Disney Rewards Card- DCA Meet & Greet Free Pic

Has anyone used there Disney Rewards Visa Card to get this:

Character Meet 'N' Greet
    • Cardmember-exclusive Character Meet 'N' Greet photo opportunity located at Disney's California Adventure® Park in Hollywood Pictures Backlot (next to Disney•Pixar Monsters, Inc.).
    • Must present a valid Disney Rewards Visa Card for admission (limited to 6 people per card).
    • Offered daily 30 minutes after park opening for 90 minutes.
    • Enjoy a personal photo experience with some of your favorite Disney Characters and receive a complimentary 5 x 7 photo. It's one of the most unique benefits of being a Cardmember at the Disney Parks.
    Are there a lot of characters to choose 4rm to take a pic (free)?
    I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Disney Rewards Card- DCA Meet & Greet Free Pic

Quote Originally Posted by monicaduy View Post
    Are there a lot of characters to choose 4rm to take a pic (free)?
    It's usually Chip and Dale (just fresh from Storytellers). Can't knock something that's free however.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 10-30-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    -Monorail Man

Oh that's fine, there cool. I was just curious if there's a lot of them roaming around or if there was just one character there you know.
    1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I will have to make note of this for my upcoming trip. Thanks.

I've used this before. I've seen Chip and Dale there twice, Goofy once, and Pluto switched in right after Chip and Dale left. You might be able to use the coupon for any PhotoPass picture, but that depends entirely on the CM helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
    I've used this before. I've seen Chip and Dale there twice, Goofy once, and Pluto switched in right after Chip and Dale left. You might be able to use the coupon for any PhotoPass picture, but that depends entirely on the CM helping you.
    Do they have a limit? Like for ex: if I go in Nov and take one, then go again in Dec. will they give me another one?

• Prefect

Blog Entries

The Character Meet & Greet is located next to Monsters, Inc from 10:30-12:00 everyday. It is usually Chip & Dale or Pluto. You can get a free coupon once per day by showing your Disney Visa card. You will receive a Photopass card with your picture which you can later view at Greetings. Once you choose your picture & add borders and/or character signatures, your photo will be printed up for you.

Your coupon should be used only for your Meet & Greet photo, however, if your photo didn't turn out or you don't like it, you can use it for a different photo on your card.

Hope this helps!
    <o>

I love this little perk of the card. When the picture location was in Ariel's Grotto (I think that's the name, the princess restaurant on the water), we got a picture with Mickey and Goofy in sailor outfits. The last time we went and it was by Monster's Inc. the only ones we saw were Chip and Dale. We used it everyday of our trip. It is a neat free keepsake.

The other cool thing is that you can actually hang with the characters for a little while. It is usually not very busy. One time when we saw Chip and Dale, they were actually outside the area waving at people because they were bored. We wound up spending a good 10 minutes with Mickey and Goofy. I would recommend getting there about the middle of the time it is offered. This way those that rush over when it first opens are gone.

• Disney Geek

I have used it. Pretty cool perk just for having a Disney Visa.

You can use it once a day. If you're there for 3 days, you could get 3 free photos. The coupons do have an expiration date on them, so you want to make sure that you use it before said expiration date. It also must be redeemed in the parks.

I don't think you need to redeem the coupons on different days though. I was able to redeem two of my coupons on the same day.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Grumble...I read the details wrong before I went on my trip and thought it was 30 minutes from opening - as in it only ran from 10 - 10:30. Even with trying to get there for it, we'd keep getting to DCA at 10:45 and I thought we'd missed it so we didn't bother.

I have heard you can use the voucher for any photo pass photo but the picture has to have been taken in DCA. I love my character photo when it was in Ariel's Grotto downstairs. We had Goofy...and Capt. Mickey!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"