View Poll Results: Where To Put The Astro Orbitor?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Back Up On The Tower Above The Former PeopleMover Loading Station

104 85.25%
  • Leave It At Ground Level In Tomorrowland's Entryway

3 2.46%
  • Gut Out Innoventions Bldg. And Place It Inside w/ Special Effects

9 7.38%
  • On Top Of Space Mountain

4 3.28%
  • On Top Of Matterhorn Mountain

3 2.46%
  • On Top Of Old Smokey

6 4.92%
  • On Top Of TDI Building

4 3.28%
  • On Top Of A Monorail So That It Travels Along With It

5 4.10%
  • Under Water Inside The Sub Lagoon

8 6.56%
  • Other

6 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Where To Put The Astro Orbitor?

There seems to be a bone of contention as whether to leave the Astro Orbitor at ground level in Tomorrowlands entryway, or to place it back up on the tower - above the former PeopleMover loading station. Please vote, and you are encouraged to discuss your view as well, should you so desire.

In the poll, I have concocted some other possibilities where it might be placed as well. Again, you are welcome to suggest your own.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-07-2005 at 02:03 AM.

• Small Projects Team

Re: Where To Put The Astro Orbitor?

I selected other. I like the clock/satellite dish tower the way it is right now. It'd be cool if they made the astro orbiter higher but leave it in the same place, it's a good entrance symbol to tomorrowland

• Iron-Clad Allie

Raising the AO in it's current location is certainly a unique suggestion! It could still soar above the former PM track there.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Blow it up, along with the Rocks that should have been removed by now! Just kidding, on top of the Old People Mover station make it a much more fun and exciting ride, like maybe worth the wait!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• white and nerdy

hmmm.. I say just get rid of it. but then again I say alot of stuff that should be ignored.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

How about:

Put it on top of Eisner's head .. and twist him around .. till the millions he got out of Disney falls out of his pockets .. and be spread out across Tomorrowland .. to refund it .. for a rebuild?!

Astro Orbitor/Rocket Jets belongs in one place .. and one place only - back where it should have never been pulled from: Ontop of the Peoplemover loading station.

• Minion

>>and be spread out across Tomorrowland .. to refund it <<

Heh-hee .... that's a freudian slip. I meant to say: "Fund it." Refund is a good one, since Tomorrowland was essentially "robbed" for it's needed moneys for a proper renovation .. and instead lined his pockets better - As if he ain't a multi millionaire several hundred times over.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Right on, Escape. On top of Eisner's head is the perfect place for it! Your new spin on the ride would prove lucrative and drive Eisner into the ground (where he belongs) at the same time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Another location prospect for the Astro Orbitor might be where Cosmic Waves is currently locared. Then it could be placed in an elevated position, along with a new loading area. The fountains beneath it could be turned on again, and some sort of aesthetically pleasant barrier placed around the orb.

• insufferable know-it-all

Novel thought, that. But wouldn't it then become the same traffic obstruction that the Cosmic Waves planters were?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Novel thought, that. But wouldn't it then become the same traffic obstruction that the Cosmic Waves planters were?
    It's possible. Imagineering would have to work it out. Nevertheless, the ideal locale is in it's original elevated position above the PeopleMover station. The vast majority of those polled so far agree on this point.

• out & about

I was always taught to go with my first instinct. For instance, while taking a multiple choice test in school i was told by my teachers as a general rule of thumb, after i got the problem worked out (even if i didnt know the answer), to go with my first thought. The imagaineers that first worked on the re-invented tomorrowland knew what they were doing and placed attractions in a manner that best fit the land. after working through their problem they made the best decision they could and placed the rockets on top of the people mover platform. this solution worked well without hardly any flaws. fast forward to the late 90's and enter the beurocrats. their makeover revealved the reversal of good fortune. It should have been clear that the rockets werent placed in the middle of the entrance because it would have caused a traffic jam. o.g. imagineers had the forsight see the whole of a situation and not just what looked good on paper (velum or check register). hasnt anyone ever seen a floorplan of a house that looked great in the brochure but then walked through and noticed that the layout didnt work? it takes great skill to know what will work in reality and what only appears to work on paper (im sure in the 60s the idea of putting an attraction at the entrance of the land was brought up and undoubtally shot down). now if they had started from scratch on TL in 98 and redesigned the whole thing from the ground up perhaps the astro orbiter would have worked. but given the esthetics of the 60s TL they should have stuck with the first instinct of imagineers past by keeping the rockets in their original home atop the peoplemover. this proves that an essential aspect of design is function.

i vote to put the rockets back where they came from unless they plan on reinventing TL in a major way... oh yeah get rid of those stupid rocks too. Freak!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• out & about

and judging by the results of the poll so far there doesnt seem to be any contention over the desired location of the rockets.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Who's your DaddyB?

yeah I was wondering about that "bone of contention".

(I thought that was in your elbow)
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Artsy Fartsy

I liked it were it as origionally. Put it back!!!

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast