Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• That Guy

Question Halloween Time at DLR- Seeking Tips, Tricks

Hi everyone!!!!!!

I'm heading to DLR next week with my two neices and nephew.

It's been like two years since my last trip, so I could really use your help.

-Are there any special things going on I should be aware of? I know that Nemo is new and then at DCA there is the new toy story ride.

-I'm almost afraid to ask, but how have crowds been. I think we're doing Thurs & Fri.

Any other pointers would be great. I have been busily reading the other great threads and I'm learning a lot.

Thanks so much!!!!

• no flash photography...

Re: Halloween Time at DLR- Seeking Tips, Tricks

the crowds have been large because some states have fall break right now, but a CM said this may be the last weekend. Hopefully, it will be nice and normal crowds for your trip.

This past week the crowds have been a bit crazy- mostly because of fall break for some schools. Also, disneyland has been nuts when the trick or treat party is going on since there are people going to DL that would otherwise be in DCA. Haunted Mansion had some long lines this past weekend, so I would use the fast pass for that too (usually it's a walk on ride whenever we go, but everytime we've visited in october we've always had to grab fast passes!) Just prepare yourselves for the stresses that bigger crowds can give you, and don't let a packed park ruin a trip

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

You hit most of the new within the last year and a half:

Finding Nemo in DL - TL
    Toy Story Midway Mania in DCA - PP

You didn't mention how old or tall your niece and nephew are, so if they didn't meet minimum height standards for certain attractions, obviously you would want to hit those attractions.

Also:

Pixar Play Parade - DCA (you likely will get wet watching this parade)

Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland is all decked out for Halloween, there are also a few different shows in Big Thunder Ranch with Woody, Jessie, and Bullseye, and a few photo opps in this area. Also, a little craft area for kids, with a few coloring pages.

Dapper Dan's have halloween renditions of their songs.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Great info - I'm hoping the crowds won't be too bad.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• That Guy

Thanks for the great info, I really appreciate it!!

Can someone please tell me if I should order my tickets online, or just get there early and go to a ticket window?

Thanks!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

my best advice is to get fast passes for HMH, the line's been 40-60mins the last 2 weekends
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    my best advice is to get fast passes for HMH, the line's been 40-60mins the last 2 weekends

Thanks for the tip, I will totally do that.

I'm hoping that by being at DLR on Thursday, it won't be too bad, but we'll see.... Fri I am also hoping DCA is mellow.

• That Guy

Sorry, another ?.

Does DLR still do that service where you can buy stuff in stores, and pick it up somewhere at the end of the day?

Thanks!!

• That Guy

How do online tickets work?

I can order them and print them, but then do I have to get in line and exchange it for a ticket that will fit in FP machines?

Thanks very much.

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer View Post
    Thanks for the great info, I really appreciate it!!

Can someone please tell me if I should order my tickets online, or just get there early and go to a ticket window?

Thanks!!!
    I think you can even do a print at home thing on disneyland.com, you can also get discount tickets at AAA, Costco, etc. The Disney store has tickets you can buy, and any of these I believe you just walk straight up to the turnstyles, you don't have to exchange them or anything.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I haven't purchased tickets online before, BUT I would definitely suggest buying your tickets before going. It really does make it nice to avoid one of the very first lines of the day, and just head to the front gate.

For package Pickup, the individual stores do not offer that service anymore, however you can take your packages to the Newstand store at the very front of Disneyland, and they will hold your packages for you, until the end of the day. You just present your receipts with your purchases, and complete a form with your name/phone number etc. When you are ready to pick up your purchases, just present your claim form to the newstand.

• That Guy

thanks very much for the info!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Max - You should have low to medium crowds on Thursday, but Friday should be a bit more crowded. I would suggest being in line no later than 8 AM on Friday and fast pass something you really want to go on, i.e. Indy or SM as soon as you get in. (If you are going on Halloween, I think I saw that the park opens at 9 am, which I really can't understand.) I think you'll find you can get about 10 rides in and have a hand full of past passes by the time you break for lunch. Don't forget DCA is on a different FP system, so you can use the FP as soon as you get over there. The idea on crowded days is to save your fast passes for the afternoon and evening when the park can get really crowded. On Friday afternoons you'll get the weekend crowds plus APers who want to take the kids after school. The fast passes work really well in terms of letting you kick back and have shorter wait times if the park is really crowded. And don't forget to eat lunch and dinner early as food lines can get a bit long.

The only flaw in the save the fastpasses system is...sometimes when you return later in the day,the rides that you have been waiting for may be down. Our personal best is four major rides down at once.

As for the Haunted Mansion, on Fridays, the lines really haven't gotten too long until about 10 - 11 AM. If you are in the park by rope drop, most of Frontierland, NOS will be a walk on, including Splash. As the day wears on, you'll receive less fastpasses as return times will be longer, and the lines will continue to grow throughout the park. So early arrival will really enable you to get the most out of your day.

Order your tickets on line and get an e-ticket that you print to take with you--- it doesn't have to be in color either...( skip the ticket booths--another line you don't need to be in) they just scan the bar codes at the entrances and then they will give you a regular ticket to use for fastpasses in exchange...
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast