High School Musical 3 Right Here, Right Now

Didn't it open yesterday? The new show at California Adventure and Hollywood Studios? Just wondering if anyone saw it, see if it was any good. Did anyone film it?

•   

Thumbs down Re: High School Musical 3 Right Here, Right Now

Truely, I hope it makes a quick exit. I can't stand HSM, it's really getting old...

Next year it will be "HSM 10 year reunion", 9 years early...

Die HSM, DIE!

• Banned User

Re: High School Musical 3 Right Here, Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    Truely, I hope it makes a quick exit. I can't stand HSM, it's really getting old...

Next year it will be "HSM 10 year reunion", 9 years early...

Die HSM, DIE!
    The trouble is it's not going to. It makes a ton of money for Disney, & is really popular with their desired crowd.

And yes, it did debut yesterday. I'm sure someone will have pics eventually.

• It's all about Theme!

Hate to break it, but HSM4 is in the works, with new stars.

So no, it won't die.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Not the biggest HSM fan.

But all new music, still a lot of kid interaction (and even a few adults now).

I think it was the best of the 3 DCA HSM shows I have seen, but still, once is enough.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• ...TWO BITS!

Yeah. Kinda weird I went to see HSM3 at DCA on its 1st day... I didn't intend to. Wanted to see Blue Sky Cellar which was neat. I need to go back to that. I'll eventually record HSM3 and then that's the last time I'll watch it. After the show, I was scouting the PP area (esp SunWheel & boardwalk games).

So like in the press release, it's set up more like a rock concert. A black, white, red color scheme. An interactive part of the show has about 2 guys and 2 girls from the audience be "the star" with top hats, canes, and that fluffy scarf (whatever it's called). It's cool they get a HSM3 button though. And red and white streamers still come out at the end. A few trainers/ trainees and executives out for the 1st day's show. Although the 2nd performance of the day was about 5-10 minutes late for whatever reason.

People complained about the heat, awful location (PP area), and sun in the eyes. The setup is still cool though to have a rolling stage.

Oh the the blocks of letters have been reduced to the "Right", "Here", "Right", "Now!" and contain the hat, cane, and scarf props.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post

So like in the press release, it's set up more like a rock concert. A black, white, red color scheme. An interactive part of the show has about 2 guys and 2 girls from the audience be "the star" with top hats, canes, and that fluffy scarf (whatever it's called).
    Fluffy scarf thing = feather boa

• Following the Second Star

I liked HSM 3 so I guess I'll be going over to DCA to watch the show, no matter how much it annoys my friends.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Dark Side Full

The HSM 3 show was not what my friend and I expected.

We had seen the movie opening night, and had planned on seeing the stage show at Disney's California Adventure the next day.

The previous shows had a coherent story line with dialogue among the performers before each song. The audience participation from other shows included banging on buckets, going under a Limbo bar, and learning a simple dance routine from the movie.

THIS CURRENT SHOW WAS NONE OF THE ABOVE.

It was nothing more than songs, one right after the other. If you haven't seen the movie you would have no idea what's going on. You wouldn't know that this was the cast's Senior year. My friend was selected for the Sharpay "I Want It All" section and received a button for it, but he felt awkward just standing there dressed in a top hat and holding a tap cane.

We made our concerns known to the survey takers, but were informed that IT DOESN'T COUNT UNLESS YOU ARE APPROACHED BY THEM. WE SOUGHT THE SUPERVISOR AROUND THEM, and just made our comments in a friendly, conversational manner.

That's pretty much it. Take it for all it's worth.

By the way, there was no hint of "We're All In This Together."
    *People JUDGE me too quickly...

• Shubisha

I haven't seen a single one of the HSM movies but, I enjoyed the first Pep Rally, and I hated the arrangement of School's Out. I don't really care about the faux-storyline in them as long as it flows well and doesn't get repetitive(i.e. School's Out's 3 different points where they bring up a group of kids for 'interaction' send them back, then call them up again).

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    The previous shows had a coherent story line with dialogue among the performers before each song. The audience participation from other shows included banging on buckets, going under a Limbo bar, and learning a simple dance routine from the movie.
    Quite honestly, I don't feel the dialogue helped at all. Having not seen any of the movies, the dialogue didn't help me understand it one bit. It just seemed like corny dialogue for the sake of corny dialogue more than anything else.

Oh, and I think the audience would know it's their senior year, especially since "SENIOR YEAR" is plastered on the bottom of the stage.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

I saw HSM3: Right Here, Right Now. Wasn't impressed. Still the same, basic concept as the last two, but newer songs. It is getting repetitive.

I am waiting for "HSM: Reunion: 75 years later! "

• Shubisha

I don't think the point is to have a new and exciting show like you've never seen before with each one of these updates. They're likely trying to just keep the show up to date with what the kids are watching and what's being promoted without having to create a new genre of show for each one. There are lots of differences between the shows but the structure is the same to make it easier to just switch to a new one, which likely wouldn't happen if it weren't so easy and then there'd either be nothing or the original one still going on while they're already on the 3rd movie and people complaining that it's out of date.