Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: I miss Disneyland!

I totally feel the same way I haven't been since last june 10-11 for my honeymoon. I miss it so much!!!!

it's been almost a month since my last visit, I miss it too. I'll be back in december though.

• Disneyland Goober

I moved across the country to the east coast so I won't be going for awhile. I was SO close (Burbank, then San Diego) and now I feel so far away. I no longer have an AP. At least I got to ride TSMM before I moved. Now maybe I can save up money and visit that place they call Disneyworld. Or as I call it, fake Disneyland.

By the time I hopefully move back to the west coast, DCA will be all redone (supposedly). I guess if there's going to be a time I don't go for awhile, now's the time.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yes... we are trying hard to get out there in Jan but I'm not sure... too many expenses these days. I miss DL so hard core
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I finally returned to the park with my fiance over the weekend after a 7 month hiatus. The economy is tough and it took us a long time to scrounge up the money to renew our AP's. Once we entered the park, the memory of spending all of that money for two AP's went out the window.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I grew up four miles from Disneyland but it was so expensive my family only went every few years after we had saved up for the big splurge. That helped make it a very special place to me. In these hard times we need to re-think our priorities. Make sure the kids have food and clean clothes and the rent is paid. Start a special fund for trips to DLand. I love the park. I mean I LOVE the park. But the bills have to be paid first. Better times will return. In the meantime it's time to hunker down.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

We were there in March for a few days. I really wanted to fit in another trip this year, but it's just not gonna happen. It looks like I might get to do a long weekend in April while the kid is on a school trip. Then she and a couple of her friends want to visit for a few days in June as part of their graduation trip.

I'm debating forking over the cash for AP's just so it will be a little cheaper for any subsequent visits next year.

So, like many others, I read TR's to help alleviate the withdrawals. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Boat shoes all day long

Strange, the only strangle the economic situation has put on people is in their retirement and/or large investments. So when you hear teens and 20-somethings complaining about how the economy is breaking their bank, you have my permission to give them a, "no way, guy!"
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

• On Autopilot

I haven't been able to go since the summer of 06. (a friend of mine and I visited; and even then it was squished mightily short)

It just felt like I was being dragged around from ride to ride, and my friend's attitude towards everything didn't help either v_V

I'm planning on going to Disneyland in the early part of January for next year with my father and one of his good friends; I only hope this trip will be better than last

:< This is what I get for living in the middle of dry Arizona

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dopey's Girl View Post
    . Make sure the kids have food and clean clothes and the rent is paid.
    (begin Yoda like voice) food and clean clothes...rent paid...a Disney fanatic craves not these things! (/Yoda like voice)

• phbbbbbt

Oh my gosh, I'm glad there's at least one other person on this thread who hasn't been since about the last time I was! We took my daughter for her 2nd birthday (she's in my avatar), that was mid Feb '06. I was thinking we probably wouldn't go again until my new daughter turns two, which would be March '10.

But then, a couple of weeks ago, my husband got a free ticket in the mail, and two days later, I got one too. We've never had APs, but his last name is hispanic (his Dad is Mexican), and they were in Spanish with English subtitles so I guess that's why we were so lucky. He usually takes vaca mid Nov (his birthday, our anniversary, and my birthday are back to back to back), and while he can't take a week this year (he had an employee die a couple of weeks ago unexpectedly), he knows how much I want to go to the park, and mentioned that he will have vaca time and money... I'm really hoping he can take a weekday off and we can go. Honestly, the cost of the kids' tickets, plus gas, plus food is still a lot, but otoh, we're not going up to the mountains like we usually do, plus we both turn 40 this year, and it's our 10th wedding anniversary. We should do something to celebrate, right?
    xo, Deanna

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Ok, you two that are bragging about going 60 and 80+ times in a year...you are NOT helping us others wallow in our Disneyland withdrawel self pity!
    I couldn't agree more!
    Foolish Mortal

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Strange, the only strangle the economic situation has put on people is in their retirement and/or large investments. So when you hear teens and 20-somethings complaining about how the economy is breaking their bank, you have my permission to give them a, "no way, guy!"
    The biggest hit we are taking is the cost of living. Everything is so much more expensive and the only thing not going up is my paycheck! Food and supplies are more expensive now and it's the little here, little there that's hurting us!
    Foolish Mortal

Quote Originally Posted by Squidgit View Post
    Now maybe I can save up money and visit that place they call Disneyworld. Or as I call it, fake Disneyland.
    Absolutely do it! I grew up with Disneyland and it will always be my favorite, but after spending a lot of time at WDW I now consider it to be a unique and really fun experience. Sure, it ain't the original. But its still a whole lot of fun. And there is tons to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Strange, the only strangle the economic situation has put on people is in their retirement and/or large investments."
    Not so sure I agree with you there, Boyguna. I work in a company that serves the entertainment industry and we have been hit very hard. Many of my good friends are technicians and service people in shows here in Vegas and they're losing their jobs left and right. Certainly entertainment centers like this one aren't as common elsewhere in the world, but to say that the economic situation is only affecting large, far off investments seems very far off base to me. To say nothing of those holding sub-prime loans that they are trying to get out from under. Tis a mess.

As far as the Disneyland withdrawals go, I was there in June and miss it considerably. But I think I miss WDW more right now. I was there in June as well, and hope to be back in January. I'll be in California for my Halloween, and then again in December for a day at the parks before my sister goes to the docs at USC Med.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

• Walt Disney Fan

I feel really sorry for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast