Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: It's A Small World!!! Looks like it is opening on Friday November 21, 2008

Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them!

(hopefully the sarcasm was detected)

• "I Break Things"

Can't wait to rockout to the classic Small World music!
    [note end sarcasm here!]
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    How long will it take them to switch it to the regular IASW after the holiday overlay? Same 2-3 weeks?
    The Disney Calendar shows that both Haunted Mansion and Small World go down on January 5, 2009 to transition from Holiday mode.

Unfortunately, the Disney Calendar does not show the opening date for either attraction. At the current moment it show both attractions in refurbishment from Jan 5 thru Jan 31, and no February calendar has been released, yet. It is possible that they just did not place the reopening date on the calendar yet - SO if any cast member knows the re-opening date of either or both attratctions, please let us know. Thanks!

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate them!

(hopefully the sarcasm was detected)

Alright, alright, I know this thread has already been derailed a few times, but I must comment on this.

Luke, don't feel bad, bud! You are an excellent member to the MC community.

It's just that in this case you were a little hasty with a reply, and you received criticism for that reply.

But otherwise, most of your posts are very accurate - and I appreciate your involvement with MC.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I Luke's defense, Disney.com has cited incorrect information on the refurbishment schedule before.

Sometimes, it is hard to keep up with every last bit of up-to-date information here, simply because there is a lot of it, with so many members and so many threads, and one only has so much time in the day.

In the end, for this board to remain harmonious, we must all read and type here with open minds and be careful in how we phrase things - in terms of most things we discuss here, it is based upon speculation, so anyone could end up being wrong

I'm thrilled that Disney is ahead of schedule. I think it just goes to show that if they really want to, they can create something new and exciting for us in the parks fairly fast (though there are gray areas, like what happened during the sub's construction). I'm going to Disneyland with some friends that day, specifically so that we can enjoy the holiday offerings.

I wonder about all of the new stuff...are we going to see the beefed-up new Hello! and Goodbye! areas?

• Sock Puppet

I miss that ride, i dont find the song to be contagious or irritating. That is ride is a piece of art.

I know I'm coming into this a little late but the information Luke gave is actually exactly what you would get from any cast member, the cast member reference guide that says the dates of current and upcoming refurbs and closures still has 11/29 listed at the opening date for IASW.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    I know I'm coming into this a little late but the information Luke gave is actually exactly what you would get from any cast member, the cast member reference guide that says the dates of current and upcoming refurbs and closures still has 11/29 listed at the opening date for IASW.
    Yes, that was exactly what I was stating my info from.

• Circle of Ancients

Honestly,

As much as I LOVE It's a Small World Holiday, I really wish they were just re-opening the ride without the overlay in November and not closing it again 1 1/2 months later. It's been closed WAY too long already.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Honestly,

As much as I LOVE It's a Small World Holiday, I really wish they were just re-opening the ride without the overlay in November and not closing it again 1 1/2 months later. It's been closed WAY too long already.
    True... but for some reason to me it doesn't scream HOLIDAYS without IASW in a holiday overlay! That always puts me in the holiday mood, even if it is early. I am willing to accept a small downtime shortly after because of the willingness to open if for the holidays.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Circle of Ancients

I hear ya Tech, I LOVE the overlay too. But I actually miss IASW.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The Disney Calendar shows that both Haunted Mansion and Small World go down on January 5, 2009 to transition from Holiday mode.

Unfortunately, the Disney Calendar does not show the opening date for either attraction. At the current moment it show both attractions in refurbishment from Jan 5 thru Jan 31, and no February calendar has been released, yet. It is possible that they just did not place the reopening date on the calendar yet - SO if any cast member knows the re-opening date of either or both attratctions, please let us know. Thanks!
    Thanks for the info!

• Animation Domination

I haven't gone on IASW in a very long time. The last time I probably went on it was back in 2004. It's a great ride, but not my favorite one.

IASW means a lot to me and now that I have children, it means even more. I really want to take them on it..it has been WAY WAY too long! Our youngest has never even been on it. I love the holiday mode; it's the best and yes it just doesn't feel like Christmas w/o it, for me. (Sorry if that's too political or what have you but we do celebrate the holidays and Christmas.)

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    True... but for some reason to me it doesn't scream HOLIDAYS without IASW in a holiday overlay! That always puts me in the holiday mood, even if it is early. I am willing to accept a small downtime shortly after because of the willingness to open if for the holidays.
    Amen to that! It isn't Christmas until iasw is decked out and lit.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast