Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Re: Better Route for Park Hopping

No, it's simple to park hop at DL/DCA, but the monorail goes right through DCA and it would be nice if it stopped.

I can see there may be issues with that idea though. I can only imagine the confusion for non park hoppers and then once they get off they would have to wait for another monorail...that would cause a lot of frustration with the guests.

i can see where the idea is coming from but it really isnt necessary. it would waste money and i dont see the problem in walking literally 300 feet from turnstyle to turnstyle. but i definitely agree with some sort of monorail extension or peoplemover around the resort

• Hello

Cool Re: Better Route for Park Hopping

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    Well, nearly half of the messages have been objections to the idea, and some of the rest may simply be trying to find interesting ways to connect the two parks, regardless of the time or distances involved, Mr. Peoplemover (of all things! ).
    All I'm saying is that it's not worth. However if they were to expand the Peoplemover to the hotel, then it'll be worth the stop in DCA.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Peoplemover Priit View Post
    Shows you how much the thinking of American's. "I don't want to walk 100 yards. Lets take a train that will take a longer time to get there than walking."

I'm part Estonian and part American and I'm strongly against this idea!
    Yup. Anytime I'm working at the park and a guest asks for something (bathroom, ATM, such and such store, attraction, food etc.) unless they are physically standing next to it, if I explain it's a little further down, or God Forbid, in another land... their reaction is like I suggested them to go backpacking through Nepal.

The parks work well seperate. What we really need is just a monorail station in DCA and the Grand Californian. Having a Disney Hotel directly connect to inside the parks would be a huge bonus above any other hotel. There would never been any vacancies and they could charge whatever they want (even more so than now).

While I think that the situation is fine the way it is right now, looking ahead to the third theme park of the Disneyland Resort, guests would have to walk over 4500 feet (nearly a mile) and cross public streets in order to hop to its presumed gate from the center of the esplanade. And the distances from the current Disney-branded hotels would be even greater, so one would think that Disney would need to address this issue in a comprehensive manner. Since the topic of this thread is sufficiently broad to include this future scenario, how should the issue be handled? They could use buses like they do at WDW, but is there a better way? I'll have to mull this over for a while....

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cook View Post
    While I think that the situation is fine the way it is right now, looking ahead to the third theme park of the Disneyland Resort, guests would have to walk over 4500 feet (nearly a mile) and cross public streets in order to hop to its presumed gate from the center of the esplanade. And the distances from the current Disney-branded hotels would be even greater, so one would think that Disney would need to address this issue in a comprehensive manner. Since the topic of this thread is sufficiently broad to include this future scenario, how should the issue be handled? They could use buses like they do at WDW, but is there a better way? I'll have to mull this over for a while....
    You should check out Uncle Bob's Disneyland Resort Expansion Plan - he's got this covered, and there are a lot of other great ideas in that thread.
    Last edited by Mojave; 11-03-2008 at 08:31 PM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    You should check out Uncle Bob's Disneyland Resort Expansion Plan - he's go this covered, and there are a lot of other great ideas in that thread.
    I don't listen to anything that guy says, what a nut.

Anyways, thanks for the plug.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

wouldnt it be cool if they had small trams to take us to DCA?

C'mon. Like its that far...

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

I just see it as an excuse to bring back the people mover :]

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyJaded View Post
    I just see it as an excuse to bring back the people mover :]
    Now thats the kind of thinking we all need to be having ... what other excuses could we use to bring back the people mover so that younger people of todays generation can grow up with something I used to enjoy as a young child... and it doesnt break the illusion and magic as much as the skyway [no offense but if you can see the rooftops of fantasyland dark rides the illusion is impaired].

The people mover... simple, efficient, and a Disneyland Classic which didnt rely on a pixar or character tie in and was amazing as anything else in the park!

This topic needs more people mover!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    You should check out Uncle Bob's Disneyland Resort Expansion Plan - he's go this covered, and there are a lot of other great ideas in that thread.
    Oh, sorry about that. To be honest, I try to avoid topics that can get rather involved in a broad sense because I have a tendency to get obsessive over things. I simply forgot about this one (bad habit of skipping over sticky topics).

• Senior Minion

It's not a sticky, I'm not that special.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• 'Sleeping Beauty'

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    Now thats the kind of thinking we all need to be having ... what other excuses could we use to bring back the people mover so that younger people of todays generation can grow up with something I used to enjoy as a young child... and it doesnt break the illusion and magic as much as the skyway [no offense but if you can see the rooftops of fantasyland dark rides the illusion is impaired].

The people mover... simple, efficient, and a Disneyland Classic which didnt rely on a pixar or character tie in and was amazing as anything else in the park!

This topic needs more people mover!
    I have a feeling if it was to be brought back there would be a tie in though :[
    sad to say...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyJaded View Post
    I have a feeling if it was to be brought back there would be a tie in though :[
    sad to say...
    Supposedly Tony Baxter said that was the one ride he would fight to keep non-movie themed when brought back. Let's hope that's true, and he can win his fight.
    -Walt Disney

• aka the scorpion eater!

He better not make a movie tie in if the people mover comes back... lol

Seriously... I am all for movie tie ins [I just got to do Finding Nemo submarine Voyage on my last trip and it was amazing] but adding a movie tie in to the people mover which is mostly outdoors and all through Tomorrowland attractions [Tomorrowland in People Movers case is the attraction itself] is like coming out with a movie called "Kellogs Frosted Flakes... The Movie"... try making a movie out of that... it just doesnt work!

Unless you can draw up come elaborate 90 minute story about Tony the Tiger being some action hero and trying to save the world to get his Frosted Flakes... it just doesnt work

Now to get back on topic... seriously... we should be blessed that our parks are right across from eachother... 100 yards across the esplanade and soon to be shorter when the DCA expansion happens... its a shorter walk to park hop than walking to whatever hotel you may be staying at or even to the trams!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast