Thread: Scentsational

Scentsational

Driving home today, I was idling behind a truck at a stoplight. Through the air-conditioned breeze pulsing through the vents in car, there was that singular, powerful, yet delicate olfaction of diesel exhaust. And then, I was not behind the wheel of my Mazda, but for a moment, was drowning in the azure memory of the submarine lagoon. Ahhhh.... And even in the retelling, I can feel the massage of the Speedramp, beating in time to the Sunshine Balloon (?) admonishing us to "take your time; do it right" in 1980. This then was Xanadu.

• =)

Re: Scentsational

The scent of morning fog once managed to nearly drive me to tears because it was reminding me so much of several Disneyland attractions - the Matterhorn and Pirates, mostly.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the reason I spent so much time ice skating as a kid was because the rink had that damp POTC smell all the time. Ahhh, memories!
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reason I spent so much time ice skating as a kid was because the rink had that damp POTC smell all the time. Ahhh, memories!
    My aunt's basement in Illinois had that same smell. I used to love it down in that old basement! (Or was it that POTC reminded me of the scent of my aunt's basement? Interesting. I'd not thought of that!)

• Yeah.....

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Driving home today, I was idling behind a truck at a stoplight. Through the air-conditioned breeze pulsing through the vents in car, there was that singular, powerful, yet delicate olfaction of diesel exhaust. And then, I was not behind the wheel of my Mazda, but for a moment, was drowning in the azure memory of the submarine lagoon. Ahhhh.... And even in the retelling, I can feel the massage of the Speedramp, beating in time to the Sunshine Balloon (?) admonishing us to "take your time; do it right" in 1980. This then was Xanadu.
    Uh, I think you should stop sniffing fumes while driving -If you have hallucinations like that in the car, you should bring a bucket of gas into the living room, close the blinds, throw on a Grateful Dead CD or in your case Disney music, sit on the couch, and fully "experience" what can be done with disney on the brain

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

I went to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory a couple nights ago and the smells reminded me of Gibson Girl and all of the candy stores

• Banned User

I had a chap-stick a long time ago that I used at one of my first visits at Disneyland. When I used it at home it always reminded me of being in the park, especially Main Street.

• E T1CK3T

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    The scent of morning fog once managed to nearly drive me to tears because it was reminding me so much of several Disneyland attractions - the Matterhorn and Pirates, mostly.
    If you're having the mornings that I've been experiencing in So Cal, then you must be crying ALOT, Data! It's been really foggy almost every morning the past week or so... it does remind me alot of Pirates!

Truck exhaust totally reminds me of the trams...I love it. And today I had a whiff of the that smell in the Indy cue.... Mmmm.

We're such nerds....
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Senior Minion

Almost every time I leave my house I smell something that reminds me of DL. There are several smells that I pick up. There's the wet smell Data pointed out, I must have a few bushes and trees nearby that they have at DL, because I notice those, I also notice diesel and CNG smells that remind me of DL. It's strange, but my neighborhood has many DL smells.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney