Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Goofy & Donalds luv child

Sad HELP!! Severe Disneyland Withdrawal Occuring!

Hi all, just returned from four wonderful days at the Magic Kingdom and I am so bummed to be home. My husband and kids had a blast, but think that I am truly a freak to be so depressed about being home. Also, my mean old husband won't let me start planning for the next Disney excursion yet. Am I truly psycho, or are there other Disney freaks out there that feel the same letdown after they have left?

Re: HELP!! Severe Disneyland Withdrawal Occuring!

You aren't alone. For me it's entirely normal to be planning the next vacation while on the current vacation.

The best days are spent at the park, and the rest are spent thinking about how great it'll be to be there again.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Artsy Fartsy

Quote Originally Posted by NWRREngineer
    You aren't alone. For me it's entirely normal to be planning the next vacation while on the current vacation.

The best days are spent at the park, and the rest are spent thinking about how great it'll be to be there again.
    TRUE TRUE. Iv'e been trying to get back to DL since 5/5/05.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Agreed - If I'm not already thinking about the next one while we are there, I dread the last few days of the current vacation.
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
    TRUE TRUE. Iv'e been trying to get back to DL since 5/5/05.
    Me to!! I was there then I am so crazy trying to get back on april 2006. No your not psyco, your like all of us, just trying to get to the most wonderful place we know hang in there girl, we are feeling your pain

• Minion

I haven't been there since April 04', I can't complain though, at least i've been there. But I just watch videos from Visions Fantastic, old home videos, and I listen to CDs that I burned and/or bought.

Don't tell anyone this...but I cry in a dark corner whenever I get too depressed about not being able to go to Disneyland.

• =)

As a fifth grader, I went to Disneyland for three days with my family. The day afterwards, I was so sad at school that I had to go to the office and call my mommy. I still get the same feeling, but without the blubbering and mother-calling.

That's my sentimental anecdote for the day.

• Minion

Smile Re: HELP!! Severe Disneyland Withdrawal Occuring!

Quote Originally Posted by diznyfreak4ever
    Hi all, just returned from four wonderful days at the Magic Kingdom and I am so bummed to be home. My husband and kids had a blast, but think that I am truly a freak to be so depressed about being home. Also, my mean old husband won't let me start planning for the next Disney excursion yet. Am I truly psycho, or are there other Disney freaks out there that feel the same letdown after they have left?

HI.

I had a six day trip at Disneyland and stayed at the DL Hotel and I have been back less than a week and I am planning and thinking about my next visit maybe during December...You are not alone. I am listening to my Disneyland Resort Music on CD.

• People move me

I just spent 3 days at disneyland on my last week of vaction. I am a nursing student as well and I am now in school again longing for some mouse time
    Dont be frightend, I'm just a friendly Monster....

• Shubisha

I'm stuck in Tempe personally, and I feel your pain

• Wonderful World

Ill be lucky to go next summer but me and my friends are planning a 1 day trip there in October.If they don't let me go im gonna go Sorcerer Mikey on there behinds
    I'm back MiceChat

Try watching some classic Disney dvd's or videos. That usually makes me feel better about things. There's nothin better than a good disney movie with a happy ending.

Or you could start putting all your pictures together in an album..consider scrapbooking if you don't already. At least you've got a lot of memories!!!

I always come home from trips and start to think right away about the new album from all the great pictures i've taken. It makes you forget you're not there anymore.
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Goofy & Donalds luv child

Thanks all, I watched Fantasmic on Visions Fantastic this morning and that helped a little. I also was thinking of taking a long weekend with just myself or me and the kids in January between school semesters and going back...
    We'll see how it goes. Until then, I'm just going have to play a lot of Disney music!!!

• Banned User

I new my wife was a true disney freak when she started using the phrase "Next time we come..." while currently at disneyland. Also she plans out two to three trips ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by diznyfreak4ever
    I have the same problem...I get so sad when I leave, but so does my husband. I seem to always have a trip in the works when we can afford it. I had to go over a year with no DL when my hubby was in Iraq..and you know where we went as soon as he got home and was well enough (long story, but he's all better now). I was so happy to get back to DL and have my family all together. We used to talk all the time about the trip while he was gone. It gave us all something to look forward to.

So, since you are in Mesa and I am in Phoenix....get on the freeway and come get me and we'll go right now
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast