• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Disneyland College Program

Hey I just wanted to ask a question about the Disneyland college program. A rep is going to be at my school tomorrow and I plan on attending and interviewing. I was just wondering how if anybody has done the program or is currently in it and how the interview process went. I am kind of nervous but excited at the same time and just wanted to hear about some people's experiences in the program and whether or not I wanted to go through with it.

• Keep Moving Forward

Re: Disneyland College Program

I was accepted to the program last semester, but ended up turning the offer down due to my schedule. Thus, I unfortunately can't share anything about the experience, but I can tell you a bit about the process. The rep will give you an overview of the program, at the end of which you'll be given a job interview to fill out. After that, you'll be set up for a phone interview for a later date and given a web-based "interview" to do in the meantime. The phone interview is very much like a job interview you might have had in the past, so just relax and enjoy it. If the thought of going through an interview still freaks you out, I have a unique perspective you might try. "What's so bad about interviews? Somebody's asking you to talk about nothing but yourself! Who doesn't like doing that?"

At any rate, hope that helps and I hope everything goes well.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    I was accepted to the program last semester, but ended up turning the offer down due to my schedule. Thus, I unfortunately can't share anything about the experience, but I can tell you a bit about the process. The rep will give you an overview of the program, at the end of which you'll be given a job interview to fill out. After that, you'll be set up for a phone interview for a later date and given a web-based "interview" to do in the meantime. The phone interview is very much like a job interview you might have had in the past, so just relax and enjoy it. If the thought of going through an interview still freaks you out, I have a unique perspective you might try. "What's so bad about interviews? Somebody's asking you to talk about nothing but yourself! Who doesn't like doing that?"

At any rate, hope that helps and I hope everything goes well.
    Let me add to that. Talk about yourself, but generally speaking let them know what you can do for them. That's what any interviewer wants to hear. Tell them about yourself, which means your accomplishments, and how that will contribute to the position you're applying for.

• Imaginative Possibilities

I went through the program when it was first brought back in summer of 2006. It was a wonderful experience. I was able to meet so many people with so many different backgrounds. The things I learned through the program were so valuable and still use to this day. The offerings were fantastic, we were able to meet and talk to many of the executives and directors of the resort as well as do many backstage things that were offered to regular cast members. The program was able to open many many doors to express a career with the walt disney company after it was done. I HIGHLY recommend going through the program. If you have any further questions...shoot me a message id love to talk about it.
    You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

• ...TWO BITS!

Like previously said, there will be a presentation date you may attend. Fill out the application for the phone interview. Also asks what position you would like at the resort. Resumes are not required, but they will accept it if you want to provide one. You don't have to really dress up. Phone interview is from the Florida HQ, not CA. Be yourself. Be excited. Tell them what you may expect out of the program, what you expect, what you intend to do, what you expect to get out of it...

Ask questions to fully understand what you're signing up for. Many people interviewed and got accepted but realize they can't commit to the time. I spent 2 days of the week at my regular college, and 4 days of the week at Disney. They will try to work with you to make a work schedule around your class schedule. There's also a weekly class on Disneyland Resort property. I think after 2 missed class, you are released from the program.

They're offering housing now a couple blocks north on Harbor. Heard it's easy to take the bus.

There will be a few activities field trips around Disney.

You definately meet other people in other departments. It's a good thing to do. If you really like it enough, you may stay for another term to complete the other classes you couldn't do.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Kungaloosh!

Hi Jared! I'm an alumni of the WDW program, and I just got accepted into the DLR program that starts in January doing attractions. I think I had a different process since I was already considered an active cast member (my old managers kept me as seasonal). Basically, just get through your interviews, make a good impression and stay very "Disney" in your answers. Be VERY selective in the roles that you check off on the Role Checklist. Don't check off stuff you don't really want. For DLR I checked off Guest Relations, Attractions and Photopass and got Attractions. If you have Foods or merchandise checked off you're most likely going to get one of those since they'll try to fill those first. In the interview mention the roles you want the most, and why. I told them the reasons why I wanted Guest Relations (working at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom for 8 months my favorite part was playing "tour guide" with people giving them tips about the park, directions, etc) and Attraction (I can definitely play the part of creepy HM butler, or the kooky Jungle Cruise skipper).

Also, be prepared to wait for a VERY long time. I applied in August and had the telephone interview on September 4th, but due to some screw ups in the recruiting office I kept being told to fill out stuff over and over again and keep sending applications when they lost a page or two. I think me already being considered a cast member caused the issues since they kept wanting me to fill out a WDW transfer application. I barely got my acceptance packet last Thursday.

If you have any other questions, just PM me.

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Thanks to everyone that has responded. I have my interview tomorrow at 6 PM. I applied for the college program at WDW simply because they have more to offer course wise. I am looking forward to the interview but admit that I am a little nervous. Hopefully everything goes alright

• Walt Disney Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jared_dl1209 View Post
    Thanks to everyone that has responded. I have my interview tomorrow at 6 PM. I applied for the college program at WDW simply because they have more to offer course wise. I am looking forward to the interview but admit that I am a little nervous. Hopefully everything goes alright
    This post is pretty old so I'm curious how did it go

If you made it what are you doing for the park
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney