Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Exclamation DCA-After Cars Land is Done in 2012 will there be ...........

...............More Space for Expansion...........
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 10-28-2008 at 10:05 AM.

Re: DCA-After Cars Land is Done in 2012 will there be ...........

Didn't you just answer your own question?

• Circle of Ancients

I'm sure eventually something will be done, but let's get through the next 4 years first.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I think the question is "Will be there open space left for new attractions after Cars Land?"

And the answer is, pretty much no.

But then you have some underused areas, such as the former Hollywood and Dine building, the former Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It! building and other attractions that can close down and be replaced. The film attractions are obvious for being an easier switchover.

So will DCA (or whatever the new name of the park will be in 2012) be landlocked?

The answer is basically yes, some backstage stuff could be relocated to open up some space, but no large amounts of empty land (aka parking lot).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Dave

Blog Entries

By the time they complete DCA. It will be time to go back to DL and work on areas such as Star Tours. I think DCA after 2012 will be preety darn good for some time
    Dave

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

I think DCA will be set after the completion of the expansion, even though there could be some work done on the HPB, such as retheming it like the new entrance plaza they are planning, like a Sunset Boulevard or something in that nature.

As for DL, there isn't really anything they need to work on, except maybe Tomarrowland. They need to work on Star Tours, then get rid of HISTA (or replace it), then put back the Peoplemover (please don't theme it to the Incredibles), and then put the Astro Orbitor back on the top of the Observation Tower where it belongs. And...that is pretty much it.

• Senior Minion

They are still going to have a little parking lot left, and there are lots of little places still available for attractions, plus the work of phase 2 should come after CL, which is supposed to be the rest of the Grizzly and Hollywood area retheme. There's also a lot of space to rearrange the backstage areas behind PP if they abandon the DL drive connection or even make it one lane. Also, there's BL which I would hope goes away one day soon too, but who knows about that one.

My guess is that there will be a break for a bit when CL opens, and then DCA will go right back under construction for a few more years of major work. After that I think they'll go back to a more traditional model of adding attractions individually every year or two.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I think DCA will be set after the completion of the expansion, even though there could be some work done on the HPB, such as retheming it like the new entrance plaza they are planning, like a Sunset Boulevard or something in that nature.

As for DL, there isn't really anything they need to work on, except maybe Tomarrowland. They need to work on Star Tours, then get rid of HISTA (or replace it), then put back the Peoplemover (please don't theme it to the Incredibles), and then put the Astro Orbitor back on the top of the Observation Tower where it belongs. And...that is pretty much it.
    I agree, except I'd add rip out Innoventions and replace it with an original themed ride, and do something to futurize Autopia, and I'd like to see second level walkways and overall themeing to give the land more harmony. Other than that I wouldn't imagine any major projects at DL for a while. The focus will be on DCA mostly over the coming years, and hopefully if the few big TL problems are fixed, the third gate beyond that.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    I think the question is "Will be there open space left for new attractions after Cars Land?"

But then you have some underused areas, such as the former Hollywood and Dine building, the former Who Wants to be a Millionaire - Play It! building and other attractions that can close down and be replaced. The film attractions are obvious for being an easier switchover.

So will DCA (or whatever the new name of the park will be in 2012) be landlocked?

The answer is basically yes, some backstage stuff could be relocated to open up some space, but no large amounts of empty land (aka parking lot).
    Yeah, I agree with you there.

The Parade Building is in a stupid spot and will eventually be in the middle of the park. It could eventually be converted into an attraction I'm sure.

There is PLENTY of room in the current outlines of the park that could concievably be renovated.

- The long rumored mine ride near Grizzly Peak
    - The Challenge Trail area
    - The Hollywood and Dine/Millionairre buildings that Darkbeer mentioned
    - Plus, not sure if "Bugs Land" was ever intended to be a permanent thing, but the farm land coupled with Fliks Fun Faire gives quite a bit of real-estate.

Disneyland is also pretty much "land-locked" although they do have much more backstage space than DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    - The long rumored mine ride near Grizzly Peak
    - The Challenge Trail area
    Where is the rumored mine ride supposed to go if not in the Challenge Trail area?

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Where is the rumored mine ride supposed to go if not in the Challenge Trail area?
    I had heard it was supposed to go in and around GRR, but maybe I was wrong.

• Missing an Angel

Would it be possible for them to expand DCA across the street to the Simba lot?

Also, if I'm not mistaking, there will be a little room left in the Timon lot for expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post

Actually Darkbeer that is incorrect. I have seen the expansion plans and the park has a few expansion areas and there will still be plenty of land for DCA to expand after Cars Land.

First of all Cars Land will only use 12 acres of the timon lot it still leaves several acres available behind TOT for several attraction pads. In 2001 DCA had 28 acres of expansion space in the timon lot. Out of those 28 acres only a small fraction was used for TOT and FFF. I do not have the info in front of me but together we are looking at about 6 or so acres. Now subtract the 12 acres of Cars Land which by the way includes a small porion of the existing DCA property used by the farm.

The land being used for the multi lane parking ticket booths and entrance are still considered for removal when the time comes. It will all depend on traffic flow around the resort and the second parking structure. The land would then be able to extend out east toward Harbor. Some area would need to be left for backstage road to allow trucks to use the utility tunnel to Disneyland backstage. Paradise Pier also has a couple locations that are considered attraction expansion spots both in the boardwalk/backstage area and northern section.
    and Grizzlly Peak also has an attraction pad without having to remove the brother bear area.

After those areas are filled the park does allow for other buildings to be reconfigured and rebuilt along with pathways for future growth. Before that happens, the focus on expansion would already be on the third gate. The third gate is still being considered to happen sometime between a possible second and third phase growth of DCA.
    Last edited by Baloo; 10-28-2008 at 03:28 PM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Scurvy Pirate View Post
    Would it be possible for them to expand DCA across the street to the Simba lot?

Also, if I'm not mistaking, there will be a little room left in the Timon lot for expansion.
    Yeah, there's a little, maybe 6 or 7 acres of the parking lot will still be left. If they removed BL they could probably add a nice sized land with all that area or a massive E ticket related to either CL or Hollywood or BL, if they keep it, could go there.
    -Walt Disney

• Walt Disney Fan

Lets get through the first four years.

Who knows what Disney will have bought up in the next four years.

I believe they won't have anymore land that is if they don't buy more
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast