• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Will there be any changes to DL's Christmas Parade in 2008?

Since Jack has decorated the Haunted Mansion and DL's Christmas Tree is backstage all decorated, it's time for another Christmas question!

Each year there appear some changes to the Christmas Parade, even if they are minor ones, such as new costumes for certain characters. One year, the snowpeople change form and tried to become more hip and edgy by wearing different clothes (baseball hats, etc). Goofy and Max weren't always with the gingerbread house. Some years, they just quietly added some of the more recent additions to the Disney family. Another year, the old familar fun loving drunk reindeer all sobered up. ( ) Some years Chip and Dale were skating and snowball fighting. Other years Mickey and Minnie skated. Last year Ariel was given legs in the parade and Eric was in the parade for the 1st time, her stack of toy blocks were confiscated by the Toy Story crew. Santa even got a new parade unit recently, for the finale.

So, first of all, what kind of changes might be possible for this year, what's the scoop? What's being prepared for DL guests, this year???

Next, what kind of changes would you like to see to the Christmas parade? What type of new things would you like added? What kind of new parade units or entire segments would you like to see added to the parade?

So yes it's a two part question

1 - What really is happening new with the parade this year?

2 - What kind of new things would you imagineer for the Christmas Parade?

• Banned User

Re: Will there be any changes to DL's Christmas Parade in 2008?

There is going to be an entirely new Toy Factory float. No details yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I would give the Reindeer booze again.... I miss the old drunk ones.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Have they started auditions for the Chritmas Parade?

I would like DL to change the music for the parade, maybe a different songs for each segement. Blending it all together, like how they do POD or the MSEP. And I really do like the old standard from the previous DL Christmas Parade, "Holly Jolly Christmas".

And how about adding a warm climate parade unit, something to represent Christmas, where snow doesn't usually appear. How about a Lilo and Stitch "Mele Kalikimaka" tropical float. I'd like to hear a rendition of "Ring Christmas Bells" during the Princess segement. And it's really time that they change up the Gingerbread House. As much as I like Goofy, it's getting a little tired with him and Max at that house nearly every year.

• Hello

Cool Re: Will there be any changes to DL's Christmas Parade in 2008?

1 - What really is happening new with the parade this year?

1.) No clue, and I'm no help.

2.) I'd love to see Santa replaced with Mickey in a Santa costume. Of course Mrs. Clause would be replaced by Minnie in a costume.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    I'd love to see Santa replaced
    Blasphemy! Not even Mickey should replace Santa!

• Banned User

Have they started auditions for the Chritmas Parade?
    I believe they were conducted about a month ago.

I would like DL to change the music for the parade, maybe a different songs for each segement. Blending it all together, like how they do POD or the MSEP. And I really do like the old standard from the previous DL Christmas Parade, "Holly Jolly Christmas".
    Well the music is changed from float to float. Just different renditions of the theme.

I would like DL to change the music for the parade, maybe a different songs for each segement. Blending it all together, like how they do POD or the MSEP.
    This already happens, with the same theme, but different arrangements and lyrics. It works quite well.
    As for MSEP, it all runs on the underlying theme, with all songs woven together into one piece.
    I wish POD had found a way to do this.

• Lost in Wonderland

And how about adding a warm climate parade unit, something to represent Christmas, where snow doesn't usually appear. How about a Lilo and Stitch "Mele Kalikimaka" tropical float.
    That would be neat, but it would make me have nightmares about Disney going overboard with Stitch like what happens in Tokyo.

And it's really time that they change up the Gingerbread House. As much as I like Goofy, it's getting a little tired with him and Max at that house nearly every year.
    I'd like to do that too. Let's put Alice & the Mad Hatter back on the Candy House. Or Remy & Emile.

Another thing I'd like to change is Buzz Lightyear's cheezy lines... "I come in Peace... and at this time of year, Peace is standard issue."

This year I don't think there will be any major costume changes (could be wrong). But there will be some minor changes that practically no one will notice. (such as if purple trim is added to the sleeves on the Ball Dancer costumes appears, that will be new.)