View Poll Results: Which ride will you demolish to make room for your new favorite ride of all time?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

43 36.44%
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds

23 19.49%
  • Space Mountain

16 13.56%
  • Splash Mountain

36 30.51%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney Geek

Re: Sophie's Choice: Disneyland Style!

I love them all. Space is my favorite, Matterhorn is my sentimental favorite, and the ride I ride the most with my kids every vacation is Big Thunder. Sorry Splash you must go, I'll miss you.

• Minion

It was easy for me... Space mountain. Splash has the America Sings animatronics characters, Big Thunder is just too much fun. Matterhorn is iconic in terms of having spent a life time of arriving on the freeway and knowing I was close because I could see THE MOUNTAIN. Although Space Mountain is probably the best ride in Tomorrowland, that's just not enough for me. I just think the interior of Splash works on so many levels.

• Thank you, that is all.

My daughter's going to kill me but, Splash Mountain! I just really despise getting drenched in dirty water!

According to the actual poll, while a plurality of us have talked about voting for Splash Mountain, it seems that a "silent plurality" has been voting for Big Thunder Mountain, and that Matterhorn Bobsleds is the safest. The latter is hardly surprising considering how iconic the Matterhorn is to most people--right up there with Sleeping Beauty Castle for some, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    What you do is what they want to do down here in San Diego with the docks at the Port of San Diego and building a stadium for the Chargers.
    I get your point, but it's a bad example because San Diego should get rid of the Chargers regardless of stadium issues.

Quote Originally Posted by One_Rev View Post
    Just build a second floor and add your new ride on top of that If they can put a football stadium on a second floor they surely could add a thrill ride. That way you don't have lose any rides.
    There are several examples of overlapping attractions already at Disneyland, of course (e.g. the partial overlap of Autopia, Finding Nemo, and Monorail). It's kind of unlikely that a second floor would be built on top of a "mountain" but building the new ride underground could be a possibility. Eventually, the theme park equivalent of "slant drilling" could be implemented, complete with subterranean moving walkways.

• Hit it, Skip!

Gosh this was difficult. In the end, while I don't like riding Matterhorn, I do enjoy seeing it there. I'd have to go with Splash Mountain, because for as long as I've been going to Disneyland, I've only ridden Splash maybe a total of 4 or 5 times. So not too much of an attachment there. It is interesting to consider what new sort of new and incredible ride would go into Critter Country of all places.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

Splash Mountain, it was nice knowing you!!

and they lived happily ever after

• Animation Domination

Matterhorn Bobsleds would have to go.

• Minion

Splash got my vote. One of my exes would kill me if she knew though. Out of all the times we went to Disneyland together, we never once went on Splash yet it's her all time favourite attraction. I guess I shouldn't have told her I went on it without her after I went to Club 33 . . . without her. <.<

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Big Thunder Mountain RR is my decision. As much as I love the theming, the goat trick, and the atmosphere of the ride itself, it gets anti-climatic after awhile. The Matterhorn has the two tracks to choose from, so you can change which track to go on everytime. Plus, you can see it from the 5 freeway, and it's a classic ride that has a lot of memories piled into it. Space Mountain has a beautiful soundtrack, Splash Mountain is so much fun to sing along to and hearing people's reactions when they get wet is priceless.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I'm going with BTMRR. I love all the rides but I really think they could do the most with that area. Matterhorn is probably my least favorite to ride but it's probably the most visually recognizable of the group.

• Missing an Angel

Uhh, can't we just demo Knotts instead?

I'll get back to ya.......

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    I will not vote! YOU CANNOT MAKE ME!
    Same here! I don't like the choices!! Why not get rid of Princess Fantasy Faire, or Winnie the Pooh?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I would remove Big Thunder Mountain. The roller coaster part itself is very mild at best. The only reason I like it is because of the theming and the goat. The other attractions just provide too much thrill and memories to remove. I believe something much better could replace Big Thunder and actually give the name frontierland meaning again.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Icons be damned... yank the Matterhorn.

Or better yet, just gut it and install a new Space Mountain quality roller coaster inside the shell. Then you can demo Space and build a bigass attraction in Tomorrowland.

OR

Demo the Matterhorn interior and install a cool log ride inside the old shell, then you can demo Splash and build a bigass attraction in Frontierland

OR...

Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm going with BTMRR. I love all the rides but I really think they could do the most with that area. Matterhorn is probably my least favorite to ride but it's probably the most visually recognizable of the group.

i 100% agree with aashee!

I love them all too! I really can't stand riding Matterhorn as it gives me a headache every time, but it's a classic and you just can't get rid of that snow capped mountain! YOU JUST CAN'T!

Splash is just fun and that's the only way i'll get my Song of the South music fix so that can't go either.

Space is just a great thrilling coaster and just soo different.

I could live without Big Thunder. It's a great ride, but it's just a train coaster...

I know i know...i'll be waiting for the flaming arrows now...

A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast