Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: It's A Small World!!! Looks like it is opening on Friday November 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Thank you DarkBeer for the initial report, and thank you Aladdin for the reminder, because I didn't catch the initial report. What I would like to know is... are they planning a soft opening?
    Well, I post information on this thread, and people don't read it!

Let me quote myself again... (Post #6)

In fact there are strong rumors of a soft opening starting around the 17th, so they can get the CM's trained with some slow weekdays, and to find any bugs that need to be fixed prior to the 21st.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No need to get snarky... the report was for many months that it would open on Nov 29th. So what he says is correct. It has just been updated as of Oct 6th by Disney. That's all.
    I think the issue is more about timing, I posted the link to the recent Press Release around 6:30 AM showing that Disney stated November 21st as the opening date.

Then Luke came in about 25 minutes later with the older date (and yes, Disney did say November 29th for quite awhile) and said the "latest reports".

So I came back to clarify that the latest report was November 21st, not the 29th, to make it clear to all the readers what the correct date is.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I think the issue is more about timing,
    Yeah... but I was more commenting about the "mystery rumors from a 13 year old" thing.

It is true though that you post away with things like this and it seems like they are invisible as no one reads them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I like Turtles!

Yeah... but I was more commenting about the "mystery rumors from a 13 year old" thing.

It is true though that you post away with things like this and it seems like they are invisible as no one reads them.
    I think the problem here lies with a 13 year old acting like he knows something that Disney doesn't know. I actually do think it's more of an insult to intelligence. Disney had already announced Small World opening in time for the Holiday Celebration and someone says "According to his reports" Small World is opening later??!! Things that make you go hmmmmm!

Considering that there are some people (I'm not naming names) that said that Small World wouldn't be open at all for the Holidays.....

...why quarrel about the exact November date ??

I remember last Spring (Summer?) people who swore that the renovation wouldn't be done in time, and Disneyland wouldn't bother going to the trouble of bringing Small World back just for the Holidays, only to go down again in January.......

I kept saying that if the Park committed themself to an actual date, they were obligated to stay as close to that date (give or take a few days, weeks?) as possible.

But why rehash old fueds ??? Let's just celebrate that (for once?) Disney does exactly what they say they were gonna do for the better part of 10? months !!!!!

...Unless of course bugs are found, I wonder what kind of delays are in-store if they do find anything irregular during testing ????

Nevermind, that ride is going to open for the Holidays bugs or not !!!!!!

I, for one, never expected perfection anyway !!!!!

• "I Break Things"

Well, I post information on this thread, and people don't read it!
    ... thank you

I try to skip over the negativity and somehow I ended up missing that comment.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Undead_Turtle View Post
    And just what latest reports might that be? Another case of someone who just pretends to be in the know. If Disney announces that Small World is going to be open along with the kick off of the Holiday Season, just what makes you think you know something that Disney doesn't. They have already people scheduled for Small World shifts along with trainers. They have been on a test and adjust schedule now and for the next couple of weeks which is basically a fine tuning before opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Yeah, I think I'm going to believe the press releases Darkbeer showed from Disney other than some mysterious "report" from a 13 y/o kid.
    I think the problem here lies with a 13 year old acting like he knows something that Disney doesn't know. I actually do think it's more of an insult to intelligence. Disney had already announced Small World opening in time for the Holiday Celebration and someone says "According to his reports" Small World is opening later??!! Things that make you go hmmmmm!
    Is all this really necessary? He made a mistake. Doesn't matter if he is 13 or 31 or 103... a mistake is a mistake. The reference was the last report he had heard so he may not have read what Darkbeer had posted. The excessive sarcasm and criticism are factors that can turn people off to Micechat, or cause some to withdraw and not post. Please think about that before posting.

• I'm not really here

Thanks Tech, that's what I was trying to get across in my post about that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I like Turtles!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Is all this really necessary? He made a mistake. Doesn't matter if he is 13 or 31 or 103... a mistake is a mistake. The reference was the last report he had heard so he may not have read what Darkbeer had posted. The excessive sarcasm and criticism are factors that can turn people off to Micechat, or cause some to withdraw and not post. Please think about that before posting.
    How about just coming out and saying "I heard that it was supposed to the 29th" as opposed to "According to the LATEST REPORTS I read" ? To me that is just an insult to intelligence. If the OP saw that on Disney.com took Small World off the rehab list and also it was posted here that Disney even stated that Small World was coming up for Holidays, why post something contrary to Disney? Maybe a "Wow, I thought it was coming up later" would have been better.

• =)

How about just coming out and saying "I heard that it was supposed to the 29th" as opposed to "According to the LATEST REPORTS I read" ? To me that is just an insult to intelligence. If the OP saw that on Disney.com took Small World off the rehab list and also it was posted here that Disney even stated that Small World was coming up for Holidays, why post something contrary to Disney? Maybe a "Wow, I thought it was coming up later" would have been better.
    So what you're trying to say is that it's very important to consider not only what one says, but how one says it, too? Seems to me he's not the only party in this discussion who could learn a little from that...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Actually, Disney officially announced this weeks ago in a Press Release (October 2nd).

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/mon...otos-tips.html

THANKS DARKBEER! You are always on top of all the info about DL!

And I'm sorry I missed a good portion of your update from the beginning of October.

That's why I'm asking for any information that I might have missed, and information that we do not currently have in the Summary of all the Holiday Events.

Just placed the Holiday Tracker on Last night - and even as I was getting the Holiday Tracker typed up, NEW Christmas Topics were already popping up - some of which I had never heard about before.

And even though I follow DL closely, I do miss some things. That's part of the reason why I wanted to created a Holiday Tracker - So that we could have one place to get an overview of all the Holiday events and entertainment, as a sort of Table of Contents for ALL the various Christmas topics.

Sometimes, If I don't see a Topic by itself, about something major happening at DL, I miss the information. So, now that there is a topic, and with substantiated info from Darkbeer and the Disney Press Release, specifically for the Re-Opening of Small World. And it can be used to check for information on soft openings, as well as to make sure to let everyone else know, who might have somehow missed the information, like I did.

So, Thanks again to Darkbeer, your keen eye is very much appreciated!

And again, for anyone who does have Updated Information, New news on Holiday entertainment, please update us in the holiday tracker and Start Threads for Entertainment items that we don't know about!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

This post is getting way off topic!
    Please stop bashing other members and get back to the actual topic at hand.
    The ride reopens Nov. 21. That's been established and THAT is what this thread is about!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    This post is getting way off topic!
    Please stop bashing other members and get back to the actual topic at hand.
    The ride reopens Nov. 21. That's been established and THAT is what this thread is about!!
    Yeah what she said... thank you.

BACK ON TRACK PEOPLE!!!
    Last edited by techskip; 10-28-2008 at 08:42 PM.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Darkbeer didn't type that though. SirClinksalot did.

Just sayin'.

Anyways. glad "it's a small world" is opening up again soon.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

How long will it take them to switch it to the regular IASW after the holiday overlay? Same 2-3 weeks?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast