• The Dudester

Monorail question.

Question for you MC experts:

Is there any method to the madness in regards to when Mark VIIs run? As an AP, I see those and the older Dreams-wrapped on running at various times. I'm staying at the Disneyland Hotel this Tuesday and Wednesday (Nov 4th and 5th) and I would like to ride one for the first time, into Disneyland, if possible. Thanks for any info!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Monorail question.

Best bet Is look at weather and see how hot it going be.

week days Mark VII may not be running.

only Disneyland have the answer.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

It is truly a Hit or Miss situation.

Mark VII Red and Blue have been used for Guests in the past few months, but it is spotty. First off, the Mark VII's require extra care in loading, as they cannot allow more than 15 people per car (holds 22). It is related to the lack of ventilation and heat issues (What happens if the Monorail breaks down, you have to plan for a 1 hour wait to be towed back to a station). Also, the Mark VII will never run when it is about 80 degrees or higher due to the same issue.

The Mark V Monorail Purple is the workhorse, and if it is available, it is usually out on the track. If it is need of repairs, then Disney might bring out the Mark VII's, or just keep the attraction closed.

So your best bet to ride a Mark VII, on busy days that are coll in temperature. Disney will want to run a multiple train operation due to the crowd size, and so long as the temperature is low enough, you should see a Mark VII. (And you can wait for the next train, just be polite and ask the CM at the loading platform if 2 are running, and could you wait for the next train so you could ride a Mark VII).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Fin...noggin...duuude!

Sorry, I can't really help you there. I have never been on the new ones, but that is to change next weekend! Anyway, your best bet is to just walk over to the monorail station and check it out and see which one is there or which ones are coming.

• The Dudester

Thanks for the info everyone! The next couple days look to be chilly, but not busy... so we'll see what happens! :-)

• Star Tourist

Last night the red one was running.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

I'm going tomorrow and hope to see blue and red making the rounds! I'll proably end up getting stuck with purple though...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Walt Disney Fan

It's just kinda random
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Blue takes too much time to pull out sadly if it were up to me, it'd be out more than red~

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Today, only Purple was running.

Doubt you will see 2 out until Friday due to the expected low crowds.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• The Dudester

I know this is late, but blue AND red were running! First thing in the morning I saw purple, but when we decided to take the monorail from Tomorrowland back to the hotel I said "I wish one of the news ones was running" and as I was half way up the ramp red pulled in! We ran up, there was almost NO ONE in the loading area to get on, and we rode in the front! It was a blast! Not only did I ride a Mark VII, I rode in the front with the driver, which I've never done. He almost didn't let us in because he was training one of the ambassadors, but that made it all the more interesting as I got to hear him teach someone how to run the monorail! Later in the day I rode red again in a regular cabin, and also saw blue running throughout the day. So despite the slow day (it was a Tuesday, Nov. 4th), I lucked out and got my wish!

• no flash photography...

We rode in the red one mid day and it was a horrible experience. There is no ventilation even with the windows propped open. It was very hot inside. I can totally understand why they stop running them above 80 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    It is truly a Hit or Miss situation.

First off, the Mark VII's require extra care in loading, as they cannot allow more than 15 people per car (holds 22). It is related to the lack of ventilation and heat issues
    Ahh so that's the deal. My fiance and I were wondering about this when we were there two weeks ago. We were wondering why there were only allowing 15 people per car. Looks big in there especially with the new benches. It was irritating seeing only 2-3 people sitting on a bench in each car. Meanwhile, the line was piling up at DD. I'll remember this next time we are there and the Mar VII's are running

• Banned User

The last couple of times I've been to the park, either Blue or Red or BOTH were running! One time it was a late Wednesday, so you might luck out.

• The Dudester

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    We rode in the red one mid day and it was a horrible experience. There is no ventilation even with the windows propped open. It was very hot inside. I can totally understand why they stop running them above 80 degrees.

It was nice and cool when I went, even rained in the morning! So it was a pleasure to ride. The front cabin, where the driver is, seemed to be air conditioned too. When I rode in a regular cabin though, I could feel the stuffiness even on a cool day. But the temperature was probably 65-70 and there were no more than 6-8 people in the cabin so it wasn't bad at all... but even based on that experience I can see how it would be terrible on warmer/more crowded days. Hopefully they can fix that soon, because these monorails are beautiful!