would have also been a good name.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Regarding the indoor portions of RSR - I don't know the specifics, but I doubt they're showing all of the rockwork to scale. It's highly likely that only the front of the show building will be themed, with a backside that just looks like a building with rockwork coming over the top. This wouldn't be shown in the concept art for the public, much like how Splash Mountain shows up on park maps without a second, mostly unthemed show building behind it.
    Yep, according to insiders the side facing Harbor will look like a warehouse and they are going to be planting big trees to make it look a little nicer.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Yep, according to insiders the side facing Harbor will look like a warehouse and they are going to be planting big trees to make it look a little nicer.
    Woo hoo! More backstage views for me to "exploit"! I'll have to figure out the best vantage points before the trees grow too much.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by a-mad View Post
    Thanks Uncle Bob! The loading area/queue makes sense now that I read your response and take a bigger look over the entire ride.

I just read a blurb from Lance Hart of Screamscape.com that he heard that the ride system may be more coaster-based rather than the technology used in Test Track/JttcotE. Any truth to that rumor? Intriguing, to say the least...
    Al Lutz mentioned a few months ago that they had been looking at using a modified roller coaster system, but said that they had decided on the new third generation test track system that will enable the complex high speed track changes and other race effects that Jon Lasseter has apparently been asking for. It could still and up a RC system, but I trust Al more, so I would bet that's the direction they're headed.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Woo hoo! More backstage views for me to "exploit"! I'll have to figure out the best vantage points before the trees grow too much.
    Maybe you'd have a good view from the new hotel at AGW? Won't you be working for Disney by then anyway?
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Maybe you'd have a good view from the new hotel at AGW? Won't you be working for Disney by then anyway?
    To the first question - perhaps. To the second - I certainly hope so! That'd be very nice.

Plus we all have the wonderful 3+ years of construction to look forward to. I know I will be out and about regularly during construction and I assume dozens more right here on MiceChat will be too. I bet the refurb on DCA will be one of the most photographed construction projects ever!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Plus we all have the wonderful 3+ years of construction to look forward to. I know I will be out and about regularly during construction and I assume dozens more right here on MiceChat will be too. I bet the refurb on DCA will be one of the most photographed construction projects ever!
    I agree. I expect many field days from you! And as many from myself as I can muster, naturally, being a non-AP and having to pay for a few hours of public transportation to get to the park...

Hey...speaking of field days with theme park construction...any luck with those Splash Mountain shots? Turnabout's fair play, after all...after those times you've bugged me about making my model 4D...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Yep, should be fun. It'll be pretty interesting to see all the construction photos. They'll be working on RSR most of that time, that should be pretty incredible.
    -Walt Disney

• =)

Yep, should be fun. It'll be pretty interesting to see all the construction photos. They'll be working on RSR most of that time, that should be pretty incredible.
    Indeed! I'll be torn between wanting to wait and see it in its completed, magical form and wanting to take a bus to the resort every day so I can see how things have progressed. Most likely, I'll find a happy medium and watch a lot of photographic updates online, with a few visits thrown in whenever I can...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast