Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 72
  1. #46

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    So, I guess I have a simple question: How “relevant” is the puppy-dog-tame Haunted Mansion to today’s youth, and why shouldn’t its interior be gutted in favor of upgrades that would mirror more closely what today’s youth find terrifying, horrifying and…well…“relevant?”
    It's times like these when I'm glad that Disney strives to maintain a "family-friendly" approach when creating attractions with supernatural themes. The last thing the Haunted Mansion needs is over-the-top, blood-dripping "relevance." The attraction's brilliant blend of macabre and humor mark, as you said, a crowning achievement in Disney entertainment.

    It's a pity that the attraction has to be bombarded with cartoon skeletons and santa hats from October through December. It stands well enough on its own, and its themes are more than appropriate for October as it is -- I will never understand why Jack Skellington was invited to the Mansion during its most appropriate season.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  2. #47

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    While this thread has gone on four pages without a response from me, rest assured I've been reading and ejoying the discussion. Good opinions all around!

  3. #48

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,744

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    While this thread has gone on four pages without a response from me, rest assured I've been reading and ejoying the discussion. Good opinions all around!
    The Haunted Mansion should be torn down. Then they should put Mulholland Madness in it's place, giving more room for better themeing in DCA.

  4. #49

    • Inhospitable about happy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,702

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The Haunted Mansion should be torn down. Then they should put Mulholland Madness in it's place, giving more room for better themeing in DCA.
    How shocking. How horrible. Don't you know that "it's" means "it is," while the possessive form of "its" does not have an apostrophe?

  5. #50

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by HBG2 View Post
    How shocking. How horrible. Don't you know that "it's" means "it is," while the possessive form of "its" does not have an apostrophe?
    People don't care about grammar. It's not relevant anymore. It should be torn down and replaced with a movie tie-in, preferably a Pixar one.


  6. #51

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    The word "than" has all but dissappeared - replaced by "then"...
    So much for the value of education.

    HM? Tear it down and make it an under-the-berm walkway to the GCH.








    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  7. #52

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    The word "than" has all but dissappeared - replaced by "then"...
    So much for the value of education.
    So have the correct spellings of words such as "disappeared."


  8. #53

    • Down Pluto!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Altered State
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    So have the correct spellings of words such as "disappeared."
    See? Even the convenient use of spellcheck has become too much to handle.







    I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

  9. #54

    • Grim Grinning
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Orangevale,CA
    Posts
    13,477

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    The Haunted Mansion should be torn down. Then they should put Mulholland Madness in it's place, giving more room for better themeing in DCA.
    I truly hope you're joking! That's a terrible thing to say, I'm sure you're joking.

  10. #55

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,947

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    People don't care about grammar. It's not relevant anymore. It should be torn down and replaced with a movie tie-in, preferably a Pixar one.
    Your not kidding. Its like there not even trying anymore. But trying is better then not, right? The Haunted House and it's residents must stay!

  11. #56

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Your not kidding. Its like there not even trying anymore. But trying is better then not, right? The Haunted House and it's residents must stay!
    Nicely done.


  12. #57

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,744

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I truly hope you're joking! That's a terrible thing to say, I'm sure you're joking.
    You're right. I'm just joking.
    They don't have to tear anything down. Here's my idea. Thanks to the success of HSM3 they can turn HM into a frat house and re-theme the entire ride.

  13. #58

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,478

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    You're right. I'm just joking.
    They don't have to tear anything down. Here's my idea. Thanks to the success of HSM3 they can turn HM into a frat house and re-theme the entire ride.
    You lost me at HSM3... if the movie tie-in was Animal House you would have had my full support!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  14. #59

    • Don't Mess With The Duck!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Rosa, California - USA
    Posts
    3,644

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Why not just change it into Hannah Montana's house? Then at the end where the hitchhiking ghosts are located they could install an AA of Billy Ray Cyrus singing "Achy Breaky Heart." I think it would be a hoot!




    I kid, I kid!

  15. #60

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,478

    Re: "Relevance" and the Haunted Mansion

    Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    at the end where the hitchhiking ghosts are located they could install an AA of Billy Ray Cyrus singing "Achy Breaky Heart." I think it would be a hoot!
    sorry... that would take a back seat to John Belushi singing "Louie Louie"... my vote is Animal House!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2011
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 09:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •