• Resident Ghost

Time to put up Christmas Decorations!

Anything new this year in the works?

• Banned User

Re: Time to put up Christmas Decorations!

New decorations like the ones seen on the castle will be added all up & down Main Street, including the tree.

• =)

Did we ever get official confirmation of that? I can't remember.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Did we ever get official confirmation of that? I can't remember.
    I believe it was in a big press release from a while back.

• DCA FTW!

I noticed that they had 2 programmers setup on laptops in front of the castle about 12:30 am today. The castle has the snow on it but not the lighting so I'm not exactly sure what they were programing or setting up. Is some of the lighting in the snow? I dunno but I didn't get a chance to wait around for them to start testing things out.

Oh and as far as new things this year, the tree is fake with a I guess a "show mode" LED system.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Net lighting went up in some of the trees near the Hub -

Check this thread for all Christmas and Holiday related info for Disneyland Anaheim

Haven't X-Mas decorations been up for a few weeks? It bugs me that they have finally decided to celebrate Halloween and then refuse to actually commit to the holiday. It's like putting in spring decorations of Dec 20th. Either do Halloween or don't, stop the half theming.

• Magic Making

Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    I noticed that they had 2 programmers setup on laptops in front of the castle about 12:30 am today. The castle has the snow on it but not the lighting so I'm not exactly sure what they were programing or setting up. Is some of the lighting in the snow? I dunno but I didn't get a chance to wait around for them to start testing things out.

Oh and as far as new things this year, the tree is fake with a I guess a "show mode" LED system.
    There is lighting in the snow. There is also lighting in all the trees around the castle and in the hub. The garlands are back by the tree with new lighting in them being tested along with the tree. The tree was testing a few nights last week. There is a video up in a thread on there of it being tested.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    There is lighting in the snow. There is also lighting in all the trees around the castle and in the hub. The garlands are back by the tree with new lighting in them being tested along with the tree. The tree was testing a few nights last week. There is a video up in a thread on there of it being tested.
    A link to the video of the Christmas tree light testing is at the Holiday thread linked below - in the 1st post

Check this thread for all Christmas and Holiday related info for Disneyland Anaheim

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    Haven't X-Mas decorations been up for a few weeks? It bugs me that they have finally decided to celebrate Halloween and then refuse to actually commit to the holiday. It's like putting in spring decorations of Dec 20th. Either do Halloween or don't, stop the half theming.
    Exactly. They cut the Tower of Terror decorations this year, the Candy Corn Acres overlay will be pointless once Sunshine Plaza is gone, and there's still no major Halloween entertainment option until the fountain show opens and (hopefully) gets a Halloween overlay a few years after it opens. I honestly see no point in them doing a Halloween celebration if they aren't going to do it well.

Now, back on the subject of Christmas Decor, I always wished that Disney found a way to decorate Tomorrowland for the holidays. I mean, I think that strands of LEDs and maybe a few christmas trees made of metal would be cool. If Tomorrowland is supposed to represent the possibilities of the future, does that mean Christmas won't exist in the year 3000?

• Fireworks Finatic!

That's true.. I always hope each year they will finally decorate Tomorrowland. Even some of that shiny, matallic-looking garland hung on the buildings with some blue and/or white LED lights in them would match the land. I know they could do something if they really wanted.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyLD View Post
    I knew what I saw was the garland next to the tree but wasn't sure, thanks for the confirm. This years lighting for the tree and garland is goanna be awesome.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.