Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: What new restaurant would you put in DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Extravabonanza View Post
    Ha, ha! Not so much! But the atmosphere is great.

The atmosphere is great...
    When hinges creek in doorless chambers, and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, Whenever candlelights flicker, where the air is deathly still, That is the time when ghosts are present practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.

Welcome, foolish mortals, to the Haunted Mansion!

• I'm not really here

I think the cheaper diner offerings over in the HPB could be augmented with one really classy restaurant. I was thinking that a great option would be to have a sit down, 30s style club attached to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Kind of like a Club Obi-Wan in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Could have occasional live music and such. But that level of 30s opulence and elegance. You could even have some cool "haunted" effects from time to time done subtly above around a balcony, or down hallways that are inaccesible to tie it to the ToT. Period music, the whole works. Waiters in the white coats and all. Call it the Tower Club or something. Chandeliers, crystal everywhere.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

JiminyCricketFan, I apologize if I sounded like I was putting down the idea of themed restaurants. I love the Blue Bayou, and I think there are many great possibilities. All I meant to say was that I think attractions need to be a bigger priority at DCA at the moment. I'm only gonna go into one or two restaurants on my average day in the parks, but I'll go on many attractions.

• Senior Minion

How about some really well themed ODVs since that's all they like to build these days.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    JiminyCricketFan, I apologize if I sounded like I was putting down the idea of themed restaurants. I love the Blue Bayou, and I think there are many great possibilities. All I meant to say was that I think attractions need to be a bigger priority at DCA at the moment. I'm only gonna go into one or two restaurants on my average day in the parks, but I'll go on many attractions.
    Thanks Datameister! I agree that DCA needs better rides and attractions. I think with the new plans, Disney is taking a needed step forward to improve the offerings of rides at DCA. I just believe that with all the changes, dining experiences are not getting enough attention. I know that Disney is not going to miss putting in shops, probably too many of them. But I feel that having a fun place to have lunch or dinner, is just as important to at day at the theme park as the rides, parades and fireworks.

I don't understand how Disney could build so many wonderful dining experiences for WDW and somehow overlook them for DCA. Whether it is dinning in Africa or an aquarium, WDW offers so much more in this department. With the renovation of DCA still in the design phase, I would hope that at least one truly wonderful Disney-esque experience could be included.

Knowing how creative and imaginative the people are here at Micechat, including you Datameister, that we could find some really great concepts.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• I'm not really here

While I agree with what Data says about DCA needing better attractions right now over food... the thread isn't about which is more needed. I'm assuming a finished and successful DCA plan... now what restaurants would you like to see put in?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I think the cheaper diner offerings over in the HPB could be augmented with one really classy restaurant. I was thinking that a great option would be to have a sit down, 30s style club attached to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Kind of like a Club Obi-Wan in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Could have occasional live music and such. But that level of 30s opulence and elegance. You could even have some cool "haunted" effects from time to time done subtly above around a balcony, or down hallways that are inaccessible to tie it to the ToT. Period music, the whole works. Waiters in the white coats and all. Call it the Tower Club or something. Chandeliers, crystal everywhere.
    I LOVE that idea!!! I would help them built it!!! Although it is a little out of the way unfortunately.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• I'm not really here

It is, at the moment, but when Carsland is finished and there are additional ways to get back there and more rides past it as well as the Red Cars going to it, it won't be so out of the way.

• Oo-de-lally

I was watching one of my favorite episodes of I Love Lucy this morning and it gave me an idea for this question. It was the episode where she ate at the Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood and she threw the pie in the actors face.

The Brown Derby was a sit down restaurant with signed pictures of actors all over the walls.
    What if they built a restaurant like that in DCA. The pics on the wall could be of Walt and all the old Disney actors/actresses and pics of Disney characters. They could serve all types of food like hamburgers, sandwiches, salisbury steak, meatloaf, etc. They could have 20’s big band music playing throughout the restaurant since the theme of DCA will be when Walt first arrived in Hollywood in the 1920’s.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

It is, at the moment, but when Carsland is finished and there are additional ways to get back there and more rides past it as well as the Red Cars going to it, it won't be so out of the way.
    Well that's true. Perhaps I can hold out hope then. Although I would hope people would be sensible enough to wait awhile after eating to ride TOT.
    A little bit about me...
    First Disneyland Trip: Oct. 1989
    Mandatory first ride: POTC
    Mandatory food: Clam chowder in bread bowl & a churro (not at the same time though)
    Next trip goals:
    1) Ride the Casey Jr. Circus Train. I didn't get around to it on this past trip.
    2) Get over to TSI.
    3) Try a jalapeño/cheese pretzel. Yummy!

• The one, the only...

I think the cheaper diner offerings over in the HPB could be augmented with one really classy restaurant. I was thinking that a great option would be to have a sit down, 30s style club attached to the Hollywood Tower Hotel. Kind of like a Club Obi-Wan in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. Could have occasional live music and such. But that level of 30s opulence and elegance. You could even have some cool "haunted" effects from time to time done subtly above around a balcony, or down hallways that are inaccesible to tie it to the ToT. Period music, the whole works. Waiters in the white coats and all. Call it the Tower Club or something. Chandeliers, crystal everywhere.

I like the idea too. Maybe have the restaurant always at night as with the Blue Bayou, so some interesting lightning flashes can be added. I am thinking of the decor used in the library pre-show for TOT. Maybe add some CM's dressed as some period characters crash the show at times and do a short skit.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Addicted to Disneyhol

I would love a Sci-Fi Dine In type restaurant in cars land. It would be a perfect fit. Maybe show longer versions of the Cars versions of the Pixar movies. Those where great.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Let's see, a California CLASSIC..

In-n-Out Burger
    oooh oooh I know how about Johnny Rockets... oh wait they have that at Knott's.... oooh ooh what about Panda Express.... oh wait that Knott's link again... oooh wat about TGI Fridays... nm Knott's has it. Personally I'd hate to see any chain resturaunt in a theme park. I LOVE In-n-Out but I can get that anytime, no need to toss it into a park for brand/name recognition. If you were going the "started in California" route then you could also toss in Pizza Hut, Tommy's Burgers, Pink's Hot Dogs and Taco Bell for the same reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    How about building a replica of a giant sequoia and put a restaurant in it. Kids love tree houses. Here one could dine in a tree with maybe some animatronic squirrels and birds. Maybe a bear could show up. Have views of the park from the tree. Have a water wheel bring up water to where the restaurant is.

This thought is just inspired by the Swiss Family Robinson tree house. I always wanted to live in that place as a kid. If you cannot live there, the next best place is to have lunch or dinner there.
    So essentially a Sequoia version of Rainforest Cafe? I'd enjoy it but I can't see where they'd put it because there isn't a lot of room in that area.

This sounds possible, but not tied into ToT because Hollywood n Dine is on the other side of the theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    I was watching one of my favorite episodes of I Love Lucy this morning and it gave me an idea for this question. It was the episode where she ate at the Brown Derby restaurant in Hollywood and she threw the pie in the actors face.

The Brown Derby was a sit down restaurant with signed pictures of actors all over the walls.
    What if they built a restaurant like that in DCA. The pics on the wall could be of Walt and all the old Disney actors/actresses and pics of Disney characters. They could serve all types of food like hamburgers, sandwiches, salisbury steak, meatloaf, etc. They could have 20’s big band music playing throughout the restaurant since the theme of DCA will be when Walt first arrived in Hollywood in the 1920’s.
    I was waiting for someone to bring up the Derby... home of the Cobb salad... in honesty I miss the Derby and it's link to "classic Hollywood".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'm thinking along those lines, but more like the South Seas Club from Rocketeer or something similar. A restaurant where live jazz and swing music can be heard at a bandstand; A female singer under spotlight; a trumpet player who sings too; and maybe a photopass photographer who is in a tux that goes around taking your picture at your table... and charges the same fee as they did in the past. Just for fun.

Definitely a more high-end place that would require reservations, but it'd be great to have more class at a park like DCA.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'm thinking along those lines, but more like the South Seas Club from Rocketeer or something similar. A restaurant where live jazz and swing music can be heard at a bandstand; A female singer under spotlight; a trumpet player who sings too; and maybe a photopass photographer who is in a tux that goes around taking your picture at your table... and charges the same fee as they did in the past. Just for fun.

Definitely a more high-end place that would require reservations, but it'd be great to have more class at a park like DCA.
    You mentioned the words class and DCA in the same sentence... they're in phase 1... they'll get there eventually we just need to be patient.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast