Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Still wants to be a cat!

Question What's the Walk in Walt's Shoes tour like?

Have gotten the brochure and have thought about taking the tour. Kinda expensive and heard children are not recommended since it is a lot of walking. Any opinions on this tour? Would be greatly appreciated.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I went on the tour the last time I visited Disneyland, a few years ago. It was interesting, although not quite as interesting as I was led to believe from the information Disney gives out. It is a walking tour, however not a terribly fast paced one. I think that there were a couple of children along, but none younger than maybe 10. Young children probably would be a little bored by it, as you simply walk around the park (no backstage visits, although we did get to go into what was a private apartment, now a gallery area, above Pirates) and listen to the guide telling a few secrets and some anecdotes. Much of the information was stuff I had heard before, but some of it was new to me. Overall it was pretty enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    Have gotten the brochure and have thought about taking the tour. Kinda expensive and heard children are not recommended since it is a lot of walking. Any opinions on this tour? Would be greatly appreciated.
    Can you tell where or how you got the brochure? It (tour) is one of the perks with the 50th celebration package I booked. Will Disney send one (brochure) to me as the dates for my vacation get closer? I think I'm supposed to call 30 days in advance to confirm/book the tour.
    Cliff
    WDW '72, '97, '00, '02, '03 '06 '07, '08 DL '98, '05, '10 DLP '00 DCL '09

• GO DBACKS!!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyParkFan
    Can you tell where or how you got the brochure? It (tour) is one of the perks with the 50th celebration package I booked. Will Disney send one (brochure) to me as the dates for my vacation get closer? I think I'm supposed to call 30 days in advance to confirm/book the tour.
    When are you going DisneyParkFan? We are going the last week of November. I don't believe they will send a brochure for the tour but I think you could email DL from their website to see if they will mail you one. I just hope the clock we are supposed to get is of good quality.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

It's the "Walk In Walt's Footsteps" tour, btw...the misnomer is a pet peve of mine.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• I was deleted.

I took the tour last Feb. As I said in the Mysteries and Legends Tour thread, http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=1045

I went on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and enjoyed that one a lot. But now that the Tiki Room is closed (one of the places you got to see extra in) and the railroad (the place they added in after the Tiki room closed) I'm not sure if it will be worth the money. Especially if The Walt Disney Story is closed. I would ask what had replaced it, because in early January they had not yet. They said they would be changing it somewhat for the 50th.

• Disney fans for life!

We took that tour a year ago. We also had our four kids with us (13-5).

Yes, it was a little dry for the younger ones, but they enjoyed it overall.

Not fast paced, and not much "new" information. They did open the door to Club 33 and let us look inside. We finished up the tour with a lunch served on the patio behind the Gallery. We also were given special tour pins.

They had a special discount through American Express giving half-off the prices of the tour. I don't think that I would have been too happy paying full-ticket for six of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid
    When are you going DisneyParkFan? We are going the last week of November. I don't believe they will send a brochure for the tour but I think you could email DL from their website to see if they will mail you one. I just hope the clock we are supposed to get is of good quality.
    I'll be there the week of the actual anniversary in July 2005. I know, I know, it will be crowded. I'm also hoping the clock is of good quality too! Would like to put it someplace special in the living room, plus a special pin sounds cool too!
    Cliff

• Sock Puppet

DisneyParkfan, here is the low-down on the tour you are interested in:

Our tour begins here, in this gallery...ha ha just kidding. Beginning on Main street USA, you will begin be passing through the Emporium, Disneyland's most crowded, load, and poorly organzied store. Here you will have the chance to see first hand some rather irritable CM's working behind registers and doing their best to hang up all the size medium t-shirts that guests had been trying to squeeze into unsuccessfully. After your adventures in the retail division, you will be swept off towards the next themed area, the restrooms. While en route, you may become distracted by the leader of an asian tourist brigade who has folded a number of park maps into a long, pointy, rather dangerous baton and uses this to lead the march towards the many photo-spots sponsored by kodak. If you were lucky enough not to get trampled, you are now standing in front of the restrooms near the old Carnation Cafe. In order to get the full experience, you are given a opaque squirt bottle and dingy blue rag which you will use to clean off the sink heads as well as each one of the handles on the stalls, doors, and flush handles.
    After this daring adventure, it is off to Adventureland where you will be given the chance to partake in the interpreting of the confused Iranian woman's story regarding her lost child. Once you have used your superior intellect to help her realize she has no child, and is simply looking for a hand out, you will be treated to a Tropical treat from a stand near the Tiki Room, there never seems to be enough napkins does there?
    On to New Orleans square! Here, you will get to see just how much work it is to hang all those plastic-beaded necklesses from the railings in the French Quarter. While holding the ladder for one of the CM's doing this complicated themeing, you will catch that exotic smell, no not one of Louisiana treats, but the reminder that this particular CM ran out of laundry detergant and deodarant on the same day! While your New Orleans adventure was short, it did include a ride. After standing in line, waiting to experience the Haunted Mansion, you will be bombarded with questions from many guests regarding where to stand in the gallery in order to get the best view. As the lights dim, you will get the chance to hear all of the amateur narrators doing their best impersonations of the ghost host. They most likely will be in groups with other like-minded illiterate individuals and probably will have the same problem as the CM hanging the beads. After the nightmare of screaming, annoying video camera illuminations, and spanish spiels, you exit your doombuggy and the ghosts will follow you home!
    Leaving the Haunted Mansion, you adjust your eyes to the glaring sunlight, realizing you just left your camera and backpack in your buggy. Great. Unfortunately, after pleading with the tour guide in hopes she would let the group pause for a moment while I go to lost and found, wait 30 minutes in line, and then fill out a long and complicated form in the hopes of seeing my camera and goodies again, she declined and proceeded to whip me with that little black stick thing she carries.
    Apparently there is more to the tour, I however had seen enough and left the group to head back to the main street where I would do my best in getting the stuff back. I hope you find this information helpful, and that you enjoy the tour as much as I did!
    -Kyle

Kyle,

:devil: LOL at your post! Not exactly what I was looking for but still very entertaining. LMAOROTF! You either have too much time on your hands or you spend WAY too much time at DL! Thanks all the same. You forgot to mention the cost for THIS tour.
    Cliff

• Sock Puppet

Anytime Cliff! As for the cost, I am not sure. It was included in a AAA package.

• Minion

the cost is about $45 per person. but u guys are forgetting the best part of the tour. you get to eat lunch at walt's old apartment which is now the disney gallery and you get to go in the lobby of Club 33. you learn a lot of disney trivia that you would probably not know before. it is a great tour and well worth your money. but i dont know what they would do now since most of the attractions they usually take you on are closed. u would usually go to walt disney story, disneyland rr, tiki room and then haunted mansion.
    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

• Hooterville, USA

We did the tour last year too! It's more for the adults, and it's more facts then entertainment. The lunch was excellent, and the tour guide was better! Would recomend this to the Disneyland enthusiast. Not so much for kids.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by Disneychica04
    the cost is about $45 per person. but u guys are forgetting the best part of the tour. you get to eat lunch at walt's old apartment which is now the disney gallery and you get to go in the lobby of Club 33. you learn a lot of disney trivia that you would probably not know before. it is a great tour and well worth your money. but i dont know what they would do now since most of the attractions they usually take you on are closed. u would usually go to walt disney story, disneyland rr, tiki room and then haunted mansion.
    My friend & I took the the tour in 2001. We didn't get to go into Club 33 and no lunch inside the Disney Gallery either. Did they change the tour with in the last few years? :confused:

We did it in 2003 and it was pretty good. There were only three things the guide told me that I didn't already know, but it was still fun, and getting a peak into the lobby of Club 33 was fun (not that you see anything but the lift)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast