Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

My new camera and Disneyland/DCA

Right off the bat let me put in a disclaimer. My new camera is not one of the fancy, shamcy cameras like some of the great phototogs on this site use. But for me this camera is a step up. Previously I used a Sony CyberShot P32 which was 3.2 mega pixels and 2x zoom. My new camera is also a Sony CyberShot (because I am used to Sony) H10 which is 8 mega pixels and 10x zoom. I've had the camera for two weeks and yesterday I was finally able to get to the Park and play around with it. I am very pleased with the result. The pictures are much faster to take. Previously in order to get a clear, sharp photo I had to use the flash. I did not with this camera. I was able to take pictures using ISO in low light. It has a face detection feature, sports motion, steady shot, and many other features I need to learn to use. (Note: I have resized the photos for easier loading here).

So, here we go with a few select (I took 299 ) photos from yesterday 10/27.

I was able to get clear, close shots of the pumpkin heads above the entrances

On Main Street Minnie, then Pluto and finally Donald came out to perform with the band.

The Duck has attitude

Decorations along Main Street

I was never able to get in close to these pumpkins before

At the Pin Trading place in Frontierland some filming was going on. ???

Next, our favorite show Billy Hill and the Hillbillies. Again, I've never been able to get good shots of anyone in this show. This time I used the ISO feature and close ups.

Pig whistling

They did their tribute to the Beatles

It's time for the "train thang"

Did you feel the wind coming dangerously close to the front row?

Billy's proth"teeth"sis

The finale, The Devil Went Down to Georgia

Johnny, our hero

The battle between good and evil

My daughter's day was made when we found Jack and Sally out for photographs. I have to say I was really impressed with them but especially Jack. This person is really tall and thin and his voice is uncannily like Jack in the movie. Really great characters.

While waiting in line my daughter sketched them and then they signed the sketch

A really great pose

I loved how this shot came out

More to follow

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: My new camera and Disneyland/DCA

Great photos and glad you got an upgrade from 3.2 megapixels! Whew, even if you went to a 5, you would have seen a HUGE difference. The older camera you had was just terrible. I spoke to some reps at sony about it 5 years back and they agreed that it had its problems.

And... jack looks like an alien. Very scary!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Super Genius

8MB is screamin'. The camera at TOT is 10.
    When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Since I sit here 400 plus miles away and it's 92 degrees and I'm totally missing the park... THANK YOU! Great photos. A grand shot of Donald!

• Hug a Billy

On to part 2

We headed over to see the pumpkins at Big Thunder Ranch. I posted those photos in a thread about the pumpkins which is somewhere on this page.

From there we went to see Pixie Hollow. We did not want to wait 45 minutes but from what little I saw and heard, I was really impressed. The look of the place and the music they play is really great. They also shoot off streams of water in an arc at random including one that goes over the path way.

On this sign is a cute sculpture of Tink

And if you looked really closely a real dragon fly was perched on her wing

Something else my new camera has is Macro

Here's a shot using the sports feature which detects motion and figures out when to take the photo

Some balloon reflections (someone else on here did this, sorry can't remember who, and that is where I got the idea from)

Some things inside the Fortuosity shop

Next we headed over to DCA to visit Blue Sky Cellar. I took a lot of pictures but will only post one as there are many, many terrific photos of this on here already. This was a great place and again I was really impressed.

After eating dinner at IHOP we came back into Disneyland at dusk along with a huge crowd of people coming over from DCA. Along Main Street I enjoyed this chef pumpkin which was lit up

One thing I wanted to try with the camera was taking evening and night shots with the various features. Unfortunately this is where I ran into problems ... the battery. I only had the one battery that came with the camera and at this point it was getting really low.

I had really wanted to take pictures of the parade but only got a few. The battery died completely on me. Also I was at Small World and the floats and performers really come hauling out from back stage so it is hard to get a good shot. I've decided not to be there for photos in the future. My flash was taking a long time to recharge and I suspect it was because of my dying battery. This is one area I am going to have to work on with the camera and various settings. Also daytime shots will probably be better as I really need one of those fancier cameras to get moving shots at night. But here are a few that did come out before the camera shut down.

And then the camera died

One thing I am looking forward to trying is fireworks shots as the camera is supposed to have that feature.

Overall I am really, really happy with the camera and the results. My birthday is coming up and I've told my husband I want another camera battery

I want to be really comfortable with this camera and the various settings for my trip to WDW in April.

Thanks for looking

• Down Pluto!

Even though I have one of those Fancy-schmantzy cameras, having a nice point and shoot that is comfortable enough for you to use and makes you want to take more pictures is what is what it's all about. Clearly from your post, you like using the new camera. That's what's important. That the pictures are really good is just icing on the cake!

Nice pix. Enjoy, and have a great time taking more pictures. Don't forget to post some here...

And a spare battery is a great thing to carry with you. (hubby hint, hubby hint)

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

It sure looks like a fancy-shmancy camera to me! Those are some outstanding shots you have there, Wendygirl! I love you how set up your photos, and I think you have a great eye! I bet you're loving those extra megapixels. And I'm assuming your new camera has higher ISO as well. Those night shots came out great.

Nice job....looking forward to your next thread! And yeah. The extra battery would be a must. We wanted more!

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Cool pics Wendygirl! Sorry about your battery dying, but it sounds like you're enjoying the camera!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Your new camera seems to be doing just wonderfully! Thanks for sharing these terrific photos with us. I especially enjoyed the pictures of the Billys. Great work photographing their show inside the Golden Horseshoe!

• Oo-de-lally

Great pics.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

lots of ohhhh and ahhhhs moments. Thanks!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Nice pictures!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Nice pics.... I think I need to upgrade my camera also....
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Love your pics !!!! It's the person behind the lens that really can create a great shot. You do have the talent
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Hug a Billy

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I do enjoy photography. Years ago (talking back in the 70's) photography was kind of a hobby with me and I had a nice SLR camera. Marriage and a child made it too expensive to keep up. But now with digital cameras I can once again afford to indulge a little.

I am really happy I did this. I suspect with stores desperate for business this Christmas season we should see some really good sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast