Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: What Attraction at Tommorrow Land Has gotta go...............

HISTA and Innoventions are the only attractions I want to see gone.

Autopia should stay, but get a HKDL-style update.

Star Tours needs it's new film too.

Space Mountain, Nemo, and Buzz are fine where they are.

Astro Orbitor should be moved back up to the top of the peoplemover platform, but until then I say keep it where it is.

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

The Astro Orbiter, of course! Also, the Innoventions building.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphenom View Post
    Ha, my wife ALWAYS says they should give up on the future bit, and just call it "Space Land."

I do think that a line needs to be drawn between what is "impossible to do currently" (ie, Space Mountain -- or rather, the concept the roller coaster is built around), and "fantasy." Too much of Tomorrowland is leaning in that fantasy direction -- not really science fiction, nor plausible science soon-to-be-fact, but plain old "give it pixie dust and call it fantasy" fantasy.

But we already have a place for that -- an entire land just for fantasy. All the well meaning talking fishes and toys should head off on that direction, and let Tomorrowland be about... Tomorrow. Not just space. Not fantasy. And not the Sharper Image.
    Tomorrowland has been too difficult to keep everything in "Sciece Faction" mode, the update to Innoventions a few months ago is that example - obviously, thats not where Tony Baxter excels. SO Make it Sci-fi Land, that's perfectly fine with me. In fact, many gadgets and things first seen Sci-Fi tv and movies are now a reality. We're still waiting on hover cars, so lets explore Sci Fi land, rather than the pathetic little that they can't do right .

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Tomorrowland has been too difficult to keep everything in "Sciece Faction" mode, the update to Innoventions a few months ago is that example - obviously, thats not where Tony Baxter excels. SO Make it Sci-fi Land, that's perfectly fine with me. In fact, many gadgets and things first seen Sci-Fi tv and movies are now a reality. We're still waiting on hover cars, so lets explore Sci Fi land, rather than the pathetic little that they can't do right .
    I'm very confused about what you're saying. But in any case...first of all, Tomorrowland always has been and always should be "the sci-fi land." Secondly, I don't think Tony Baxter was very involved in the Dream Home in Innoventions. Thirdly, it's possible to create a vision of the future that doesn't rapidly become dated or need constant replacing.

Keep Space and Star Tours, everything else needs major change. Subs and Buzz can stay if rethemed to actually reflect the land they are in. Play Buzz straight, like a Space Ranger's adventure instead of like a toy space ranger; and remove Nemo and put some adventure back into the subs. Autopia is too big and too problematic. It's boring, but if you add too much of anything it becomes a distraction and slows down cars. It's a big chunk of land that could be put to much better use. HISTA has obviously suffered the same fate as all 3D films, they become stagnate, especially when the newer models move in next door. Innoventions is only there because someone is footing the bill for now and Astro Oribitor needs to once again grace the skyline of the land.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Do you also include the Monorail?
    Oh, my bad! Space AND the Monorail I would like to stay.

Sorry, I associate the Monorail as part of the Disneyland Resort, not just strictly to Tomorrowland.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

We should deffinitly keep Cosmic Waves though, hehe!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

SCI FI LAND belongs in Disney's Hollywood Studios, but not Disneyland. I really like fiction but I like fact as well.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    How is Buzz Lightyear suited for DCA? I just can't imagine which land it could be shoe-horned into.
    I'm not terribly sure, but I know it's not suited for Tomorrowland.......that being my point. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that.

My biggest issue with Tomorrowland, currently, is that it is supposed to representative of "The Land of Tomorrow".....and I can't quite see how Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters fits into 'tomorrow'. Are we all going to be fighting some space toy in the future? It's a fun attraction - don't get me wrong.......but I don't see how it is part of "Tomorrow" - you know?

As for places to put it...in DCA that is........I'm thinking it could work in Hollywood Pictures Backlot with Muppets and Monsters...........

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Sambo Wrote:

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea exhibit was probably the most entertaining and exciting attraction at Tomorrowland at that time.
    I'm far too young to have ever seen the 20K exhibit (although I would have loved too). However, I do remember loving the giant squid we all encountered on that wonderful Submarine Voyage.

Anyway, turning Tomorrowland into "Outer Space World" is limiting its vision way too much. Yes, the final frontier did have a prominent place in the '67 Tomorrowland, but so did other things. A very wide swath of tomorrow was covered and resulted in a really amazing, diverse land.

• (Not a) New User

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Innoventions then HISTA.

Autopia needs an electric update with more futuristic vehicles. (remember...TOMORROWLAND)
    Exactly! Hehe... I remember watching TV one tim, and the commercial for "Meet the Robinsons" came on. There was a brief moment where you could see this place called "Todayland". It was identical to Tomorrowland, but since it was the future it had all the future technology they have in Tomorrowland! I'm sure I'm not the only one who saw this and caught the joke...

Subs - I do not like this Nemo version of the subs, but many others seem to, so I will let it slide

Monorail - Already being addressed by fixing the windows

Autopia – I don’t particularly enjoy this attraction, but I don’t think it needs to leave either. Start by updating the cars.

Innoventions - I have absolutely no use for this place. Level it, change it, whatever, just do something productive with it.

Space Mountain - Doing just fine as it is, however, I prefer the old escalators to the ramp we have to climb now.

Star Tours - Far too long in the tooth. The rumored update should take care of this.

BLAB - I have no use for this, IMO, waste of space. Many people like it, but I find it unentertaining and the blasters difficult to aim at best. I only trudge through this attraction because my 5 year old loves it. I say rip it out and put a modern version of a mission to mars type attraction in its place.

Astro Orbitors - I understand updating the old ride, but I do not understand placing it square in the middle of the entry way to Tomorrowland so that it can come across as a poorly placed Dumbo knockoff. Obliterate (and then incinerate) that monstrosity they call Observatron and put the orbitors back where they belong.

Ugly rocks in front of Astro Orbitors – These are ugly. Rip them out. Maybe a small fountain and some topiary.

Observatron - Obliterate (and then incinerate) this monstrosity

People Mover track and platform - bring us a modern version of this attraction.

Hista - This should have left a long time ago. I still say Disney has the best way of doing 3D since I do not have to wear a headset which is hard on my eyes and ears, but this film really needs to go.

Redd Rockett's Pizza Port - I didn't like that this replaced mission to mars, until I ate there. The food wasn't too bad and $21.00 (after the cast member discount) fed the wife, kid and I quite well.

Starcade – Level 1 - I have no use for this arcade. If it is making money, or at least paying its own way then I have no problem with it.

Starcade – Level 2 – Perhaps a full service restaurant which could also make use of the open area on the second level in front of Space Mountain.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    SCI FI LAND belongs in Disney's Hollywood Studios, but not Disneyland. I really like fiction but I like fact as well.
    The point of science fiction is not that it eschews fact. The idea is futuristic fiction that has at least a little bit of grounding in current scientific knowledge. Obviously, Tomorrowland is not going to be a purely factual land, because it attempts to show the future by definition, and we don't have any facts about the future whatsoever. Just hypotheses of varying probabilities. IMO, Tomorrowland needs to be a sincere and exciting vision of the future that's pretty consistent with what we currently know but isn't afraid to push the limits of what's possible in order to maximize the entertainment value.

• Banned User

I can think of very little in Tommorowland that should stay or at the very least shouldn't be changed in some significant way.

Space Mountain should stay: it's a good coaster and a Disneyland classic. A nice overhaul of the show building might be good though.

Autopia could go, with Carsland going in it seems like cars overkill. Plus there's that whole burning lots of fossil fuels thing.

BLAB: Can go, same thing as Carsland with Autopia. With Toy Story Midway Mania it seems like a duplicate (and yes I know it was there first).

Star Tours: Major overhaul. Last time I was on it the ride squeaked. Kinda Scary.

Rocket Rods: back to the top of the tall thing where it was before.

Innoventions: I bet they could find a better use of the space, especially if they combined it with the space from Autopia.

HISTA: could go, maybe they could put a scaled down version of of what's in Innoventions there.

Tommorowland Terrace is good but it needs a good makeover!

I would love to see an updated version of the People Mover put in.

Starcade: I have fond memories of the Starcade, but it does seem a little out of date. Playing video games used to be something unique to amusement parks, but now nearly everyone has a personal gaming system at home or in their bag so the uniqueness is no longer there. Although if they did take it out I hope they find somewhere else in the park to put the air hockey tables.

• Banned User

Innoventions and HISTA, blarg!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast