Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Goofy

Re: It's A Small World!!! Looks like it is opening on Friday November 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Amen to that! It isn't Christmas until iasw is decked out and lit.

Amen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scotprincess View Post
    I know I'm coming into this a little late but the information Luke gave is actually exactly what you would get from any cast member, the cast member reference guide that says the dates of current and upcoming refurbs and closures still has 11/29 listed at the opening date for IASW.

This is true,

also people need to consider that maybe the person responded to the first post on the thread before realizing that DArkbeer had posted the updated date.

Many of us try to respond to posts as they are read and then realize someone else has already answered them.

As for the opening of IASW. Many people internally at Disney knew that it would open before the original date posted on Disneyland.com . As a matter of fact if people od a search in other sites they will come across mentions of the November 21 date as far back as August.

They were aheah of schedule but still maintained the original date on all internal paperwork in case something happen that required the extra time.

Darkbeer is correct in saying that even the November 21 date might be pushed forward a few days with unannounced soft openings.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

As Disney says ALL the time, they reserve the right to change entertainment schedules at any time. And Disney sends out information in different ways, at different times, to different people. Disney gives out information to cast member in certain ways, and certain cast members would be privileged to different info depending on which projects they have access to. And not all cast members will get the information at the same time, or may not be aware of most recent updates.

The press is communicated to in a different way than Cast members. And not all the press will pay attention to all press releases issued by Disney, Or even be invited to the press events that Disney holds. Even travel agents get certain special meetings, as seen in some reports here in micechat. Sometime information willl not agree for MANY different reasons. Disney communicates with fans in various ways and on their website on various attractions and shows, and in the past there have been errors on Disneys online calendars.

With new attractions, and refurbished attractions, they may open early or late for a myriad of reasons. Remember when Space Mt was closed for its rebuild, and Cast members were working at that attraction and didn't know that it was being closed down that day?!?! A complete surprise! Or when Screamin had brake issues? Or issues with Rocket Rods? Or when All of Frontierland was blocked off, due to the accident? Not even Disneyland is a perfect world and sometime things will open earlier than expected, sometime attractions won't open at all. So, in short, Schedules Change.

The closer to the source, and the more recent the news, both play a part on how reliable it is. But Disney issuing a press release is solid current info. If Disney doesn't release the information to cast members prior to the press release, cast members don't necessarily have the most current info. If no information has been released, but happens every single year, we just have to ask for the info, and wait for someone to be informed on the details for this year.

If you are assuming something based on what was heard 6 months ago, then say so. If it was in a press release yesterday, say so and point to it. That way we know what info is current and what is old news. Also include from where or whom you heard the info, and don't assume that it hasn't changed. Sometimes posts are made to sound Factual, when that person isn't a cast member, hasn't seen a press release, or even looked on the Disney website for confirming info is timely and still accurate. The source is important to know how reliable the info is, or if someone is just throwing random guesses in the air. It all helps build credibility.

Thanks again to Darkbeer for pointing out the press release from the beginning of October, as well as his update immediatley after. If cast members see or hear more recent info, we definitely want to know about it. Oftentimes Cast members get a glimpse of things earlier than the general public, and can fill us in on additional details. Or sometimes attractions have soft openings, but not always. And if any guests get a chance to go on Small World prior to Nov 21, we definitley want to know.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 10-29-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Looking forward to It's a Small World. What's this controversial news about the ride I keep hearing about? Are they going to replace any of the children animatronics?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Mother-In-Law was wondering when it would be opening and I told her "Around Thanksgiving..." She was happy about that - and so am I. IASW has always been one of my favorite attractions at Disneyland.......such a relaxing time.......and now that I am a Dad, my son really enjoys it! It's been the better part of a year that it's been 'down' and my son has grown a lot in that time......so it will almost be a brand new experience for him and I'm very excited to see his reaction to it!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Ok if it opens the 21st I think I can make it down and back before early AM the 22nd... Question is if I really want to just for Its a Small World... lol..
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by pixie magic View Post
    Looking forward to It's a Small World. What's this controversial news about the ride I keep hearing about? Are they going to replace any of the children animatronics?
    Check Al's most recent article at Miceage, the Small World info is on Page 3:

Here is the link

Small World opens with the Christmas overlay, and supposedly without the additional Disney Characters, so we won't really see all the changes to the sets until after the Holiday overlay is taken down. And we don't know that date, yet. So stay tuned, never now when we might find out.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks again to Darkbeer for keeping us informed about Small World - as he mentioned above, and repeated in his weekly report, there is a good chance of a soft openings sometime between November 17th and the 20th!

Don't expect earlier than the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    I haven't gone on IASW in a very long time. The last time I probably went on it was back in 2004. It's a great ride, but not my favorite one.

...maybe it would help if they put a drop in that got you soaking wet?

just a thought <g>

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I with darkbeer soft open may happen on the Nov 17th.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Animation Domination

Cuddles McHenry Wrote:

...maybe it would help if they put a drop in that got you soaking wet?

just a thought <g>
    You know that if I want to get soaking wet I'll just go on Splash Mountain and be the first one on the log.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am very glad to see that we'll be getting IASW back soon. I've missed it, as have most DL fans, for almost a year now.

I also love the holiday overlay as others have expressed.

And I believe Darkbeer has made reference to the regular Small World having a grand re-opening in February.

And I also thank you, David, for the work you do on those updates.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• ShovelyBubblyGobblyGook

yes! I dont care what anyone says: you gotta love a ride that creeps you out a little some times lol

ok not really...that red headed mermaid is my arch nemesis. She scares the living frank outta me! *shuders*

• 47 SMīs in 2 days baby !

If you believe the disneyland.com calendar, iasw reopens Friday February 6, 2009

But really with the new characters? So soon?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast