Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

WiFi in Downtown Disney

On a recent trip, I was waiting for the Monorail in Downtown Disney. I had my PSP with me, and I decided to see if there was a wifi source nearby. I did a scan in the area and found a connection with an SSID of "Lumier". However, I couldn't connect.

Is this for employees or Hotel Guests? Why couldn't I obtain an IP address? Any answers would be great!

• Shubisha

Re: WiFi in Downtown Disney

The Disneyland Hotel / Grand Californian have free wifi. Dunno I'm sure they have some other private wifi networks they use in the park for various things.

• Yes its that much fun!

a new system is being installed! Temp. equipment has been set up in the Stitch lot All of the perm. equipment is going in behind the parking structure. This will give WiFi to all hotel guests and enhance Manager communications. (rumor is that they're all gettin blackberrys)
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

• Rainicorn.

Wow, that's very cool.

I'm glad my Sidekick worked in the park. It runs on a different system than wifi, though. WAP?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• All? NO, ALL!

PSP sometimes takes a few tries to obtain IP.

• Reaver of Souls

Often times you have to pay for WiFi access at hotels. When we were at WDW, we were in a Moderate resort, and had to pay for WiFi or in-room high speed. A little silly, in my opinion. I pick up hot spots on my PSP all the time, and if it's a pay access, the PSP can't get on. Next time I'm there I'll bring my iBook, and see if it gives me the "Pay-to-access" screen... That way I'll know if I cam play SoCom on my PSP while at DTD. I'll let you know ASAP, OK?

whew...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

WiFi might be cool at DTD

to bad I can't be an APer and enjoy it

best I found was a couple of wi fi nets in our campground while visiting but nothing my cousins laptop could access

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Often times you have to pay for WiFi access at hotels. When we were at WDW, we were in a Moderate resort, and had to pay for WiFi or in-room high speed. A little silly, in my opinion. I pick up hot spots on my PSP all the time, and if it's a pay access, the PSP can't get on. Next time I'm there I'll bring my iBook, and see if it gives me the "Pay-to-access" screen... That way I'll know if I cam play SoCom on my PSP while at DTD. I'll let you know ASAP, OK?

whew...
    Socom is going to be soooo flippin' cool. I swear, this is the most exciting time to be a gamer...

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    On a recent trip, I was waiting for the Monorail in Downtown Disney. I had my PSP with me, and I decided to see if there was a wifi source nearby. I did a scan in the area and found a connection with an SSID of "Lumier". However, I couldn't connect.

Is this for employees or Hotel Guests? Why couldn't I obtain an IP address? Any answers would be great!

Could be some encryption scheme, like WEP or something. Of course, if that was the case, it should have asked you to enter a passphrase.

We get free wireless over at the Residence Inn - really cool.

BTW, how do you like your PSP?
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NemoZorro
    Could be some encryption scheme, like WEP or something. Of course, if that was the case, it should have asked you to enter a passphrase.

We get free wireless over at the Residence Inn - really cool.

BTW, how do you like your PSP?

Best... Gadget... Ever...

Just wish it had more games

Honestly though, with so many multimedia functions, I spend more time watching videos, reading magazines and comics, viewing my pictures from my digital camera after I've taken them, Web Browser, MP3 player. It's just a kick butt gadget.

It's become INVALUABLE to me at Disneyland, especially when waiting in Space Mountain's Stand By line...

• Gay Man

I'm going to take a guess here and say the Lumier is the network that controls all of the lighting in DTD.

• out & about

I alsways thought the PSP was over rated till my friend brought one with him to an Angels game the other day. I spent more time playing with it than watching the game (Im not really an Angels fan anyway). Now Im totally sold. I want one. Im gonna get one. They are way cooler than I thought.

Back on topic... It is my opinion that there should be FREE Wi-fi connection in every high profil public gathering place, like DTD. Non of this T-Mobile HotSpot Starbucks crap where they charge infinity amounts of money so you can check your email while enjoying a cup of joe! Come on I think we all understand that the internet has turned itself into a right in this country and not a privilage (similar to how practically everyone offers free email accounts). Lets get it together and start heating the place up by offering FREE wireless hotspots.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WRDest79
    Back on topic... It is my opinion that there should be FREE Wi-fi connection in every high profil public gathering place, like DTD. Non of this T-Mobile HotSpot Starbucks crap where they charge infinity amounts of money so you can check your email while enjoying a cup of joe! Come on I think we all understand that the internet has turned itself into a right in this country and not a privilage (similar to how practically everyone offers free email accounts). Lets get it together and start heating the place up by offering FREE wireless hotspots.
    That's what I'm saying, the internet is free, what costs money is logging on... You'd think by now DTD would have WiFi for everyone. I don't know where Lumier was coming from, but the connection said it was at 50% by the monorail entrance.

Also, much to no avail, there is no Wifi in Disneyland. I guess that's a good thing, might turn the place into a college hangout spot or something!

• Reaver of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Socom is going to be soooo flippin' cool. I swear, this is the most exciting time to be a gamer...
    Yeah, I'm on the Beta for SoCom, and should be getting the UMD in a couple of weeks. I love Beta testing!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Reaver
    Yeah, I'm on the Beta for SoCom, and should be getting the UMD in a couple of weeks. I love Beta testing!
    Are you a member of the G.A.P.? I hadn't updated my info, so no beta test for me. The game was playing VERY nicely at E3, no telling how good it is now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast