Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Re: Should Fantasyland get "full-sized" dark rides?

I think that they thought the Rivers of America could somehow integrate education with fun?? Not sure. It is used, and not a waste, however. I mean, I guess you don't like Fantasmic!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I wouldn't take a thing out of Fantasyland except the Princess Fun Faire. It's prefectly detailed and is designed moreso for kids, but adults love it just the same. Let's focus on Frontierland & Tomorrowland first.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    This is more a thought experiment, I know there is no good reason to do it and it would be costly.

Over in DCA, The Little Mermaid promises to be a lavish, highly-themed, $100million attraction. It will have a fairly high capacity Haunted Mansion omni-mover style ride system.

Meanwhile, in the "new" Fantasyland, now 25 years old!, you have high capacity, but shorter, less themed attractions. Each of the castle buildings takes up the same space as The Little Mermaid attraction will take, but contains two or three attractions, not to mention restrooms, a restaurant and a shop.

My question: should WDI consider putting a single, highly-themed dark ride in each castle building, using the higher capacity omni-mover system?

Obviously, that would mean removing 3 attractions. Would that be sacrilegious? Could they later be re-added in other parts of Fantasyland, say the Motor Boat Cruise or the Fantasyland Theater areas? Do children prefer these shorter, less themed attractions to the more lavish TLM/HM style ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    The Hub is a lot of wasted space too. They could easily put a nice big rollercoaster right there. And a water park in the lakes in front of the Castle.

If you are being sarcastic with both proposals, Then then I agree that in addition to the huge attractions with Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers, that DCA should also add a few more intimate dark rides in the style of Snow, Pinoch, Toad, and Peter

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    If you are being sarcastic with both proposals, Then then I agree that in addition to the huge attractions with Little Mermaid and Radiator Springs Racers, that DCA should also add a few more intimate dark rides in the style of Snow, Pinoch, Toad, and Peter
    I was only being sarcastic with my second post, about the Hub being wasted space. It was just a reply to another post.

• Senior Minion

If you want a dark ride through a real land of fantasy, stick blacklights in the TDA building and push guests through the offices in desk chairs.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    If you want a dark ride through a real land of fantasy, stick blacklights in the TDA building and push guests through the offices in desk chairs.
    Oy, some of those desks certainly haven't seen the light of reality in a long time...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Oy, some of those desks certainly haven't seen the light of reality in a long time...
    True, but think of the cost benefits. Interns provide the ride's soundtrack by whistling a medley of tunes from Pixar films. Guests thrill to the Executive Cubicle, where they meet-and-greet the Execs. The lobby rakes in big bucks selling Ed Grier InAction Figures. The whole thing could be brought in for $75 million, tops -- 74 if you didn't use Aeron chairs.

- Neil Gabler

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I wouldn't take a thing out of Fantasyland except the Princess Fun Faire. It's prefectly detailed and is designed moreso for kids, but adults love it just the same. Let's focus on Frontierland & Tomorrowland first.
    Amen to that!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

How about rolling a few people down the stairs!

• Senior Minion

Sorry, wrong thread -- you want "Should DCA have more Interactive Guest Experiences," p. 4.

- Neil Gabler

• 47 SM´s in 2 days baby !

A perfect darkride for fantasyland is......... a stitch ride!

Don´t hit me!!!

Think about it. A very big ride like the early stitch teasers. Stitch "visits" beauty atb, aladdin, ariel and so on.

A very long ride, 15-20 minutes or so. With much of the movies, and just a little stitch in it.

Maybe as classic darkride, maybe a mix darkride and animations (works perfect in "crush´s coaster" in DLRP.

Or maybe even a 3D Version like "Spiderman" in IOA...

Either way - If made right, this could be very cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    And their occupants have probably not dragged themselves out to see the actual park in a long time, either.

Defenestration is more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterElwood View Post
    A perfect darkride for fantasyland is......... a stitch ride!

Don´t hit me!!!

Think about it. A very big ride like the early stitch teasers. Stitch "visits" beauty atb, aladdin, ariel and so on.

A very long ride, 15-20 minutes or so. With much of the movies, and just a little stitch in it.
    It's all fine and dandy until the ride becomes a big hit, and Stitch is retrofitted to every attraction in the park!

• Minion

In the next decade, if they

1) refresh the look of Tomorrowland, giving it a unified design (together with an update for Star Tours, replacement for HISTA, and one major new ride, perhaps to replace the old Carousel building), and

2) replace the current Pooh ride with something similar to Hunny Hunt

then I would be perfectly happy for DL

There is land for extension of FL without destroying the beautiful 1983 theming. The easiest option would be to replace the FL theater with a ride. I would also be in favor of removing ToonTown and extending Fantasyland into that area, as has been suggested earlier in this thread. If the third "Golden Age" of Disney animation materializes in the next few years, then that should provide some great ride ideas for the next few decades.
    Down with the Hat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12