• Banned User

Smart Halloween Move

I was at the Land on Oct. 30. I have never been to Mickey's Halloween. On my way out of the park and to my car around 6:30pm, I saw the masses of people coming in for Mickey's Halloween Treat. I use to go to Knott's Scary Farm every year (missed the last two years due to burn out). Halloween is big bucks. A huge percentage of Knott's income comes from the Haunt. Universal gets big crowds for their event. But it looks like Disney's offerings is pretty popular too. While Knotts and Universal goes for more of an adult scare with gore, mosnters and frights, Disney has tapped into a market that was not being exploited, the family. Now I have not a clue what goes on in Mickey's Halloween treat, but the people were coming in mass, with their little children, all in costume. People looked excited to be there. It looks to me that if Disney continues to grow this event, they might have a real hit on their hands. And unlike the other parks, that seem to pull in large numbers of rowdy teens and gang members, the Disney event is geared towards families and small children. What Disney has to pay in security compared to the other parks because of their audience must be big.

Me

• (Not a) New User

Re: Smart Halloween Move

Quote Originally Posted by SanSooMaster View Post
    \I have not a clue what goes on in Mickey's Halloween treat
    Me
    What do they do? Marvelous things! I went there last Halloween time for my b-day in early October. They have an exclusive parade just for those people who pay an extra thirty bucks to get in after the park closes. Some, but not all, of the rides are open (I.E. California Screamin', Monsters Inc.). They had this thing were the gave you this plastic bag that says "Mickey's Halloween Treat" on it, and you could walk around the park (following a trail) to spots were they had lotsa candy. Basically, it's trick-or-treating in the park! It was AWESOME!!!!

• Down Pluto!

I just wish they wouldn't start the decorating in September. Give us a break and let us enjoy at least week of October that is not Halloween themed. Totally ticks my family off...

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Sadly, DCA has cut back a little on halloween this year - no decorations in Tower of Terror. I don't recall that they decorated with the bat archway or the stained glass signs on the lampposts either, this year. Oh, they also cut out Golden Screams this year too. It wasn't that great of a show, BUT they really needed to replace it with some other Halloween Entertainment. DL cut the Miss Pumpkin Festival entertainment on Main Street, too.

I was hoping they would keep growing the special event party, too. But it doesn't appear that they added anything to the mini parade. THAT really needs to be upgraded to a bigger parade. Just saw a video of WDW's Halloween Party Parade, and It looks amazing. DCA really need more, than just the (candy) Corny decorations.

Quite frankly, Disney didn't deliver this year for Halloween, they really needed to at least keep the same amount of entertainment and decorations as last year, rather than reduce it. And the after hour Halloween parade at DCA STILL needs to be improved.
    Last edited by Aladdin; 11-01-2008 at 02:33 PM.

• Walt Disney Fan

I hope Disney stays family oriented because that's what makes it so fun
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney