Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Missing an Angel

Now it's Time to say Goodbye...

...to the Timon Parking Lot.

That's right folks. November 12th will be the last "full" operating status of the Timon Parking Lot. There will be a few sections that we will park but the Timon Parking Lot will be alot smaller come November 13th.

Re: Now it's Time to say Goodbye...

Really, is this because of Radiator Springs 4 DCA? Or something else I'm not aware of.
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• Missing an Angel

Quote Originally Posted by monicaduy View Post
    Really, is this because of Radiator Springs 4 DCA? Or something else I'm not aware of.
    It is because of the expansion.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Oh, this is terrible news! Coming from the south, that is the most convenient lot to park in. I guess it will have to be pumbaa now which is ok.

And if pumbaa is closed then it will have to be the dreaded structure. And I HATE THE STRUCTURE!!!!!!!

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I HATE THE STRUCTURE!!!!!!!
    Really? What's so bad about the structure? Have I just been hitting it at the right time so that it's not a hassle?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Really? What's so bad about the structure? Have I just been hitting it at the right time so that it's not a hassle?
    Let's see, being parked a LONG way from the Escalator (but you do get a view of the new bakery

The escalators/elevators on busy days.

The wait for the Trams....

I would LOVE to go back to the pre-Resort days, when the trams actually drove around the Parking lot and stopped MANY times when they got near your car.

When I stay at HoJo's, I WALK just to avoid the Parking structure.

Or park in Pummba (if open) to avoid the long lines for the toll booths and the trams.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

My issue is if you leave when the masses file out of Disneyland, the trams are a major hassle. I normally walk it but it's a fairly long hike.

• Lowering Expectations

I dislike parking in the M&F structure because:

1) it's plain unsightly, and probably the most unromantic way to start a day at the parks. trash builds up because there are not enough trash cans.

2) it takes a long time waiting in the line of cars to get your parking ticket. admittedly it's a mixed bag, but Timon and Pumbaa lots usually take less time.

3) parking at the ends of the structure is a pain because it takes so long to walk to the escalators.

4) it takes WAY too long to wait for the Mickey & Friends tram in the morning (from the structure stop) and at night (at the Downtown Disney stop). the Timon tram is always a treat because, while you may have to wait a little longer for one, you are not packed like sardines in the rows of seats.

5) on crowded days and weekends the exit to M&F structure forces you to take the 5 freeway. that's been a pet peeve of mine for years, even though I know why they do that (to prevent collisions from cars swerving across multiple lanes).

If I had to use the M&F elevator I'm sure I would also complain how long that takes, but I don't use it, so I won't.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• I'm not really here

So I assume they are going to rip up the lot and start in on basic infrastructure... water, electric, etc? Do we know how quickly after the 12th we're going to start seeing work take place or is it going to be pretty leisurely for a while and then kick into high gear?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lowering Expectations

So to accommodate the need for more spaces, will a new parking structure be built on the Pumbaa lot?

The Timon lot will be sorely missed. The entrance to it on Harbor is the closest thing we have to the original Disneyland marquee.. and of course the Timon parking is the last that remains of the original Disneyland lot.

The original Disneyland parking first got partly eaten up by the Indiana Jones show building (the Eeyore lot, well known because of the hidden sign in the Indy queue), then of course DCA and the DtD district took most of it, and now the last section will somewhat ironically become a land for Cars.

It's worth checking out the Yesterland article about the Disneyland lot.. just for memories' sake.
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 10-30-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Let's see, being parked a LONG way from the Escalator (but you do get a view of the new bakery

The escalators/elevators on busy days.

The wait for the Trams....

I would LOVE to go back to the pre-Resort days, when the trams actually drove around the Parking lot and stopped MANY times when they got near your car.

When I stay at HoJo's, I WALK just to avoid the Parking structure.

Or park in Pummba (if open) to avoid the long lines for the toll booths and the trams.
    I totally agree, they bring back memories
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    I dislike parking in the M&F structure because:

1) it's plain unsightly, and probably the most unromantic way to start a day at the parks. trash builds up because there are not enough trash cans.

2) it takes a long time waiting in the line of cars to get your parking ticket. admittedly it's a mixed bag, but Timon and Pumbaa lots usually take less time.

3) parking at the ends of the structure is a pain because it takes so long to walk to the escalators.

4) it takes WAY too long to wait for the Mickey & Friends tram in the morning (from the structure stop) and at night (at the Downtown Disney stop). the Timon tram is always a treat because, while you may have to wait a little longer for one, you are not packed like sardines in the rows of seats.

5) on crowded days and weekends the exit to M&F structure forces you to take the 5 freeway. that's been a pet peeve of mine for years, even though I know why they do that (to prevent collisions from cars swerving across multiple lanes).

If I had to use the M&F elevator I'm sure I would also complain how long that takes, but I don't use it, so I won't.
    As much as I'm okay with the structure, you do make a point. Things do get hectic on busy days.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

What Darkbeer said.

But the worst thing for me is the added inconvenience of simply getting there from the direction that I travel from. With Timon or Pumbaa all I have to do is exit at Katella and I'm right there. Now, I have to go down Katella for about a mile, go right on Disneyland Dr., and either go left on Magic Way (less likely) or make a U turn once I get to Ball Rd (more likely). The only other way is to get off on Harbor, go left on Ball, and go left on Disneyland Dr.

Either way adds on at least 10 or even more minutes on to my DL commute compared to the convenience of having Timon or Pumbaa right there after I get off the freeway.

Plus the long walking distances and congestion at the structure. Laziness has nothing to do with it. It's totally because I want to get inside the park as quickly as possible. And the structure prevents me from doing this. I so hate the structure.

Yes the structure is completely annoying on busy days. Long walks to the tram, a horrible wait.

-Frank

• Sock Puppet

According to this page, Pumbaa (yes, that's the correct spelling) is farther away from the park entrance than the M&F structure, and there is no tram available.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast