Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink Im writing a book about DCA Titled.............

............ "DCA the first ten years"................ coming to a book store near you.........book date Summer 2012............Basiclly im looking for some concepts from the best and thats mice chat any ideas..........

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Re: Im writing a book about DCA Titled.............

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    ............ "DCA the first ten years"................ coming to a book store near you.........book date Summer 2012............Basiclly im looking for some concepts from the best and thats mice chat any ideas..........
    DCA will actually be 11 then, but ok.

• Following the Second Star

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    DCA will actually be 11 then, but ok.
    Which kind of makes sense, because if you were to release it in summer of 2011, chances are it would be more of the first nine years than the first ten

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer20k View Post
    Which kind of makes sense, because if you were to release it in summer of 2011, chances are it would be more of the first nine years than the first ten
    Not necessarily........DCA opened in Feb 01 - and summer '11 would give plenty of time to publish and release

Ok we're playing semantics here........you can release a 10 year retrospect in the 11th year........I'm just mostly messin with ya.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Ideas huh? Well... i think they're pretty all over the place. The trick is to find a way to weave it through and give people an idea of what Disneyland has been for the past 50 years prior to DCA.

Chapter 1: Disneyland -- Talk about the themes, the rules that they've applied to the resort, what ticket prices were, attendance figures, what made Disneyland TICK.

Chapter 2 and onward would be DCA and how they abandoned all of those rules and what they did to bring it back.

Maybe a chapter on each year? If you do a chapter on each year + 1 for Disneyland and then a final chapter, that'd be 12. Might make for better structure.

If you DO that, then the beginning of each chapter could be all the statistics of that year, (ticket prices, what was new, etc), and also make sure you keep Disneyland present in the book. People would like to known what was going on across the esplanade during the same time period. It'd require a lot more extra work but it'd make it a lot more worth it... and also give people who aren't timeline experts a better clue to how it was overall.

that's just a few of my thoughts. I wish you the best of luck! Looking forward to reading it. Also, if you need photos, I'm sure you could recruit many of the best right here from micechat!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Good advice Coheteboy

• Down Pluto!

...the sound of crickets.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Call it "I Parked My Car Here" by DCAFanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Not necessarily........DCA opened in Feb 01 - and summer '11 would give plenty of time to publish and release

Ok we're playing semantics here........you can release a 10 year retrospect in the 11th year........I'm just mostly messin with ya.
    You know what would be totally awesome? The first 25 years, released in 2012. Act like you came from the future, and you know what will happen. Make something up about how Walt Disney is unfrozen, and totally approves of DCA, much to people's disbelief.

THAT would be a best seller
    Last edited by Dreamer20k; 10-21-2008 at 10:48 PM. Reason: 15 years wasn't awesome enough

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

If you have a book idea, as well as a publish date, shouldn't you at least have your thesis and not be asking for it on a message board?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    If you have a book idea, as well as a publish date, shouldn't you at least have your thesis and not be asking for it on a message board?
    Looking for inspiration. Shh, don't crush the poor writer's dream.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

There are a few legalities to check out about publishing pictures of the Disneyland Resort. You would need to check with Disney about those restrictions. They sometimes allow you to publish pictures, but it depends on if you allow Disney to edit the book. You might also want to talk to other individuals who have published books about the Disney company - several do write on line articles on various web sites.

DCA book? Great idea. Good luck. I'm writing down beats for a fictional story about a family that's fallen apart over the years, but comes back together, at a Disneyland vacation. Since most stories thrive on violence and/or sex, and Disney's would have to approve to make it a movie, it's easier said than done. A Hollywood executive cringed when I pitched her the idea, but that fear of Disney makes it fertile ground. A lot of people dislike DCA, but I love it, although the carnival ride area needs improvement. The new plans for DCA look really good to me. You might try reading some of the great Disneyland books out there for ideas on how to approach the project. Don't let the negative comments by people slow you down. Just remember to never give up. Suggestion: include photos of Disney Geeks.

• Closed Account

Maybe you should give us your thoughts on what YOU want the book to be.

Do you want it to be a history? A travel guide where you describe the rides and things to do? Something filled with trivia?

Books on entire theme parks can be quite expansive, but at least you have precedents to examine for ideas. Buy Randy Bright's book "Disneyland, Inside Story" and see how that book is put together. Or get one of the souvenir books at DL. Or take a different approach, like Gordon & Mumford did in "Nickel Tour" and look at the history of the Park through postcards.

If your doing a trivia book, look at some of Kevin Yee's or Kendra Trahan's books

I agree, though--three years isn't much time really to do something with much scope, especially if you haven't yet figured out the direction you wish to go.

• Unhelpful User

Great Ideas Cohete Boy but the book will be about the unprecedented history about the park

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast