View Poll Results: Which ride will you demolish to make room for your new favorite ride of all time?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

43 36.44%
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds

23 19.49%
  • Space Mountain

16 13.56%
  • Splash Mountain

36 30.51%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Keepin' it calsteady

Sophie's Choice: Disneyland Style!

Let's play a game!

Let's pretend a new ride is coming to Disneyland - yea!

And this ride is guaranteed to become your very favorite ride at the park - yea! (And yes, it will fit in perfectly with the theme, quality, etc., etc. You will have absolutely nothing to complain about! There will only be love for this ride!)

But you have an important decision to make. To make room for your new favorite ride, you MUST demolish one of these old rides forever and ever - oh no!
    • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    • Matterhorn Bobsleds
    • Space Mountain
    • Splash Mountain

Which will you demolish?

• Senior Minion

Re: Sophie's Choice: Disneyland Style!

This is an evil question. Can I chose my first born and keep a ride.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Oh my gosh. Can I think about this and get back to you?

• =)

Most. Evil. MiceChat. Thread. EVER.

Meditate on this, I will. My initial reaction is the Matterhorn, despite how much I enjoy it and feel sentimentally attached to it and appreciate its historic value. Then, when I realize just how horrible that'd be, I drift over to Splash Mountain, which I sometimes have rather mixed feelings about. But then I realize how much I love some parts of the attraction - I'm building a freaking model of it! - and I have to go back to the Matterhorn. I dunno. This is tough.

I won't vote for Space or BTMRR, though. Space Mountain is just too amazing in terms of thrills and thematic relevance and music...and BTMRR is just marvelously crafted in almost every way, with a great repeatability factor, too...no way am I voting for either of those. It'll have to be the Matterhorn or Splash Mountain.

• Senior Minion

I think if I really had to answer this I'd probably go with Splash, which I adore, or BTMR, which is trully one of my very favorite attractions ever, but there's one of both everywhere. If I just went by ride quality I'd go Matterhorn, but it's too historic and it's one of a kind. Remove Space and you might as well demo TL and start over. I guess I'd be ok with either of the other two, because I can get an equivalent experience at WDW.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Also, if the new ride is a coaster vs a flume vs a new ride type it would make a big difference for me. If it's a water ride, bye bye Splash, if it's anything else I guess I would vote BTMR. Of course it's the only long train coaster, darn this is hard.
    -Walt Disney

• Showus your Larboard side

What you do is what they want to do down here in San Diego with the docks at the Port of San Diego and building a stadium for the Chargers. Just build a second floor and add your new ride on top of that If they can put a football stadium on a second floor they surely could add a thrill ride. That way you don't have lose any rides.

Mike
    Level one in Lakeside

After trying very hard to imagine how much losing each of these attractions would hurt, and in what ways, I voted for Splash Mountain. There are no good choices here, which was the point, of course--it was just slightly less difficult to imagine the park without it, probably because it's the latest of the four attractions, is less of an iconic landmark, and is not as central a landmark. Admittedly, these are not necessarily the best criteria for determining what should stay and what should go, but using any other criteria, I would not have been able to answer the question.

• Keepin' it calsteady

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Most. Evil. MiceChat. Thread. EVER.
    Ha ha ha! That's the idea.

For me, the answer is Splash Mountain because I can only ride it on hot days, which doesn't happen very often.

• =)

That's another point against Splash. Bah...just when I was leaning toward the Matterhorn again...

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Can we just put it in DCA?

By the way, I'm still thinking.

• Hello

Cool Re: Sophie's Choice: Disneyland Style!

You be

I can't choose Matterhorn because that was the first rollercoaster I have ever been on.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by bee1000 View Post
    Ha ha ha! That's the idea.

For me, the answer is Splash Mountain because I can only ride it on hot days, which doesn't happen very often.
    Well thats not really true. Most days are Splash-able.

I will not vote! YOU CANNOT MAKE ME!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Ugh, I'd have to give up splash >_<
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Proud "Dis-nerd"

Worst thread title EVER.

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/blendywee

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast