Thread: Tips?

Tips?

I'm probably going to head to Disneyland solo tomorrow to take advantage of the $50 off a Premiere Pass offer I received in the mail. Does anyone have any tips they might want to offer? Suggestions on things to do, what to expect, things to make the day go better, etc would be great.

Also, I believe that I'm supposed to be able to get a refund on my parking when purchasing my pass... where do I request that?

Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

• =)

Re: Tips?

Nothing concrete...just take it really, really easy. Approach everything with a laid-back mood and roll with the punches. If you feel like riding a certain attraction, just do it. If you get a crazy idea of something you wouldn't normally get to do with other people, just do it! If you get lonely, try striking up non-creepy conversations with other guests or CMs. If it's an emergency, calls to friends or family are allowed. Bottom line...don't allow the slightest hint of stress infiltrate your day. Just have a good time no matter what.

• We Want The Redhead

I got the refunded parking as a deduction on my purchase of the pass. If you want to ride, both Indiana Jones and Splash mountain will let you jump to the head of the line as a single rider. On Indy, you need to get a special pass from a CM at the front entrance, but you'll also get to use the elevator to get to the loading platform. At Splash Mountain, simply enter through the exit.
    If it's people watching your after, there's no better place than the porch in front of the old 'Wizard of Bras' shop on Main Street.
    Enjoy!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    I got the refunded parking as a deduction on my purchase of the pass. If you want to ride, both Indiana Jones and Splash mountain will let you jump to the head of the line as a single rider. On Indy, you need to get a special pass from a CM at the front entrance, but you'll also get to use the elevator to get to the loading platform. At Splash Mountain, simply enter through the exit.
    If it's people watching your after, there's no better place than the porch in front of the old 'Wizard of Bras' shop on Main Street.
    Enjoy!
    Oh, thanks. I didn't realize that you could request a single rider pass on Indiana or enter through the exit on Splash Mountain. Great tips! Haven't been to Disneyland in a few years so I'm looking forward to it.

• 11/7/08 Fantasmic Returns

When you park at the structure you will get charged the $12 to park. You take that ticket and your coupon to any main ticket window. There you will pay whatever the cost of the pass is minus the $12, and the $50. From there you enter the park, head to the annual pass center, and they will process you and give you your pass on the spot.

As far as what to do, just have fun. There is plenty to do alone. Definatly take advantage of the single rider on Indy. Also now that you will have a pass, head to DCA and go on all the single rider rides there also.

Here is a little know tip for DCA: If you want to ride the rapids ride (Grizzly River Run), you can store anything you dont want to get wet in a locker next to the ride for free! You get the first two hours of a locker rental at that location free. Only thing is you have to fit it in a small locker. I do it all the time to put my wallet, phone, cash, camera etc in when I ride. The lockers are just to the north of the ride entrance. If you cant locate them, ask a cast member.
    ....You think your so powerful? Well this is my dream....

• is enjoying a ukulele.

Last time I was by myself in the park, I decided at the last minute to take the Happiest Haunts tour. It's nice hanging out with a big group of people and checking out some cool things about the park. It's a fair substitution for whatever group you usually go to DLR with. I also had the chance to attend my first meet, so that was cool hanging out with a bunch of other people enthusiastic about the rides as I was. Never feel like you're alone when you're in Disneyland, that's for sure.