Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: What Attraction at Tommorrow Land Has gotta go...............

HISTA and Innoventions, move rockets back up above People Mover, bring back people mover, update star tours.

Rest is good to go!

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Starcade. I say put that thing in Downtown Disney. That way it'll keep the video games on property for those who like them, but not in the parks where they take up space for something else. (I'm thinking the beginning of the new Peoplemover queue.)

- Joe

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    HISTA and Innoventions, move rockets back up above People Mover, bring back people mover, update star tours.

Rest is good to go!
    ACCKK Kritter you have been MIA forever!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I only go on Space Mountain, Buzz and Star Tours( needs the update) plus the subs.... although Autopia is fun for little kids....but everything else need to go and bring back the People Mover--enjoyed it when I went to WDW--brought back memories
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• disneyland = my anti drug

i think innoventions is like the coolest place ever and it should stay. buzz and star tours??? there's just no magic or "tomorrow" in either. i think pepole can deal without them.

• Fantasmical!

I know a lot of people won't like this idea, but I think the blame for what I'll say falls on those who let what's there go in. Maybe tomorrow land needs to be relabeled as "Space Land".

Almost nothing in it is "tomorrow" ish, space mountain isn't how travel would be, star wars is more sci-fi than technology, buzz isn't tomorrow'ish in any way, HISTA is outdated and could easily fit a tomorrow theme if they did a film about something that's actually possible and likely in 10 years (and redo the film when it happens). Innoventions is worse than HISTA I think, and that's pretty low. I used to enjoy it for the old games on the first floor, the segway, and the old games on the second floor too. What's there now is a complete waste of time. They could very easily make Innoventions fun, exciting, and full of tomorrows gadgets but it's now just a junk drawer of tomorrow land.

<rant>
    Now it's not worth even going inside when it's a hundred degrees. You wait 15 minutes to go inside, every guy I've seen give the "welcome to our house" I feel terrible for because he has to get people excited for mostly lame stuff inside (One side note, the whole "welcome to our home" idea comes right out of LifeWares trade show demo they do at CES and other trade shows that takes people through an automated trailor (inside looks like a home) to show what automation can do, CM's are now no more than random actors they'd hire to do the parts for trade shows), and the trailer did more than innoventions does). Most other CM's inside just stand at the main opening door and don't do much else that I've ever seen, probably because there isn't and I'd bet Microsoft, LifeWare and the other partners to LifeWare made it a requirement that CM's have to be trained on using the products and be able to answer almost anything except pure sales questions.
    A player piano isn't special, nor is using a touch screen to control lights. The touch tables are fun but you can do what, three different things on them and that's it? The rear projected display onto the glass screen and film is cool, but again not a tomorrow technology (that screen is $6k, a few companies make them now and it's just two layers of glass and a film in the middle) and who in their home would want a wall that's 8ft deep to get the focal length to project the image? just so you don't see the projector? Same thing with the bedroom which I absolutely love how it's themed. The only cool things I saw were the kitchen with the faucet that came up when you turned the water on (it's been broken for a while now and isn't getting fixed), the microwave that lowered to the counter (never shown). The only "tomorrow" technology was the demo with RFID on the mixing bowl, the bad of flower, and other things that noticed when you put things on the counter, but they never demo that. Did anyone try the actuated racing chair on the first floor? You spend have the time driving through a completely black screen because the polygon rendering is all messed up and it should never have been put on the floor (and why it's blocked off now). We used to play it to see how few walls you could hit while it was black! )
    I've never once seen the ASIMO robot since it was brought there (always breaking? or what gives?) The face aging is cool, once. The games on the upper floor could take up a fourth of the space. I think expanding the health and body information would be a good thing, WDW's Innoventions is so superior to DL that I have no idea how innoventions has tanked liked it has. Put some spy gear in it, one or two rooms that are automated, a prototype hydrogen car, a demo of mag lev train, some science things.. I mean, science is the base of tomorrow and what if anything besides the health area in all of tomorrow is really science related?
    </rant>

If I got to pick what was in Tomorrow, I'd probably leave SM how it is, maybe add something about worm holes (WDW queue video kind of does this) at the very most. I'd make the people mover a mag lev, or do something that makes it fun to re-ride (you could do a lot by having model cities with special effects and other things to make it re-ridable). I'd scrap the space fountain and put the astro orbiters back up there where it should be, and come up with some new elevator to get people up that fits a tomorrow theme. (remember I-robot where the cars went up the side of the building for parking?) I'd leave SW but do as Disney is and make it SW 2.0, I'd keep the HISTO theater but do a new show that's re-visitable. Move the starcade to DTD as suggested, put what's in innoventions and worth keeping there.

Do something cool with the innoventions building, something that requires physical exercise, (laser tag'ish but not that, and something very creative). Or some sort of big simulator where people can join and leave as they want (imaging playing a two team game with 100+ people where the center is the game "board" using holograms and other things. You could also do this in HISTA which would make room for another idea.

Another use of the current innoventions building is to use it as an always growing and changing "future world" model where the entire center is the model (or models if it's best to have more than one main theme) and guests are allowed to create buildings and other things to go into it. The rotating ring would be a perfect use for observation since there's the ground and second level for viewing. I think some amazing things can come out of doing this. The ideas and fun could be had by anyone from little kids to the serious MC, Imagineer, modeler, and inventor. Imagine having your kid make something and get to see it be displayed and become part of "the future"? What could motivate a kid to dream and imagine as much as anything else at Disney. (Some things may only stay a week, months, or years) Two of my favorite rides are story book canal boats and peter pan because of the models and what you get to see, so why doesn't tomorrow land have something like this? Let it be the first "anyone can contribute" future museum in the world.

Oh, and I'd make autopia full of electric cars.

• Off to Neverland

Innoventions and HISTA are...in need of death

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by srcrbrandon View Post
    I know a lot of people won't like this idea, but I think the blame for what I'll say falls on those who let what's there go in. Maybe tomorrow land needs to be relabeled as "Space Land".

Almost nothing in it is "tomorrow" ish, space mountain isn't how travel would be, star wars is more sci-fi than technology, buzz isn't tomorrow'ish in any way, HISTA is outdated and could easily fit a tomorrow theme if they did a film about something that's actually possible and likely in 10 years (and redo the film when it happens). Innoventions is worse than HISTA I think, and that's pretty low. I used to enjoy it for the old games on the first floor, the segway, and the old games on the second floor too. What's there now is a complete waste of time. They could very easily make Innoventions fun, exciting, and full of tomorrows gadgets but it's now just a junk drawer of tomorrow land.

<rant>
    Now it's not worth even going inside when it's a hundred degrees. You wait 15 minutes to go inside, every guy I've seen give the "welcome to our house" I feel terrible for because he has to get people excited for mostly lame stuff inside (One side note, the whole "welcome to our home" idea comes right out of LifeWares trade show demo they do at CES and other trade shows that takes people through an automated trailor (inside looks like a home) to show what automation can do, CM's are now no more than random actors they'd hire to do the parts for trade shows), and the trailer did more than innoventions does). Most other CM's inside just stand at the main opening door and don't do much else that I've ever seen, probably because there isn't and I'd bet Microsoft, LifeWare and the other partners to LifeWare made it a requirement that CM's have to be trained on using the products and be able to answer almost anything except pure sales questions.
    A player piano isn't special, nor is using a touch screen to control lights. The touch tables are fun but you can do what, three different things on them and that's it? The rear projected display onto the glass screen and film is cool, but again not a tomorrow technology (that screen is $6k, a few companies make them now and it's just two layers of glass and a film in the middle) and who in their home would want a wall that's 8ft deep to get the focal length to project the image? just so you don't see the projector? Same thing with the bedroom which I absolutely love how it's themed. The only cool things I saw were the kitchen with the faucet that came up when you turned the water on (it's been broken for a while now and isn't getting fixed), the microwave that lowered to the counter (never shown). The only "tomorrow" technology was the demo with RFID on the mixing bowl, the bad of flower, and other things that noticed when you put things on the counter, but they never demo that. Did anyone try the actuated racing chair on the first floor? You spend have the time driving through a completely black screen because the polygon rendering is all messed up and it should never have been put on the floor (and why it's blocked off now). We used to play it to see how few walls you could hit while it was black! )
    I've never once seen the ASIMO robot since it was brought there (always breaking? or what gives?) The face aging is cool, once. The games on the upper floor could take up a fourth of the space. I think expanding the health and body information would be a good thing, WDW's Innoventions is so superior to DL that I have no idea how innoventions has tanked liked it has. Put some spy gear in it, one or two rooms that are automated, a prototype hydrogen car, a demo of mag lev train, some science things.. I mean, science is the base of tomorrow and what if anything besides the health area in all of tomorrow is really science related?
    </rant>

If I got to pick what was in Tomorrow, I'd probably leave SM how it is, maybe add something about worm holes (WDW queue video kind of does this) at the very most. I'd make the people mover a mag lev, or do something that makes it fun to re-ride (you could do a lot by having model cities with special effects and other things to make it re-ridable). I'd scrap the space fountain and put the astro orbiters back up there where it should be, and come up with some new elevator to get people up that fits a tomorrow theme. (remember I-robot where the cars went up the side of the building for parking?) I'd leave SW but do as Disney is and make it SW 2.0, I'd keep the HISTO theater but do a new show that's re-visitable. Move the starcade to DTD as suggested, put what's in innoventions and worth keeping there.

Do something cool with the innoventions building, something that requires physical exercise, (laser tag'ish but not that, and something very creative). Or some sort of big simulator where people can join and leave as they want (imaging playing a two team game with 100+ people where the center is the game "board" using holograms and other things. You could also do this in HISTA which would make room for another idea.

Another use of the current innoventions building is to use it as an always growing and changing "future world" model where the entire center is the model (or models if it's best to have more than one main theme) and guests are allowed to create buildings and other things to go into it. The rotating ring would be a perfect use for observation since there's the ground and second level for viewing. I think some amazing things can come out of doing this. The ideas and fun could be had by anyone from little kids to the serious MC, Imagineer, modeler, and inventor. Imagine having your kid make something and get to see it be displayed and become part of "the future"? What could motivate a kid to dream and imagine as much as anything else at Disney. (Some things may only stay a week, months, or years) Two of my favorite rides are story book canal boats and peter pan because of the models and what you get to see, so why doesn't tomorrow land have something like this? Let it be the first "anyone can contribute" future museum in the world.

Oh, and I'd make autopia full of electric cars.
    I totally Agree

• =)

I just wanted to say something about the physical-exercise-as-part-of-an-attraction idea - while it's cool in theory, I highly doubt that'd work well at all. People sweat, and then they smell, and then they stand in line with other guests in other attractions. Not such a great setup. Besides...most guests are already doing at least a few miles of walking on the average trip, so it's not as if Disneyland encourages a sedentary lifestyle.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345