Thread: AP or not AP?

AP or not AP?

hey all-
    I am just seeking a bit of advice about becoming an AP. My wife and I being from Sacramento generally make it down to the park 1 or 2 times a year and typically stay for 2 days each time. based on current ticket prices of 143 for a 2 day park hopper do you think its worth it for the extra cost for the AP? I'm leaning towards the premium so that we can hit up the Christmas holiday and weekends. Additionally the inclusion of parking means that we could feasible stay a bit further away (ie cheaper hotels) and drive into the park and not have to pay to park the car. Plus the 15% discounts are enticing.

What do you all think? Any other benefits I am missing?

I assume though that the annual pass remains valid for 1 year from the date of purchase and would need to be renewed at full price at the conclusion of the year.

• Senior Minion

Re: AP or not AP?

I'm not sure in your case. It sounds like you're right about at the line where is might pencil out, but it will depend on how much stuff you buy and if you really need the parking. There's also many other options for discount tickets including the Costco delux AP deal, which you can upgrade, but unless you really need those holiday days and parking it's probably not worth going to Premium. Many people also get one premium per family to get the parking and discounts.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney