Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Few Splash Mountain Questions..

Alright
    1. Is it me or the Singing Frogs in the "How do ya do" room have lazy/retarded eyes that look like they are broken?

2. Is brer rabbit on the hand cart really the most expensive AA ever assembled? (ive heard it was about 1.2 million to construct....)

3. Does that owl at the end ever show you your picture or is it broken?
    Last edited by BrerRyan; 10-27-2008 at 04:04 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Few Splash Mountain Questions..

Quote Originally Posted by BrerRyan View Post
    Alright
    1. Is it me or the Singing Frogs in the "How do ya do" room have lazy/retarded eyes that look like they are broken?
    Didn't notice this...

2. Is brer rabbit on the hand cart really the most expensive AA ever assembled? (ive heard it was about 1.2 million to construct....)
    Where is he in a hand cart? There's the foxes and cats in the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah scene, that are sitting in a cart. But, I can't think of where Brer Rabbit is in a cart... And I find it hard to believe that a small AA like this would cost more than, say... Jack Sparrow in POTC or Mr. Potato Head in Midway Mania!, who can remove and replace his own ear (this is a first!), among other talents.

I'd love to hear the answer for this from someone in-the-know, though.

He has been working for quite some time, now. At least, when I'm there (about once or twice a month).

• Troublemaker

Alright

1. Yes, they do look like they have lazy eyes, however they always did back when they were in America Sings, so I think they're supposed to be that way. Maybe the eyes are supposed to roll around a bit more when the heads move, though.

2. That's an old animatronic from America Sings (used to be in the Out West portion of the show), so I highly doubt it. The Auctioneer in Pirates and Lincoln alone are far, far more expensive.

3. As I haven't been on Splash for a while, I'm not sure. It was broken last time I went.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Where is he in a hand cart? There's the foxes and cats in the Zip-a-dee-doo-dah scene, that are sitting in a cart. But, I can't think of where Brer Rabbit is in a cart...
    2/3 of the way through the "How do ya do" scene, directly above you as you go down the bump on the way to the "Why don't you bring me along" gator.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

The rabbit with hand cart is not Brer Rabbit. As has been mentioned, this AA is from the Western scene in America Sings where they show the rabbit with the hand cart going across the stage. And then he goes off stage behind some rocks where you heard him crashing into a train accompanied by lighting effects.

Man I really miss America Sings.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

Alright
    Hey BrerRyan -- welcome to MiceChat! I'd like to kindly ask you to watch your language. The word "retarded" in that context is most certainly hate speech and I'm sure there's another word to suit the frogs.

We have the same frogs with the googly eyes in WDW and I've always found them to look distracting and out of place. They're made in such a different style that the rest of the AAs.

• =)

Just FYI, guys...it's handcar, not handcart.

I definitely didn't know the rabbit up there was from America Sings, though. I guess I'll have to pay more attention! Thanks for the info.

EDIT:

The word "retarded" in that context is most certainly hate speech and I'm sure there's another word to suit the frogs.
    While it was a poor choice of words on his part, "most certainly hate speech" is a bit extreme. Hate speech is defined on answers.com as "bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group." All he did was draw a comparison between the appearance of the AAs' eyes and what he thinks retarded people's eyes look like. As I said, definitely poor taste, but he never made any judgments about the worth of people with mental handicaps.

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The rabbit with hand cart is not Brer Rabbit. As has been mentioned, this AA is from the Western scene in America Sings where they show the rabbit with the hand cart going across the stage. And then he goes off stage behind some rocks where you heard him crashing into a train accompanied by lighting effects.

Man I really miss America Sings.
    At Disneyland, the AS animatronic was turned into Brer Rabbit (and is missing the other character that used to be on the car)... however, like you said, it wasn't originally a Brer... anything. ;-)

• E T1CK3T

He's new to the boards, give him a little slack here. He still has to learn the ways of the boards and Internet delicacies.

As for the questions... I can only say that I know the owl picture displaying has been working the past couple of times I've been... my last visit was about 2 and a half weeks ago, so fairly recent. It wasn't working for a LONG time though.

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    While it was a poor choice of words on his part, "most certainly hate speech" is a bit extreme. Hate speech is defined on answers.com as "bigoted speech attacking or disparaging a social or ethnic group or a member of such a group." All he did was draw a comparison between the appearance of the AAs' eyes and what he thinks retarded people's eyes look like. As I said, definitely poor taste, but he never made any judgments about the worth of people with mental handicaps.
    People with handicaps are a social group -- it's a classification of ability. Under the law, people are protected from harassment and discrimination due to disability. This legal and nationally recognized protection makes the speech technically "hate speech" and unnecessary in the context of this conversation. BrerRyan was saying that the frogs looked broken, lazy and retarded, words that didn't need to go together. As someone with mentally handicapped people in their family, nothing looks broken or lazy about them, promise! Tossing around words that are disparaging to people with handicaps is unfair and hateful, even in a virtual community.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Not taking sides here, but I would really appreciate it if you could take these conversations into a PM or something.

Thanks.

• Keep Moving Forward

I think the other questions have been answered sufficiently, but I'll give my own take on question three. I too have heard from friends that the screen never works. Yet I rode through Splash Mountain many times this summer and beyond (emphasize the world "many") and I only saw it down two or three times. Maybe I just have good luck or something, but it has been working for me.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

the "hate word" should have been taken to pm.... you are just making it worse by repeating it over and over again gracey....

and everyone beat me to the answer about the c a r (t)... #2
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• Conductor on Retlaw 1 Car

Isn't it a pump car. I haven't ridden the ride in a long time.
    I was a few minutes away from Hong Kong Disneyland and didn't make it but got this cool picture though

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tractor View Post
    Isn't it a pump car.
    Pump car and handcar are synonymous, I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast