Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

Anyone concerned with Cars Land?

So today I was able to come down and check out the Blue Sky cellar. Overall I was pretty impressed. I wish the video was longer. It looked amazing with the HD.

Anyway, one of my main worries is Car's Land. Now first, why can't they just call it "Radiator Springs"? I mean, that IS what the place is called in the movie.

Also, anyone else worried they're going to make the same mistake they did with Bug's Land? Bug's Land is a cool idea, but all the rides are way to kid oriented. I mean, at least with fantasyland attractions they appeal to kids and teens AND adults. However, Bug's land is pretty much only for children IMO. I know I've only been there twice in my life, and I never rode any of the rides.

With car's Land, I think there's great potential...but I'm worried the rides (except for the amazing sounding E-ticket) will be way to oriented toward kids and not teens and adults.

Anyone else share my fear? Obviously everything's still in the conceptual stage, but from what I've seen, I'm worried.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Re: Anyone concerned with Cars Land?

Yes, I'm a little worried that the ride may be geared towards kids, instead of a broader audience (maybe they'd get more people to go over to California Adventure if they did this ).

• Sock Puppet

Nope, we're not worried or fearful about Cars Land.

We'll enjoy it however we can.

We don't HAVE to enjoy everything in the Park to have a good time...

Enjoy! (or at least try to)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Carsland so far, looks better designed, than the rest of the makeover. Paradise Pier doesn't get rid of the carney theme, and looks like 6 flags.

The new entrance looks more Sante Fe, than Hollywood, and no attraction for the new center of the hub, with Carthy Circle - THAT is a disappointment.

Ariel looks promising, but I'm doubtful it will have as beautiful a place for the fountains that were conquered by Tinkerbell.

Now for Carsland - The themeing looks just as wonderful as Bug'sland, BUT it has an attraction based on Test Track that's NOT just a little kiddie ride. Luigi's (floating hubcaps) also looks to have appeal besides just 4 year old. Mater's looks like a higher capacity than any of the Fliks Fun Fair rides, so that's good! So it doesn't look like Carsland will have some of the same problems that FFF has. That's a good thing.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Nope, we're not worried or fearful about Cars Land.

We'll enjoy it however we can.

We don't HAVE to enjoy everything in the Park to have a good time...

Enjoy! (or at least try to)

Well, Both DCA and DL should have a variety of attractions, which the entire family can enjoy together, BUT to say:

"We don't have to enjoy everything in the Park to have a good time"

sounds like an excuse to say that "it's ok for DCA to have some crappy off the shelf rides"

So i would NEVER agree with a statement like that.

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    "We don't have to enjoy everything in the Park to have a good time"

sounds like an excuse to say that "it's ok for DCA to have some crappy off the shelf rides".
    Exactly. That's why Disneyland succeeds. DCA and other theme parks succeed in part, but very, very few parks succeed in part and in whole.

• Fancy that...

I think Carsland will do fine financially...my problem with is that it's all on the movie "Cars" and that takes place in Arizona. Plus, the film was the weakest Pixar movie IMO... The land looks fantastic though, and I can't wait to ride radiator Springs racers and the flying tires ride...forgot the exact name.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I'm not a fan of the "CarsLand" title.... Since when do we name a whole land after one attraction?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I agree that "Radiator Springs" sounds a heck of a lot better than "Carsland." The name is much too klunky. It just sits there. Too generic. Too blech. It comes across as an inept title for a used auto lot.

"C'mon down to Carsland! We're at the Jamboree and the 73! Open til midnight, we'll see ya here!"

I wonder if it's too late for Lasseter to change it.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

I cant think of ONE ride in Fantasyland that appeals to Adults by itself?
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    Matterhorn Bobsleds?

Regarding "Radiator Springs" vs. Carsland, perhaps they figure that people would just call it Carsland even if it were "Radiator Springs" and so why not just save them the trouble?

• T i DuBL GuH eRR

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    BUT it has an attraction based on Test Track that's NOT just a little kiddie ride
    Ohh so is that the E-Ticket of this land? I saw it in the pictures but didn't make the connection to Test Track. That should be a fun ride for all ages then.
    "Difficult takes a day
    Impossible takes a week"
    - Jay-Z

• =)

My concern with Cars Land is not in who it'll appeal to - I think Radiator Springs Racers will be enjoyable for thrill-seeking older folks, and possibly to younger kids as well. The other attractions seem to be aimed at slightly younger demographics. Seems like a nice mix to me.

The name, however, is DEFINITELY an issue. I really cannot understand how the marketing people can have so little faith in the human race. "Well, if we name it 'Radiator Springs', they'll have no idea what we're talking about, so they won't come to the park. But if we call it 'Cars Land', they'll know instantly that they have to come. It's kinda catchy anyway, doncha think?"

The other big issue with Cars Land is its theme. Been over this repeatedly...but Radiator Springs is more closely tied to Arizona than to California. Nothing about the film celebrates California particularly, and numerous aspects of the design and description point to a location in Arizona. If the park is going to be that explicit and call itself California Adventure, it needs to be about California. Cars simply is not about California. The justification that Cars celebrates Route 66 and Route 66 continued through California and thus all of Route 66 is fair game and no one'll know it's not California anyway - yeah, that justification? Doesn't cut it for me. It's a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33 Mike View Post
    And that's a flaw with Fantasyland. Doesn't justify doing other lands the same way - which is why I'm glad Cars Land won't suffer from that particular issue.

• Collision speed....FULL!

You should not be worried about Cars land, at all. The land is really the Disney Sea of the west coast; its really going to induce a lot of awes once one hits just inside it's entrance. The size and scope of it is unprecedented in the theme park industry. As for the major E-Ticket RSR's, its going to be the Indiana Jones of this decade. Its a thrill ride yes, but also a family dark ride and scenic tour all rolled into one package, just like POTC.

There is nothing to be worried about, especially this early on the project.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    You should not be worried about Cars land, at all. The land is really the Disney Sea of the west coast; its really going to induce a lot of awes once one hits just inside it's entrance. The size and scope of it is unprecedented in the theme park industry. As for the major E-Ticket RSR's, its going to be the Indiana Jones of this decade. Its a thrill ride yes, but also a family dark ride and scenic tour all rolled into one package, just like POTC.

There is nothing to be worried about, especially this early on the project.
    Quality, size, scope, beauty, and widespread appeal are hardly in question here. It's gonna be amazing to look at and experience. But that doesn't mean there's flat out nothing to worry about. It just means that there's one heck of a lot to not worry about.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast